Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

:( where did she think the testing was done ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

:( where did she think the testing was done ? _
PostSubject: :( where did she think the testing was done ?   :( where did she think the testing was done ? EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:54 pm

the race for life is on today up this way and 10 mins before it starts a f/b of mine has posted
anyone who has sponsered me to run will get you money back i am not running the race , i did not know that animals were used for testing an i am not supporting something like that !
seriously , did she think tests were doen on bananas ?

,Oh is saying to me just now. and what ? just because we are top of the food chain what gives us the right etc etc
dont get me wrong i see his point ,but he has not watched a loved one die from cancer .
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: :( where did she think the testing was done ?   :( where did she think the testing was done ? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 12:13 am

if it was her child dying from cancer she would be lining up her pet dog for testing.

this is one thing that gets on my nerves. there are laws now so the animals are treated properly. and although your oh does have a point at least shes not running a race to support make up and cosmetics only to find outit was tested on an animal.

we wouldnt be where we are today medically without the help of animals

x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: :( where did she think the testing was done ?   :( where did she think the testing was done ? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:48 am

Tbh I hadnt really thought about cancer research testing on animals.... but it makes sense.

I dont agree with animal testing *, but I wouldnt say I was an animal lover either. 100% agree with steph - if Caitlin had Cancer I wouldnt think twice about the animal that was being tested on. Sorry if that sounds harsh to anyone. Neutral

*I mean for cosmetics etc ... though I dont actually check labels for that, hmmmm.

Last edited by snoopy21 on Mon May 09, 2011 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pepper

Pepper

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: :( where did she think the testing was done ?   :( where did she think the testing was done ? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:00 am

Steph I quite agree. These people that are against animal testing etc, but are happy to use the end product annoy me.

I have a friend who is a veggie as she can't stand the thought that animals were killed for food etc (she eats egg and tuna though)...but was quite happy to show off her brand new lovely leather sofa!! Shocked Erm how is that different????
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: :( where did she think the testing was done ?   :( where did she think the testing was done ? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:16 am

What an idiot! I bet she wouldnt refuse the drugs if it was her or her family
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: :( where did she think the testing was done ?   :( where did she think the testing was done ? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:45 pm

I don't like the idea of animal testing - I think they should use murderes and peadophiles Wink
but I would much rather have a cure for cancer than not test on animals.
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: :( where did she think the testing was done ?   :( where did she think the testing was done ? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:13 pm

The law in this country states that any drug to be used on humans must have been tested on animals and in clinical trials on healthy humans first so of course cancer drugs have been tested on animals. There would be a far greater outcry if people were killed or badly disfigured by a drug that hadn't been tested properly.

Very few drugs ever make it to market because a lot fail at the testing stage.

I disagree with animal testing for anything except medicines because I don't see why an animal should suffer for our vanity.

I used to work for one of the big pharmaceutical companies and we regularly had protesters outside our site. Interestingly they usually left when their leather shoes got wet in the rain.

As for not eating animals, we are designed to be omnivores and have eaten meat since time began. It is completely natural and part of the way the world works. As long as their treatment and welfare is considered it is perfectly okay. I can't see Lions giving up meat because it cruel to Zebras, wilderbeast and gazelles can you?

We are top of the food chain for a reason - we have developed brains to help us reach that point. We are not a particularly large species so would be a lot further down the food chain if we had not outwitted our predators.
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: :( where did she think the testing was done ?   :( where did she think the testing was done ? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:15 pm

you have to balance the thoughts and to me, i'd rather have a cure for cancer too.

but some people are very strong in their beliefs...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: :( where did she think the testing was done ?   :( where did she think the testing was done ? Empty

Back to top Go down

:( where did she think the testing was done ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
:( where did she think the testing was done ? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
:( where did she think the testing was done ? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
:( where did she think the testing was done ? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
:( where did she think the testing was done ? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
:( where did she think the testing was done ? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
:( where did she think the testing was done ? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
:( where did she think the testing was done ? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
:( where did she think the testing was done ? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
:( where did she think the testing was done ? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
:( where did she think the testing was done ? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
:( where did she think the testing was done ? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
:( where did she think the testing was done ? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
:( where did she think the testing was done ? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
:( where did she think the testing was done ? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
:( where did she think the testing was done ? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???