Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

halfords-rant ahead

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Mario

Edit MY profile

halfords-rant ahead _
PostSubject: halfords-rant ahead   halfords-rant ahead EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 7:39 am

So now im going back to work next month I went to find a car seat for my car as our 1st stage seat for awens gonna be going in neils van as its easy to move in and out when hes working

So i went on halfords and they had a britax 1st class on sale so went and got it and they advertise a proper fitting service so asked them to fit it to make sure its safe. They sent out what seemed to be a shaved chimp to fit and and he kinda wanged the seat belt round it and bogged off

Anyway got awen in but it seemed wobbly but got home and decided to have a look at it after thinking the seatbelt just needed pulling snugger. Went out to look at it this morning and it seemed really wobbly so decided to go back to halfords to get it fitted properly

when I went in the store manager tried to fob me off saying all rearwards facing seats had a bit of sideways play in them because they arent embedded in the seat but its safe because the baby is pushed back in the seat in the event of an accident. I said this wasnt a bit of play, if i jerked the seatbelt the whole seat moved sideways and i wasnt happy and wanted it looked at.

anyway they sent out the guy in charge of the car seats and he pushed and pulled and fiddled and eventually said there was no way of making the seat safe in my car rear facing because of the level of slack in the belt. He went and looked but said all 0+1 seats would be same until they forward faced. He said they could exchange it for a 1st stage seat they had in for 120.

I said i wasnt prepared to spend that on a seat for 6 months when I have a perfectly useable one at home so asked for a refund as I cant really afford to hang onto the seat til she can go forward in it right now. he did refund after a load of hassle with me having to trawl my phone to find the receipt in my email cos id ordered it online.

Of course then im left with no fecking car seat for my 5 month old baby. Luckily mum was with me so she walked into town with the buggy while I tok C and drive home to get my 1st stage seat and went back into town to collect mum. Im considering a complaint though as a)the monkey who fitted it should have told me it was unsafe b)the store manager could have fobbed me off if i hadnt been such a cantankerous git and id have been left using a car seat he said was safe without looking at it and c) what the blue hell would i have done if id been on my own with awen and not living 5 mins drive from the store. Im actually totally furious. Luckily the guy who came out to the car was a diamond and tried really hard or i think id have gone nuclear on the spot
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

halfords-rant ahead _
PostSubject: Re: halfords-rant ahead   halfords-rant ahead EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 7:40 am

Oh and we've decided its a bit of a pain butnot buying another group 0 will be tooing and froing between the van and car with the one we have and hopefully have enough to buy two group 1 seats for van and car in Jan sales
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

halfords-rant ahead _
PostSubject: Re: halfords-rant ahead   halfords-rant ahead EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 7:47 am

OMG i'd so complain hun, what a bunch of tossers,

the thought of what if, just crossed my mind and made me feel sick.

hun complain and send it to the store, and head office and you never know you might get a voucher to help with costs, but if not, i think retraining needs to be in order.

x
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!
My Name: Naomi
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

halfords-rant ahead _
PostSubject: Re: halfords-rant ahead   halfords-rant ahead EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 7:53 am

That store manager is full of shit....when I had a courtesy car (New Corsa) the seatbelts in the back were fab and were really tight around Chloes seat, there was no slack at all...he's talking out his bum.halfords-rant ahead 49729

I too would also make a complaint, maybe the monkey who fitted it should have more training...it's childrens lives he messing with.

x
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

halfords-rant ahead _
PostSubject: Re: halfords-rant ahead   halfords-rant ahead EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 7:57 am

Thats awful. I would be furious too.

As far as solutions go is it worth getting one with a base? Will that sit right with the seatbelt? I have a Graco one with base I was thinking of selling/getting rid of.
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

halfords-rant ahead _
PostSubject: Re: halfords-rant ahead   halfords-rant ahead EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:02 am

I'd complain. We went to Halfords as they made a big thing about fitting it and then they told us it was fine to have Jamie forward facing at 4 months. When we went back the guy who changed it told us they were all supposed to have training but didn't anymore and suggested we complained. I'm guessing the more people that complain the more chance there is that they might sort it out (either make sure they're all trained or just have a couple that fit it).

Glad you did kick up a fuss because there's lots of people that just would have accepted it and that could have been a disaster in an accident
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

halfords-rant ahead _
PostSubject: Re: halfords-rant ahead   halfords-rant ahead EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:03 am

The one with the base was what they suggested to me. What are you looking for for yours? We did say if need be we can just keep moving the one we have now but obv i have to remember not to drive to work with it in the car or neil drive off after he drops em at mums with it in his van
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

halfords-rant ahead _
PostSubject: Re: halfords-rant ahead   halfords-rant ahead EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:06 am

what about popping to mothercare and seeing if they have one that will fit the car and then, look online for deals on that make
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

halfords-rant ahead _
PostSubject: Re: halfords-rant ahead   halfords-rant ahead EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:11 am

Tbh I don't really want any money for it. It's about 5yrs old, as my Aunty gave it to me. It still looks decent tho, only got a small tear in fabric by the feet, fine for second car seat if you're not too worried about having a brand new posh looking one. It's never been in an accident. We used it for Imogen, but had to get a maxi cosi for this one as we changed prams.

If you wanted it I'd only expect you to pay courier. It's at the inlaws in Sussex atm.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

halfords-rant ahead _
PostSubject: Re: halfords-rant ahead   halfords-rant ahead EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:24 am

Well if you dont mind hon that would be amazing as it saves any accidents as ive had to leave during a night shift and drive home before now when we tried passing the seat back and forth and went to work with it by mistake. Ill cover courier not a problem at all. Parcel monkey are brill
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

halfords-rant ahead _
PostSubject: Re: halfords-rant ahead   halfords-rant ahead EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:26 am

and ive decided to complain, i just keep thinking what if id let em fob me off then crashed the car. Makes me feel ill. And what would i have done if mum hadnt been with me, maybe i shudda taken the other seat but i didnt think they would say its not safe
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

halfords-rant ahead _
PostSubject: Re: halfords-rant ahead   halfords-rant ahead EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:27 am

I would defo complain x They should of told you that in the 1st place x
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

halfords-rant ahead _
PostSubject: Re: halfords-rant ahead   halfords-rant ahead EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:33 am

We had two at that stage as well cause Matt kept driving to work with the car seat. (i sound like a right weirdo with 3 baby car seats now Laughing)

Are you in a big rush for it? As i think the best thing is to get in laws to bring it up to us when they come see new baby and arrange courier from here. I can imagine it would be a nightmare getting inlaws to box/weigh it. Matt might even be able to courier through work that way and it will only be £8
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

halfords-rant ahead _
PostSubject: Re: halfords-rant ahead   halfords-rant ahead EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:51 am

No hon i go back to work last week of sept and even then i could manage a while if need be seeing as we were gonna do without. Thanks so much. And no you arent a weirdo, betwen Neil, me and my parents, with the one you are sending we will have 6! Two to stay in my car, two for neils van and my parents have 2 of their own as they see the girls all the time
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

halfords-rant ahead _
PostSubject: Re: halfords-rant ahead   halfords-rant ahead EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:58 am

Thats ok hun, its not really doing anything at the inlaws and i doubt i'd get anything selling it so its good that someone will be able to use it. We should deff be able to sort it by end of September. I'll make sure to call them tomo so it's all ready.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

halfords-rant ahead _
PostSubject: Re: halfords-rant ahead   halfords-rant ahead EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 9:24 am

Thanks hon xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

halfords-rant ahead _
PostSubject: Re: halfords-rant ahead   halfords-rant ahead Empty

Back to top Go down

halfords-rant ahead

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
halfords-rant ahead Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
halfords-rant ahead Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
halfords-rant ahead Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
halfords-rant ahead Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
halfords-rant ahead Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
halfords-rant ahead Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
halfords-rant ahead Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
halfords-rant ahead Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
halfords-rant ahead Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
halfords-rant ahead Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
halfords-rant ahead Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
halfords-rant ahead Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
halfords-rant ahead Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
halfords-rant ahead Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
halfords-rant ahead Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words