Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

weaning onto lumpier food/finger food

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!
My Name: lou
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

weaning onto lumpier food/finger food _
PostSubject: weaning onto lumpier food/finger food   weaning onto lumpier food/finger food EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:00 pm

when did you do this for your LO's. At the moment benji is closing his mouth to being spoon fed, i thought it was to do with him not being well, but Jo said that Ava did that aswell, so maybe it's time for a change??
He is being hand fed some toast at the moment, but has only managed half a slice of toast...
if i give him finger food he just squishes it, and pulls a "i'm not eating that" face Sad
kind of at a loss what to do...
sorry for all the moaning today lol
xx
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: weaning onto lumpier food/finger food   weaning onto lumpier food/finger food EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:09 pm

paying with his food is a good thing, it'll getting him used to all the new textures, keep giving him different things to try, when i started with ava i'd give her cheese cubes , sticks of steamed veg and breadsticks.

Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!
My Name: lou

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: weaning onto lumpier food/finger food   weaning onto lumpier food/finger food EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:09 pm

OOO breadsticks, didn't think of those Very Happy thanks xx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: weaning onto lumpier food/finger food   weaning onto lumpier food/finger food EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:18 pm

Wow half a round of toast is pretty good going Smile. Like pinky I do cheese, veg and breadsticks. I used to give ellie peeled chopped in quarters grapes which she loved. Also cheese omlette and cheese on toast. Or cereal such as cheerios just put on his highchair without milk?!?

It's quite a difficult stage and I always worried she wasn't getting enough!

Good luck x
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: weaning onto lumpier food/finger food   weaning onto lumpier food/finger food EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:34 pm

Arh hun, noah loves breadstickd so advise them. Crackers, i gave noah finger food at 6 months, he gagged a few times but now eats really well lol.

Cheese triangles, rusks, frubes very messy tho.

Noah loves to give food to the dog now very naughty lol. I would diffo let him explore and become independent with food. Just give him some toast and let him explore. He will learn.

Also give him a banana to hold and eat. It is so messy, but i just let noah get messy lol.

Try putting him in a highchair somewhere were u dont mind get messy garden etc. Buy some cornflower and put a load on a plate and let him feel, taste and get messy so eating becomes a bit more enjoyable. lol.

Char
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: weaning onto lumpier food/finger food   weaning onto lumpier food/finger food EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:42 pm

haha yeah refer to other post Wink stuff like little sandwiches with mild cheese inside are great for investigating and dissecting Very Happy its totally normal for them to not eat much and just mush stuff around - elijah still wont eat pieces of apple and looks disgusted at them, but yesterday he 'tasted' a grape after several weeks!!!

just give it time, do the washing up or something so he knows you are there but aren't 'watching' (of course you are secretly Wink) and he will probably get the idea. you will find one or two things he really likes at first - elijah's is cheese, boiled pasta, fish fingers or quorn fillets just now, but used to be banana, dollops of milky weetabix and organix crunchy finger foods (they are pretty good for new textures) ohhh and bread or toast with nothing on it!
Back to top Go down
Kinkyangel

Kinkyangel

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: weaning onto lumpier food/finger food   weaning onto lumpier food/finger food EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:51 am

My HV has told me to start finger food too! So this is the perfect post for me!

Thank you for your fab timing Lou!!

Xxx
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: weaning onto lumpier food/finger food   weaning onto lumpier food/finger food EmptySat May 14, 2011 4:17 am

Arwyn loves the twirly pasta, peas, sweetcorn, broccoli, cheese sandwiches (either dairylea, philly, or proper cheese), babybel chopped into slices, peaches, pears, breadsticks, the organix stuff - carrot sticks, cheese & herb puffs, rice cakes. just try anything and everything!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: weaning onto lumpier food/finger food   weaning onto lumpier food/finger food Empty

Back to top Go down

weaning onto lumpier food/finger food

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Baby Babble-
Latest topics
» Spotting
weaning onto lumpier food/finger food Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
weaning onto lumpier food/finger food Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
weaning onto lumpier food/finger food Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
weaning onto lumpier food/finger food Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
weaning onto lumpier food/finger food Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
weaning onto lumpier food/finger food Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
weaning onto lumpier food/finger food Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
weaning onto lumpier food/finger food Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
weaning onto lumpier food/finger food Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
weaning onto lumpier food/finger food Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
weaning onto lumpier food/finger food Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
weaning onto lumpier food/finger food Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
weaning onto lumpier food/finger food Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
weaning onto lumpier food/finger food Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
weaning onto lumpier food/finger food Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words