Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

How many meals?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

How many meals? _
PostSubject: How many meals?   How many meals? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:04 pm

does your toddler actually eat? as in a proper sit down and eat a plate full type meal???

My two both love their breakfast, usually dry cereal + brown toast/toated pancakes + a piece of fruit each

Thomas really likes his lunch and will eat a full 2 slice sandwich, a piece of fruit (or two), a yoghurt and a bag of crisps. Hannah however has taken to just picking at her lunch, today she had 1/4 cheese sarnie and couple of slices of banana and a cherry tomato Neutral

Dinner is the other way around - Hannah loves her dinner, she can quite easily polish off 3 fishfingers, a whole jacket potato (large one Shocked) and a massive mound of veg followed by fruit and custard or a muffin etc. Thomas is a pain and will literally eat 1/2 a fishfinger and a couple of jacket wedges (wont touch veg) Rolling Eyes

So they each only really have 2 meals a day + a snack and drink plenty. I'm not worried about them as such just wondered if anyone elses kids are like this?

xx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

How many meals? _
PostSubject: Re: How many meals?   How many meals? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Izzy has 4 Shocked Breakfast, Lunch, Tea and Supper!

An example would be

Cereal & banana for breakfast
Jacket potato and yoghurt for lunch
Whatever we have for tea plus fruit/yoghurt/whatever pud we have if we have one
Cereal for supper

Also snacks in between if she asks, but not big snacks

This week she has been poorly though, and although still having 4 meals she has just been picking at lunch and tea
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

How many meals? _
PostSubject: Re: How many meals?   How many meals? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:20 pm

Sam will have wheatabix on a morning, fruit throughout the rest of the morning, maybe a sandwich or something light for lunch, then when the kids come home from school they all gorge on snacks, cheese strings, cheese dippers, biscuits, crisps, fruit, sausage rolls etc!! (have tried to stop them but it doesnt work!) so he joins in too then we will sit down and have a proper cooked dinner around 6-7 xx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

How many meals? _
PostSubject: Re: How many meals?   How many meals? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:36 pm

mara wrote:
Sam will have wheatabix on a morning, fruit throughout the rest of the morning, maybe a sandwich or something light for lunch, then when the kids come home from school they all gorge on snacks, cheese strings, cheese dippers, biscuits, crisps, fruit, sausage rolls etc!! (have tried to stop them but it doesnt work!) so he joins in too then we will sit down and have a proper cooked dinner around 6-7 xx

lol you are soft!!! Don't buy them! That'll do the trick Laughing
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

How many meals? _
PostSubject: Re: How many meals?   How many meals? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:38 pm

Lisa my life wouldnt be worth living if i didnt buy snacks!! Easier just to let them get on with it Choclit
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

How many meals? _
PostSubject: Re: How many meals?   How many meals? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:50 pm

Ellie is a bit of a picker when it comes to breakfast and will just have a bit of toast or crumpet and half a banana. Lunch is usually cheese on toast/butty/beans and sausage. But at tea time (5pm) she has a proper dinner with veg and ketchup (she loves ketchup). Then when we eat at around 7 she has a bit of what we have.

I've also got other kids and a kitchen full of crisps, sweets,biscuits, cheese strings which ellie loves so gets these.
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

How many meals? _
PostSubject: Re: How many meals?   How many meals? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:50 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

How many meals? _
PostSubject: Re: How many meals?   How many meals? EmptySat May 21, 2011 12:12 am

Ava sounds a bit like Hannah, wolfs her porridge every morning, picks at lunch and eats all her dinner, she's been off her food for a few weeks but seems to be getting back on track now
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

How many meals? _
PostSubject: Re: How many meals?   How many meals? EmptySat May 21, 2011 12:43 am

3 usually - eli is a bit funny with brekkie and it can be a whole bowl of cereal and toast or sometimes half a yogurt...lunchtime he usually eats for about an hour haha you can just keep putting things in front of him!!! then a bit funny with tea, usually somewhere between breakfast and lunch sized meal....but he still has snacks and bf during the day although no supper just a bf at bedtime.
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

How many meals? _
PostSubject: Re: How many meals?   How many meals? EmptySat May 21, 2011 5:53 am

Lewis loves his food and will have 3 meals and snacks, H on the hand sometimes doesn't eat all his meals and will pick sometimes x
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

How many meals? _
PostSubject: Re: How many meals?   How many meals? EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:00 am

Callum tends to eat a good amount of breafast dily with a snack around 10ish then if he naps he will not eat much for lunch he would just pick but if he wont go down he will eat a whole sandwich adn snacks but the more he eats at lunch the less he eats at dinner x
Im not worried about it anymore he will eat if hes hungary your offering it to them not much moe you can do x
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

How many meals? _
PostSubject: Re: How many meals?   How many meals? EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:34 am

Oliver is an 'early day' eater too.

Breakfast he can polish off an adult portion of porridge + milk. 10.30ish, he'll have a slice of toast and some fruit ie; a portion of strawberries and a banana. Lunch he more often than not scrans all his s/wich, more fruit, yogurt and a chocbar/biscuit or crisps.

Then when it comes to tea time he just picks.

I'm not worried as I know he gets a good diet early on in the day, so sometimes he'll pick at tea and have a portion of fruit for.
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

How many meals? _
PostSubject: Re: How many meals?   How many meals? EmptySun May 22, 2011 12:42 am

alfie loves any food at any time!! hje usually eats either 2 weetabix with banana for brekkie or 2 slices of toast. dinner is usually a sandwich with fruit and a yog and tea is normally watever we had for tea the night before. he sometimes has a biscuit or a crumpet before bed too depending on when he had tea. he also has snacks!!

x
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

How many meals? _
PostSubject: Re: How many meals?   How many meals? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 4:02 am

Tyler has 3 meals out of 4 normally...
he has a massive breakfast at home, and then has a second breakfast at nursery (sometimes 2 portions!)

Then if he's at nursery he has between 2 and 3 portions of whatever they give him. When he's home he picks at him tea but he will always eat loads of fruit for pudding.

So he fills up in the morning and just tops up before bed I guess. On the weekend when he's with us he picks at lunch and dinner though.
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

How many meals? _
PostSubject: Re: How many meals?   How many meals? EmptyWed May 25, 2011 4:22 am

Braden eats all his meals, and one snack a day.. dita barely eats anything. then maybe once a week will pig out x
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

How many meals? _
PostSubject: Re: How many meals?   How many meals? EmptyWed May 25, 2011 5:33 am

Imogen will always eat breakfast typically wheatabix or shreddies with raisins, toast or dippy eat &toast.

Lunch is hit and miss, one day she'll eat the lot the next nothing. It can be exactly the same thing and she'll love it one day, hate it another. I usually give her a sandwich with fruit &yoghurt.

Dinner she's got really good and will eat most of it.

I'd say like yours, Immi is eating 2 1/2 meals really but i'm not too worried. The days she doesnt touch lunch i try to give her more dinner or snacks (she rarely has snacks)
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

How many meals? _
PostSubject: Re: How many meals?   How many meals? EmptyWed May 25, 2011 7:58 am

oliver is the same debs, if he eats lunch he will just pick at his dinner, but if her picks at his lunch he will eat dinner Laughing

leo on the other hand like izzy has always had 4 meals and eats loads x
Back to top Go down
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

How many meals? _
PostSubject: Re: How many meals?   How many meals? EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:49 pm

When Soph's hasnt got a cold, she usually will eat an adult portion of cereal or porridge and if a nursery dya have toast too.

For lunch it is hit and miss, but usually eats at least half of it. I do things like a sarnie and fruit (sometimes all of it, usually at elast half of it and all the fruit), maccy cheese, or spaghetti hoops on toast.

For dinner, when she is in good form, she will isially eat most of it, but if she decides she doesnt like it, or is too tired, then not so much.

At nursery though, she has toast in the morning, then a snack, then a lunch with a pud, then tea with a pud, and she usually eats the lot, then has dinner at home and usually eats most of that too!

She has snacks when at home, but just when she asks for them, so sometimes not many at all!

Mandy xx
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

How many meals? _
PostSubject: Re: How many meals?   How many meals? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:21 am

dita is 17 months and has 1/2 a slice of toast for brekkie, sometimes a mini box of raisins 1/4 sandwich (again half of one slice) for dinner and half pack of quavers, 3 cherry toms and half an apple. 1 smiley face and 1 sausage and a tablespoon peas (just as an example) maybe a biscuit or mini milk or more fruit pudding she doesnt have snacks either x
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

How many meals? _
PostSubject: Re: How many meals?   How many meals? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:15 am

hannahs fave meal of the day is breakfast. she has a huge bowl of cereal or two weetabix. she then gets fruit for a snack and will always eat all her lunch - I serve sandwiches but her nursery will serve a two course meal like soup and then mince and potatoes or something.

she hardly ever eats her dinner unless its something she really loves and that can vary depending on her mood so its not like I can always serve things I know she likes.
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

How many meals? _
PostSubject: Re: How many meals?   How many meals? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 10:29 pm

paiges doent do to well.. a normal day lately has been

b- ceral or one slice of toast n a cup of milk
s- some fruit
l- half a sandiwch or ceral bar thing, a cheese string and yogurt
s- a biccy
d- will be for example, one fish finger a veggy stick or some thing likw that, beans n some sort of spud, which she never eats it all.. n then a fruit pot buit she wont eat them these days
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

How many meals? _
PostSubject: Re: How many meals?   How many meals? EmptySat May 28, 2011 9:15 am

lily-ann always has 3meals a day, she only doesn't eat if she's really ill and we can't get it down her

lewis never skipped a meal either until lately...the past week or two he's gotten really fussy and kicks up a fuss at lunch!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

How many meals? _
PostSubject: Re: How many meals?   How many meals? Empty

Back to top Go down

How many meals?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
How many meals? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
How many meals? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
How many meals? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
How many meals? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
How many meals? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
How many meals? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
How many meals? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
How many meals? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
How many meals? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
How many meals? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
How many meals? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
How many meals? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
How many meals? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
How many meals? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
How many meals? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words