Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Cups and bottles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Mario

Edit MY profile

Cups and bottles _
PostSubject: Cups and bottles   Cups and bottles EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:12 am

We put c's water/juice in sippy cups from 4m or so onwards so shes always drunk from these. But her milks always been in a bottle andlast time we tried to switch her to cups we gave up after 4 days. But today she asked for milk midday (unusual in itselfim not sure whats going on atm!) and when i said she could only have it in a cup she said yes and drank the whole cupful out of her buzz cup with a lid and straw. So at bedtime i offered her the same instead of a bottle and again she rank a cup of milk through the straw. I dont know if its just cos ive finally found a cup she loves. But it means we are going down to 1 bottle a day now just in the morning and milk in a buzz cup at night. When icome to do her morning bottle im not sure what to do cos she lies in bed and drinks it. Do you thinki should leave her a while to allow the concept of milk in a cup to become normal then see if she will accept a leak free cup in the mornings. I suspect she will want her morning milk for a long while yet so i need something secure to have it in.

As for cups of juice she has sports bottles during the day or ones with rubber spouts but we have just started her with a normal cup at the table. Im guessing its gonna be a while yet before shes ready to switch to a normal cup away from the table as shes a bit absent minded with her drinks and often has to be reminded to put her cup on the table if shes playing or she leaves it on sofa etc. Do you think continuing with a sports bottle is ok, it wouldnt damage her teeth would it?
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Cups and bottles _
PostSubject: Re: Cups and bottles   Cups and bottles EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:18 am

Thomas still has a bottle morning and night and try as I might to get him to switch to cups he's having none of it. He also lies down to have his milk with his blanky on the floor and it's become a little ritual so I don't have much advice tbh.

Thomas can drink perfectly from a cup/mug/glass etc at the table but I can't allow him to have them freely in the house with crazy baby (aka Hannah Rolling Eyes ) around as she just loves to pour it over herself. My two both have sports bottle types with their names on and will probably continue to have until Hannah can be trusted with a proper cup herself. I can't see them doing any harm to their teeth tbh - its just like drinking through a straw.

xx
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Cups and bottles _
PostSubject: Re: Cups and bottles   Cups and bottles EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:13 am

we was lucky with paige for her changing her milk to a cup we brought a tommeetippee cup witht he lids which are rubber like teats.. n she took well from them. sheonly had a morning cup of milk other wise she wil happy to drink milk from a plastic glass.

i dont see the hamr in keeping using the sports types of bottles for that. thik when your out you prob take them out with you?
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Cups and bottles _
PostSubject: Re: Cups and bottles   Cups and bottles EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:35 am

Thats great x
Im still trying to get milk in a cup with callum but its hard he cant suck through a straw because of his tongue tie. Hes got a beaker with the lid which he drinks water n juice frm with no probs x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Cups and bottles _
PostSubject: Re: Cups and bottles   Cups and bottles EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:38 am

Wil has various cups and sports bottles. He tends to drink milk out of a lidded sip from the rim cup because it is less likely to get spilled and holds 3/4 pint so enough to keep him quiet for a little while.

He tends to use fruit shoot bottles or adult sports bottles if we are out and about because they are easy to take out with us. He occasionally has them in the house too because he can leave them lying around without too much risk of the dogs taking them out with a tail swipe.

He has open cups at the table for dinner if he is in a sensible mood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Cups and bottles _
PostSubject: Re: Cups and bottles   Cups and bottles Empty

Back to top Go down

Cups and bottles

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Cups and bottles Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Cups and bottles Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Cups and bottles Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Cups and bottles Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Cups and bottles Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Cups and bottles Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Cups and bottles Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Cups and bottles Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Cups and bottles Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Cups and bottles Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Cups and bottles Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Cups and bottles Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Cups and bottles Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Cups and bottles Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Cups and bottles Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words