Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Breakfast time

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Breakfast time   Breakfast time EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:11 pm

Just wondering what your breakfast routine was. Cerys has 9oz milk when she gets up and then about and hour and a half later she breakfast, toast/cheerios etc in her chair at the table.

The last week or so, she is not eating much of her breakfast and will even play up when she's put in her chair. I put it down to teething, as she sometimes goes off her food then. But, this is getting more regular.

What do you do in the morning, just looking for other ideas. In what order and where do your LO's have their breakfast???

Thankies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Claire

Claire

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast time   Breakfast time EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:17 pm

Since lilly was one she has always had weetabix and juice then maybe toast
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast time   Breakfast time EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:19 pm

We get up, brush teeth, change bum and have a cup of milk. Then about half hour later i do her brekkie and make myself a cuppa and feed the dog...
I cant keep up with what cereal she does and doesnt like atm though she seems to change her mind daily...one day eat all of it then next day throw it Rolling Eyes Ive been buying the variety packs to see what new ones she will try...but when i buy the big box she says she doesnt like it Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast time   Breakfast time EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:22 pm

Im an appalling mother! Laughing

Caitlin doesnt take any milk anymore as I stupidly listened to my mother and took the bottle away a few months ago. Result Caitlin wont take milk in a cup and now hates her formula so wont go back to it (the comfort of bottle has been broken and her formula for allergy is pretty rank to be fair).

So we get up, have cuddle and say good morning in her room and then go straight to kitchen where I make toast and chopped fruit. (Today was banana & grapes). I then take plate into living room, set it on floor and switch TV on. She usually watches Dora or Show me Show Me while she eats it. I use this time to stick washer on, or have a quick shower.

After breakfast she gets nappy changed and dressed for the day. Wouldnt say its a routine Id aim for but it works for us! Caitlins never taken to cereal due to the milk issues but if she did take it id do that in highchair.
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast time   Breakfast time EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:29 pm

Aimee has Shreddies and a cup of juice (she isnt a huge fan of milk, although she did have a little bit the other day). After that I give her some fruit, normally a banana or pear.

She sits in the living room and watches Peppa Pig while eating.

x
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast time   Breakfast time EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:38 pm

thanks ladies. Cerys does love fruit, so I might give fruit in the morning, didnt think of that Doh xx
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast time   Breakfast time EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:46 pm

sorry about the quick reply, Cerys was throwing her dinner on the floor Rolling Eyes

Our routine is get up, go downstairs and change her nappy. She then has her milk. Im just wondering if I should try breakfast a bit sooner after milk? After shes had her breakfast she has her juice which I top up through the day. Get dressed after breakfast.

Snoops, you're not a bad mummy, it works for you. Bollocks to the Toddler Police Laughing

Will deffo try other cereals as well. Im sick of cleaning away shreddies and cheerios No
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast time   Breakfast time EmptyTue May 31, 2011 11:02 pm

Chloe still has a cup of milk as soon as she wakes up usually upstairs in bed with us, she likes it and still asks for it so I'm happy for her to have it, then we get up and dressed and have breakfast about 45 mins later, if it's a working day she'll have Rice crispies, weetabix, shredded wheat or cornflakes or toast with either apricot jam, Marmite or peanut butter. If it's a weekend, I might do poached or scrambled egg on toast, or she loves smoked salmon in scrambled egg (expensive bloody taste!) and every now and then if we're having a cooked breakfast, she'll have one too. We always have all our meals at the dinner table, without the tv on, so she has no distractions, and I'll give her a drink with her food, but not until she's eaten a bit otherwise she'll fill herself up on water or juice then won't want to eat x
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast time   Breakfast time EmptyTue May 31, 2011 11:04 pm

yeh I always let her have her juice after food too. Im thinking the tv might be a distraction, I did used to turn it off at mealtimes but Ive slipped. Will start it again xx
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast time   Breakfast time EmptyTue May 31, 2011 11:10 pm

we do a similar thing too Leah, Tyler gets up and gets given 8oz of milk. He then normally has cereal about an hour later. He'll have either, weeto's weetabix, cheerio's or coco pops and then half an hour later I offer him some toast too he normally has half a slice.

then we wash brush teeth get ready and he goes to nursery where he has a second brekkie at 10 haha.
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast time   Breakfast time EmptyTue May 31, 2011 11:30 pm

We get up at 7 and both have bottles straight away. Then I change hannahs bum (she wont wait for her bottle and she also does most of her weeing first thing in the morning rather than at night Shocked), Thomas takes his own nappy off first thing so I don't need to worry about that any more - he uses the potty during the day).

We have breakfast at about 8 which is usually a big plate of toast/crumpets/pancakes for us all to share while watching peppa pig. When the toast has gone I give them a bowl of dry cereal each and some chopped apple and banana to pick at through the morning. They are currently on curiously cinnamon as a treat (for mummy more than them coz it's lush!!) but normally they would have shreddies/ golden nuggets/ cheerios etc.

Neither of them sit at the table for breakfast - part of me wishes they did because it can get messy at times but they don't really have breakfast as a meal - more a series of snacks throughout the morning. This seems to work best for us - if i tried to sit them down with a plate of food first thing they just wouldn't eat it.

xx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast time   Breakfast time EmptyTue May 31, 2011 11:44 pm

Izzy has cereals with milk and then usually a big banana

She doesn't have cups of milk at all now as doesn't want it
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast time   Breakfast time EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 12:05 am

Ellie has a 9oz bottle of milk in our bed then gets her bum done. Then down stairs to cbeebees and toast/crumpet and half a banana. Then get dressed.

On my work days its bottle in my bed, bum and dressed then off to nannys and grandads were she sits at the table for porridge and toast and a cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast time   Breakfast time EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 1:09 am

Amelia gets up, has her bum done and then we go downstairs. She chooses her cereal from the cupboard herself and she'll have a full toddler bowl with a little milk. We're naughty and she'll eat it in her chair in the living room once I've sorted the dishwasher etc. She has a cup of milk after her cereal and if still hungry will have a piece of toast too.

Cereals we normally have are shreddies, Cheerio's, Special K (sometimes the yogurty one) and Ready Brek.
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast time   Breakfast time EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 1:26 am

Since I stopped bf when Libby was 13 months old our routine has always been the same - get up and Libby has a cup of squash (she wouldnt drink milk), change her bum and then pretty much straight away she has her cereal at the dining table, sometimes I'll have some but usually I sit with her and we have a chat, then she gets dressed/brush teeth etc. She gets grumpy if we dont follow this routine Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast time   Breakfast time EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:45 am

I get the boys up around 7 change them, get them dressed and go downstairs. I give H a cup of milk to drink and L a bottle of milk, then they sit down and have Brel ie, L has weetabix and H has weetabix or porridge. About 9.30/10.00 we have toast shared btw me and the boys x
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast time   Breakfast time EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:50 am

Get up, brush teeth, downstairs she sits on the sofa and has cup of milk and either toast, cereal or fruit depending on what's in the cupboard. She'll drink the milk along with the breakfast so that works quite well for us.
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast time   Breakfast time EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:53 am

well I gave her toast this morning on a plate so she could sit and watch cbeebies, rather than in her chair and she didnt really touch it No Going to try different things now like fruit and yoghurt or different cereals xx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast time   Breakfast time EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 6:02 am

Have you tried not giving her anything...then sit down and eat yours?!

I know Izzy is a gannet so maybe not a good comparison, but seriously if I tried to eat before her in the morning she'd chew my foot off!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast time   Breakfast time EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 6:17 am

well I will have to pretend to eat because I cant eat in the morning, never have an appetite until lunch. Will deffo give it a go though xx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast time   Breakfast time EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 7:49 am

Wil's day starts early (anything from 5.15 onwards) and the child can eat.

Until about 2 weeks ago he would have 3/4 pint (about 14 oz) milk but he now requests orange juice instead so has fresh juice watered down by about 6am.

Between 6 and 7.30 he will usually have dry cereal (cheerios, branflakes, cookie crisps) and at least one slice of toast with butter. His toast he has cut into quarters in a plastic bag that he carries around with him. He usually tries shoving his spoon in my museli too and ends up with a few spoons of that.

We are usually downstairs by 6.15 and then go back up at 7ish to get dressed. He gets his bum done at some point between 5.30 and 6.30 depending on when he keeps still long enough for me to change it or he fills it with something vile.

He eats again at 8 at his childminder. Generally he has cereal with milk, jammy toast and juice.

He will also eat yoghurt or banana in a morning occasionally if it suits him.

At weekends he prefers to eat bacon sandwiches if OH can be bothered to make him one.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast time   Breakfast time EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:03 am

i am woken up by being stomped on as eli is usually in our bed by then. quick bf then nappy change, little play then into the highchair...
usually baby or normal cereal, a handful of soggy branflakes from my bowl or a bit of toast, sometimes yogurt and fruit depending on how elijah is feeling, he isn't really into brekkie every day.
then i wash my hair/do dishes/get washing machine on while elijah is throwing things around from the highchair - i wash his face and hands and brush his teeth then he is released...i get him dressed whenever i need to go out, i don't think he can tell the difference yet!
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast time   Breakfast time EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:00 pm

Noah will get up at 7 have 4oz's of milk, he normally has a poo straight away in the morning so will wait for that. Then nappy changed.

9:30 he will have breakfast. Sometimes if we have a busy day he will have a big break, either tomatoes, beans, scrambled egg on toast. But other days will be either a slice of toast or ready break followed by fruit in pooch (smoothie thing).

Then washed, teeth and dressed.

Char
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Breakfast time _
PostSubject: Re: Breakfast time   Breakfast time Empty

Back to top Go down

Breakfast time

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Breakfast time Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Breakfast time Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Breakfast time Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Breakfast time Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Breakfast time Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Breakfast time Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Breakfast time Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Breakfast time Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Breakfast time Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Breakfast time Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Breakfast time Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Breakfast time Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Breakfast time Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Breakfast time Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Breakfast time Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words