Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

the long lost art of letter writing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

the long lost art of letter writing _
PostSubject: the long lost art of letter writing   the long lost art of letter writing EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 5:30 am

does anybody else write letters? a couple of friends and i, and my mother for the time being, agreed not to email each other anymore and to write proper actual letters.

i think it is wonderful but a bit embarrassing because people look at you like you are crazy when you suggest it - it's so exciting receiving proper mail Very Happy i also sometimes send little gifts, a friend of mine recently moved to america so i posted some proper teabags and a jar of homepride pasta bake...it made her day and she sent some awesome sweeties back Very Happy

just enthusing Smile
Back to top Go down
mrsmb

mrsmb

About Me!
My Name: Kim
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: the long lost art of letter writing   the long lost art of letter writing EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 5:35 am

I should start doing this because me and my friends from university used to do it during the summer and I loved getting proper letters! I'm quite sad really because I love getting anything through the mail now Embarassed I agree that it's lovely taking the time and effort to write a proper letter and when one arrives for you it's lovely!
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: the long lost art of letter writing   the long lost art of letter writing EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 6:21 am

haha im the same, i get really excited when i get post...its just such a disappointment when it's a bank statement or something rubbish Laughing it's definitely worth taking half an hour to do a proper letter Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: the long lost art of letter writing   the long lost art of letter writing EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 6:25 am

I have nothing interesting to write about Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: the long lost art of letter writing   the long lost art of letter writing EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 6:26 am

your little baby, your umm interesting job.....the colour of the sky Laughing aspirations, inspirations, err what you ate today Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: the long lost art of letter writing   the long lost art of letter writing EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 6:46 am

me and my friend at school used to write a letter to each other and hand it over, then continue the letter on so we ended up with epic conversations in letter form. I still have some lurking in my old school bag Laughing

me and OH used to write weekend letters to each other when we were together in highschool. we used to walk home together and at the point where we went our seperate ways we'd hand over a letter that had all the things we were too embarrassed to say to each other Embarassed I still have them all in a box somewhere the long lost art of letter writing 270211
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: the long lost art of letter writing   the long lost art of letter writing EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 6:57 am

I dont write letters, but I think its so important to send thank you cards for things.

I ALWAYS send thank you cards from the girls when they get presents from people.

I try to make sure that I write nice little things about the presents they got and what they have done with them.

I have actually just started a range of home made kids ones and put them on ebay, as I could never find any really cute ones to send from the kids x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: the long lost art of letter writing   the long lost art of letter writing EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 7:09 am

Quote :
me and my friend at school used to write a letter to each other and hand
it over, then continue the letter on so we ended up with epic
conversations in letter form. I still have some lurking in my old school
bag Laughing

me
and OH used to write weekend letters to each other when we were
together in highschool. we used to walk home together and at the point
where we went our seperate ways we'd hand over a letter that had all the
things we were too embarrassed to say to each other Embarassed I still have them all in a box somewhere the long lost art of letter writing 270211
gross but cute! Laughing

we make them laura, but yeah it is a bit time consuming, and i'm not sure i will be able to make enough all at once for his birthday!
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: the long lost art of letter writing   the long lost art of letter writing EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 9:35 am

Pixel I use to have a similar thing with friends at school, we had a diary and the four of us use to take it in turns to write in it!
I still have the diary and the notes somewhere!

Also me and oh were friends for years before we were together, we use to write to each other! Infact sometimes we still do now! I love getting letters from him!
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: the long lost art of letter writing   the long lost art of letter writing EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 9:38 am

I used to write letters to my friends in school too. I've got boxes and notebooks full of our letters. My friend actually sent me a pic this morning of one she found that i'd written to her about 6yrs ago.

This has made me all sentimental i want to start writing letters to people now.
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: the long lost art of letter writing   the long lost art of letter writing EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 7:44 pm

I right letters to my dad and send cards.

Char
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: the long lost art of letter writing   the long lost art of letter writing EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 9:12 pm

Laura wrote:
I dont write letters, but I think its so important to send thank you cards for things.

I ALWAYS send thank you cards from the girls when they get presents from people.

I try to make sure that I write nice little things about the presents they got and what they have done with them.

I have actually just started a range of home made kids ones and put them on ebay, as I could never find any really cute ones to send from the kids x

oh these sound good do you have a link ?x
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: the long lost art of letter writing   the long lost art of letter writing EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 1:59 am

I'd love to write letters. I had a friend in the year below at school and we used to write each other letters. I also had loads of people I used to write to at uni. I think its so exciting to receive letters. I don't really have anyone to write to now though. My sister's in singapore so could write to her but she's so busy (she works in finance and often works until midnight) that she barely has time to reply to messages on facebook let alone a letter
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: the long lost art of letter writing   the long lost art of letter writing EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 7:56 am

well, i think we should start a banda penfriends club Laughing although after the forum im not sure we would have much left to write hahaha Smile
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: the long lost art of letter writing   the long lost art of letter writing EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 7:58 am

i might be showing my age but did anyone have a penpal club at school that matched you with other kids?, i loved it.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: the long lost art of letter writing   the long lost art of letter writing EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 8:09 am

i remember they used to try and make us be penpals with people abroad but its a very vague memory and i dont think i partook in that particular bit of fun Laughing ahhh the days before email!
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: the long lost art of letter writing   the long lost art of letter writing EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 8:26 am

I was in a pen pal thing from school.... it was called Hola! but I requested english speaking friends and neither wrote back to me Laughing
I had penpals from writing into Bunty (anyone remember that) I'm friends with one of the girls I wrote to on facebook Smile
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: the long lost art of letter writing   the long lost art of letter writing EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 8:34 am

bunty Shocked wow Laughing
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: the long lost art of letter writing   the long lost art of letter writing EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 8:48 am

oh I was part of that penpal thingy. I think mine was from australia.
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: the long lost art of letter writing   the long lost art of letter writing EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 6:35 am

I had a penpal called Sam who lived in Cheshire... so, if any of you northerners know a Sam in Cheshire... she may have been my penpal once! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: the long lost art of letter writing   the long lost art of letter writing Empty

Back to top Go down

the long lost art of letter writing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
the long lost art of letter writing Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
the long lost art of letter writing Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
the long lost art of letter writing Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
the long lost art of letter writing Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
the long lost art of letter writing Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
the long lost art of letter writing Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
the long lost art of letter writing Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
the long lost art of letter writing Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
the long lost art of letter writing Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
the long lost art of letter writing Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
the long lost art of letter writing Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
the long lost art of letter writing Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
the long lost art of letter writing Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
the long lost art of letter writing Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
the long lost art of letter writing Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???