Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

RIGHT!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mario

Edit MY profile

RIGHT!!! _
PostSubject: RIGHT!!!   RIGHT!!! EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 11:39 pm

Time to lose some weight. When i fell pregnant with C i was 11 stone, when i was ttc her i was at my lightest of 10-8 and ive got photos of me at that weight when i was also training for my black belt and i really suited it. But by the time i finished up being preg i was 13 stone then developed PND and didnt really do too well at trying to lose weight after that. When i fell preg with Awen I was 15-4 and im not tall!

Came out of my pregnancy a stone lighter than when i first got preg but i still have 4 stone to lose as im currently 14-7. I am aiming for 10 stone 7. For my height theoretically that still makes me 7lb overweight but like i say from last time i lost weight i was a size 12 at that point and very comfortable with myself so its a starter target for now.

Im not gonna try dieting just yet just cutting rubbish out and seeing what happens so thought id try this fitness pal thing i keep seeing pop up on fb.

Only prob is it isnt set up for ppl beastfeeding. To lose 2lb a week it says i should have a net intake of 1200 calories a day after exercise calories are subtracted. But from the reading i have been doing 2lb is about the max i should lose in a week without affecting my milk and also 1200 calories a day is way way too low when bfing. Ive read around a bit more and it seems 2200-2700 would maintain weight and to lose steadily 1.5-2lb should be 1500-1800 preferably closer to 1800. So ive fiddled with the settings to take in 1700 calories a day which it says i should lose about a 1lb a week on (as its not accounting for bfing) but im hoping the bfing will kick it up to 2lb for me.

Do love the fact you can include cleaning and walking with a buggy on your exercise log to knock daily calories off though. Apparently 1 hour of light housework is 200 cals for me! Though the house took me 3 hours today cos of running round between after kids i prob only got in an hour of actual cleaning lol! I have yet to decide what im gonna do about exercise, for now its just my daily routine of having the two girls to run round after - id love to get back to my martial arts but it all seems too overwhelming atm so might have to think about walking being y primary form of exercise for now. Planning on walking instead of car where poss

So started today and after breakfast and lunch and knocking off 200 for housework i still have 1059 calories left for the day Shocked . Im not convinced i can eat that many lol! I have gammon and colcannon for dinner!

Anyway the point of this thread is kinda 3 fold
-To see if the bfing ppl think what ive said about food intake sounds ok, i wanna make sure Awen still gets decent milk as i dont want my losing weight to affect her
-To publicly set myself up as losing weight so im less tempted to fall off the wagon. If you guys know you can kick my ass. This is the 1st time ive actually admitted my weight to anyone so this is a big deal for me. Could you guys keep me going
-To see if anyone wants to join me so i have a buddy to help me get motivated

So there you go
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

RIGHT!!! _
PostSubject: Re: RIGHT!!!   RIGHT!!! EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:24 am

Hey hun!!! welcome to healthy living!! Very Happy

I started in here last november and was doing MFP 1200 a day and did really well on it - lost 7lb in the first 2 weeks etc but being the run up to xmas and loads of birthdays around that time etc it just wasn't the right time for me to start. I fell off the wagon and put it all back on (and some Shocked) over xmas and new year.

Before Thomas I was like you - still officially a few pounds into the "overweight" category but very comfortable with myself and i nice size 12. I think it's more important to feel good about yourself than be a particular weight so my goal weight is 11st7lb but my ideal is 11st. Before Thomas I fluctuated between 11 - 11.5 and was happy. I went up to 15.7 with Thomas and only lost 2 so with Hannah went up to 17.4 affraid. That was this time last year and I am now down to 12st cheers if I can do it hun - anyone can!!

I think what you have said about mfp and bf is very sensible. When I was doing it I didnt really change much other than to cut out takeaways (well limit to one a month anyway) cut out picking between meals and cut crap (sweets/crisps/refined white flour products/fried food) and it worked. I am now following the slimming world extra easy plan (OH goes to SW and we just eat the same) and we have both lost 2 stone+ since jan. Once you are done with bf I would highly recommend it.

Anyway - there are a fair few of us here to kick each other up the bum and I genuinely do think posting in here helps keep you motivated and you know how lovely and supportive the ladies here are. I have had some really lovely meesages of support and congrats and every single one has been appreciated and helped to give me a boost.

You can do it hun! we are all here to help! Keep checking in here whenever you can and we'll give you a pat on the back or a kick up the bum where appropriate Wink

Well done for starting and good luck!!

xx
Back to top Go down
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!
My Name: Lita
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

RIGHT!!! _
PostSubject: Re: RIGHT!!!   RIGHT!!! EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:33 am

On MFP if you type 'breastfeeding' into the food search it will give you extra calories to use x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

RIGHT!!! _
PostSubject: Re: RIGHT!!!   RIGHT!!! EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:39 am

howdy lady, i did a post just below yours asking about my fitness pal (pal??? haha interesting word), and you can add bf into your calorie intake i am assured Smile havent actually signed up yet, trying to find another excuse not to Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

RIGHT!!! _
PostSubject: Re: RIGHT!!!   RIGHT!!! EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:05 am

hi all Ta for replies. deb Thats a fab weight loss you should be very proud. And Lita i read your other post about the food section after posting this. Have decided for now though to do it my way so i Dont have to input it every day just add some calories to my allowance. And mari come join it and be my not quite dieting buddy! Well after posting about housework i am Sat in park after twenty mins fast walking with double buggy having a pack of frazzles! Not really healthy but have some calories to spare now.
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

RIGHT!!! _
PostSubject: Re: RIGHT!!!   RIGHT!!! EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:33 am

Oh I really should start something too but as I said before I cant do things sensibly so I'm going to wait til after bf.

I do think the calorie intake of 1700 sounds a little bit low, but I suppose it's really hard to know. Just after I had Libby I couldnt eat - just couldnt face food and ended up being quite ill (passing out several times and ending up in hospital) so I am being cautious this time. What I'm trying to say is be careful hun, they do take alot out of you.

Good luck though, I think it's amazing that you're already a stone lighter now than when you fell pg! xx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

RIGHT!!! _
PostSubject: Re: RIGHT!!!   RIGHT!!! EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 4:12 am

I have only got 7lb left to get rid of, but its getting on my nerves.

It keeps creeping between 5 and 7lb and its just the amount I need to get back into my clothes pre pregnancy.

So, im with you x
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

RIGHT!!! _
PostSubject: Re: RIGHT!!!   RIGHT!!! EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 6:48 am

Oh I need to diet. I'm 15stone1 (how did that happen) so need to lose 5ish stone. I could do with a kick up the backside as well. Hope it goes well with you.
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

RIGHT!!! _
PostSubject: Re: RIGHT!!!   RIGHT!!! EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 7:18 am

LOL I've just been back through this week's diary and given myself 160 calories extra allowance a day for BFing breakfast and bedtime.

No longer feeling bad about that crème egg or Chinese takeaway!!

If anyone wants MFP friends, add me - my nick is the same: EmVar
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

RIGHT!!! _
PostSubject: Re: RIGHT!!!   RIGHT!!! EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 7:31 am

I've signed up to fitness pal too, I don't have loads of weight left to lose, somewhere between 7lb and a stone, but am finding this last bit the hardest, so need some extra help. my MFP name is mandy_grace if anyone wants to add me x
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Mario

Edit MY profile

RIGHT!!! _
PostSubject: Re: RIGHT!!!   RIGHT!!! EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:26 am

Im maoribadger
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

RIGHT!!! _
PostSubject: Re: RIGHT!!!   RIGHT!!! EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:46 am

well today not so good. Anyone who has read my post in pl knows the afternoon fright i gave myself and as usual when stressed i ate. But for once i owned up to it and recorded it as motivation instead of choosing to just not fill in a diary so back to it tomorro will add those of you whos names i know and anyone i Dont feel free to add me. Thanks for the support lovely ladies xxx
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

RIGHT!!! _
PostSubject: Re: RIGHT!!!   RIGHT!!! EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 7:45 pm

I think that's really good going that you broke the habit and recorded your food anyway. It's good to acknowledge your bad days as well as the good days.

Today is a new week so you can put it behind you and start afresh xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

RIGHT!!! _
PostSubject: Re: RIGHT!!!   RIGHT!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

RIGHT!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Life :: Healthy Living-
Latest topics
» Spotting
RIGHT!!! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
RIGHT!!! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
RIGHT!!! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
RIGHT!!! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
RIGHT!!! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
RIGHT!!! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
RIGHT!!! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
RIGHT!!! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
RIGHT!!! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
RIGHT!!! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
RIGHT!!! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
RIGHT!!! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
RIGHT!!! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
RIGHT!!! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
RIGHT!!! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words
hot or not
ChatBox
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com
ToS | Privacy Policy | Tickers | Amazon Shop | FAQs | Website