Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

feeling guilty

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

feeling guilty _
PostSubject: feeling guilty   feeling guilty EmptySat May 14, 2011 3:13 am

Some of you may have read my post about my mil the other day. I haven't seen her since and can't imagine i'm going to for a while as she's made of feel so bad about myself that the thought of seeing her gives me panic attacks. I'm happy not seeing her but I hate seeing hubby so down. He says he won't see her until I do (even though i've said its fine if he does) and has a lot of issues with his mum but I know he hates this. I know its partly because his now going to have to sort things out and he'd rather bury his head in the sand but I can't help feeling i'm happy at his expense. His mum isn't helping as he asked for some space and she's bombarding him with texts every day. I just can't see any way out of this though
Back to top Go down
Kitcat4192

Edit MY profile

feeling guilty _
PostSubject: Re: feeling guilty   feeling guilty EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:32 am

Aw I didn't see your post on mil but mine isn't great so I feel for you. I would happily cut mil out as she ignores me to the point of just being rude I.e asking oh if he wants biscuits but not offering me or our kids just one example.

Hopefully oh will face issues with his mum. I hope it gets resolved in a way that works for all of you.

Hugs

X
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

feeling guilty _
PostSubject: Re: feeling guilty   feeling guilty EmptySat May 14, 2011 9:22 am

Well I did an unbelievable thing tonight - I apologised to my MIL Shocked

I didnt even mean to it just came out! Like you I havent saw MIL for a week & was bloody tempted not to go tonight but decided to swallow it for Caitlin. Before leaving Stuart begged me not to row with his mum and put things behind me/forget about last week (wanted to smack him for that but anyway).

Walked in tonight and she said hi to Caitlin and then I just thought - *$%£ it, I dont want it to be awkward, I'l never feel close to her so I may aswell play this whole fake/nodding game she likes and accept that I cant change her. So I said I was sorry if id annoyed her in anyway, that wasnt my intention and I just wanted to sort things out with Stuart myself. She then apologised and gave me a hug affraid . I then left lol to give my friend a lift to town. Still not keen on hanging round her but at least Caitlin got to stay for an hr and have some nana/caitlin time.

I do feel better now the air is cleared a bit (even though I had to do it!), Im the more mature person, it was done on my terms and though I was a wimp and didnt say my true feelings towards her I think iv reached a place were Iv accepted she is an arse and am not going to get upset by her again - remind me I said this in 6 months time when im ranting again lol!

I do feel better now with Stuart as we can sort things out without either of us bringing his mum up. That was a seperate issue and now its closed.

If I was you I dont think the feeling of panic/dread would go away until I saw MIL again - be it to apologise, talk, ignore what happened, shout.... Id need something to happen. I guess no one can decide what is right for you. My MIL isnt a risk to Caitlin, just an interfering biddy so I suppose there are different issues going on. Dont feel guilty - especially if your MIL doesnt! Maybe your OH needs to sort things out on his own with MIL before you and her try and repair any bridges. Maybe an underlying issue is she feels you have taken her son away?
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

feeling guilty _
PostSubject: Re: feeling guilty   feeling guilty EmptySat May 14, 2011 10:19 am

Glad you've sorted things with your mil. Don't think it has anything to do with oh because she wasn't bothered before Jamie and if oh's brothers have kids she won't care about Jamie. Think I need to take some time out for my health at the moment. Hubby has been out with my sister's husband and my dad and seems happier. They both had problems with their mums so hopefully its helped to talk to them. My sister also pointed out i'm not stopping oh seeing his mum so I shouldn't feel guilty because his chosen not to
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

feeling guilty _
PostSubject: Re: feeling guilty   feeling guilty Empty

Back to top Go down

feeling guilty

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
feeling guilty Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
feeling guilty Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
feeling guilty Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
feeling guilty Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
feeling guilty Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
feeling guilty Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
feeling guilty Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
feeling guilty Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
feeling guilty Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
feeling guilty Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
feeling guilty Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
feeling guilty Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
feeling guilty Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
feeling guilty Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
feeling guilty Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words