Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

introducing a pillow

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

introducing a pillow _
PostSubject: introducing a pillow   introducing a pillow EmptyMon May 30, 2011 2:19 am

what age did you introduce a pillow? i've been googling and there's a lot of conflicting information, some sites say a year and others 2 years.
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

introducing a pillow _
PostSubject: Re: introducing a pillow   introducing a pillow EmptyMon May 30, 2011 2:40 am

Harry had a pillow from 11months xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

introducing a pillow _
PostSubject: Re: introducing a pillow   introducing a pillow EmptyMon May 30, 2011 2:48 am

hmm i am wondering too cos i think eli would really like one but not sure if it is still a bit young for it not to be smothery?
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

introducing a pillow _
PostSubject: Re: introducing a pillow   introducing a pillow EmptyMon May 30, 2011 4:06 am

Hannah has had one since 8 months and Thomas was 10 months. In both cases I gave them them because they had a bad cold and were struggling to breath through it in the night so a pillow halped raise them up slightly and settled them better. I just let them keep them after that as they both like them.

xx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

introducing a pillow _
PostSubject: Re: introducing a pillow   introducing a pillow EmptyMon May 30, 2011 4:42 am

I'm bedtime smother worrier! Poor ellie doesn't even get a blanket or to keep her bunny in the cot once she is asleep as I worry about her suffocating.

So ellie will have to wait till she's at least two for such soft comfy luxuries.

Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

introducing a pillow _
PostSubject: Re: introducing a pillow   introducing a pillow EmptyMon May 30, 2011 4:52 am

Izzy had one when she was 3 months old (or around then, cant remember exactly when)

In Sweden (they more advanced in us in lots of medical/safety areas) they recommend a pillow from birth!

They have lower sids deaths than us - so a lot of what we are told regrading sids and how to avoid it is nonsense/speculation maybe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
tattyT

tattyT

About Me!
My Name: tattyT
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

introducing a pillow _
PostSubject: Re: introducing a pillow   introducing a pillow EmptyMon May 30, 2011 4:56 am

I gave Jaiden a pillow when he started putting his toys/hands under his head when he was sleeping was just over 1 i think

but sophia still doest have 1 she is quite happy with nothing under her head i might give it a go tho as she has just started waking up during the night again
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

introducing a pillow _
PostSubject: Re: introducing a pillow   introducing a pillow EmptyMon May 30, 2011 5:17 am

I think Caitlin was about 15 months when she first got duvet and pillow. She didnt use pillow at all as she is still a child who does 360 degree spins in the night. The duvert too gets kicked off/hugged/slept on.

In the end I took them out of cot, not for safety reasons - just because she wasnt interested. I'l maybe try them again soon though.

I always thought 1 was the norm age x
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

introducing a pillow _
PostSubject: Re: introducing a pillow   introducing a pillow EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:13 am

Imogen was about 12months Smile
Back to top Go down
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

introducing a pillow _
PostSubject: Re: introducing a pillow   introducing a pillow EmptyMon May 30, 2011 7:22 am

I think Sophia was 13 months or so. She just has a really thin IKEA one. and I swapped over to a duvet at the same time too.

Mandy xx
Back to top Go down
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!
My Name: lou

Edit MY profile

introducing a pillow _
PostSubject: Re: introducing a pillow   introducing a pillow EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:21 am

benji had a cold so i used one of our pillows and he's had it for a few days now...he suffers like me with blocked nose on a night time so thinking i may just leave it?? but being a worry head about it now Laughing
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

introducing a pillow _
PostSubject: Re: introducing a pillow   introducing a pillow EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:23 am

Callum is still tummy sleeper so he doesnt have a pillow although he ahs a pillow under the top of his mattress to make it rise as it helps when he has colds. Quilt hes had since 12months but hes the same as Caitlin moves around alot xx
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

introducing a pillow _
PostSubject: Re: introducing a pillow   introducing a pillow EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:26 am

I gave Noah one about 5 months wen he went in his own room.

Char
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

introducing a pillow _
PostSubject: Re: introducing a pillow   introducing a pillow EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:33 am

Forgot to mention - both mine started with their pillow underneath the fitted cot sheet as I worried they would pull it over their head. Hannah's is still under the sheet but Thomas has a proper pillow and duvet set now. Hannah is getting new bedding for her birthday so I will probably let her have a pillow on top soon too.

xx
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

introducing a pillow _
PostSubject: Re: introducing a pillow   introducing a pillow EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:06 am

Oooh this is very well timed as I gave Imogen her pillow YESTERDAY!! Tried it out with a nap first, seemed to go OK so put her down to bed on it last night. I woke up in a total tizz this morning thinking she'd slept too well, must have suffoctated - everything was fine!

I'd been thinking about it for a while because she always tucks a cuddly under her head when lying on her side so I wondered if her neck wasn't comfy.

ANti-allergen, cot-bed sized pillow, not too fluffy, £5 from Asda plus £4 for 2x terry pillow cases. Was v. tempted by the Peppa Pig bed set but as she's still using sleeping bags and we've not had proper use of the quilt that goes with the bumper and lightshade I thought I'd hold off for a while. Maybe when it's duvet weather (and if she ever stays still in bed).
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

introducing a pillow _
PostSubject: Re: introducing a pillow   introducing a pillow EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:15 am

I trialled one out tonight but when i went to check on her she'd moved with her head at the bottom of the cot, i will need to get some new grobags soon too but i'm wondering whether to try a quilt instead.
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

introducing a pillow _
PostSubject: Re: introducing a pillow   introducing a pillow EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:25 am

I figure Imogen will grow out of grobags conveniently during summer so if she goes to a quilt and keeps losing it she won't freeze - it gives her time to get used to it before winter when it matters. If it take a while I figure a big blanket under it but well tucked in should help but won't be too warm as the kids quilts are only 4tog anyay x
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

introducing a pillow _
PostSubject: Re: introducing a pillow   introducing a pillow EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:49 pm

We tried Tyler with a pillow for the first time last night but he jsut chucked it to the end of the cot and didn't use it so... might persist and carry on trying but dunno! i'd ilke him to get used to it before he goes in a big boy bed though
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

introducing a pillow _
PostSubject: Re: introducing a pillow   introducing a pillow EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:38 pm

H doesn't have one yet. I was looking at the gro bag bedding sets. The duvet zips to the sheet and the pillow goes in the sheet. Has anybody tries these. It says from age 2 1/2 x
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

introducing a pillow _
PostSubject: Re: introducing a pillow   introducing a pillow EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:10 am

i think i we did it for paige when she was about one. i worked out that she liked the pillows in our bed when she used to fall alseep in our bed so i thoiught why not?
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

introducing a pillow _
PostSubject: Re: introducing a pillow   introducing a pillow EmptyTue May 31, 2011 8:35 pm

Aimee didnt get one until she went into her big bed at about 18/19 months.

Not because I didnt want her to have one, but because she didnt want one really. She wouldnt use it.
x
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

introducing a pillow _
PostSubject: Re: introducing a pillow   introducing a pillow EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:38 pm

I was about the post the same question! I think alfie is pretty satisfied sleeping without a pillow atm and i think i'm gonna need to buy some new sleeping bags too cos his feet are now touching the bottom even tho it's 18-24months! I'm dreading using a duvet as he's never used one. He hates anything covering his legs-when he comes into bed with us he goes in between mine and gav's pillows and the duvet gets pulled down as he just kicks it off! During the day when he's tired tho he's started pulling the cushions off the settee and lying with is head on them on the floor so might try the pillows out for nap time?x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

introducing a pillow _
PostSubject: Re: introducing a pillow   introducing a pillow Empty

Back to top Go down

introducing a pillow

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
introducing a pillow Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
introducing a pillow Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
introducing a pillow Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
introducing a pillow Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
introducing a pillow Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
introducing a pillow Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
introducing a pillow Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
introducing a pillow Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
introducing a pillow Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
introducing a pillow Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
introducing a pillow Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
introducing a pillow Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
introducing a pillow Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
introducing a pillow Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
introducing a pillow Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words