Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

when it comes to clothes...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

when it comes to clothes... _
PostSubject: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 6:22 am

for your little one. do you pay a bit more for nice quality, or just go for cheaper stuff because it will probably get ruined?

im a bit torn, i know a lot of people (including my mother - yawn) would say just to get elijah clothes from primark, matalan, asda etc because they just end up stained, bobbly etc......but i can't help but want to buy him nicer (or just more expensive?! you decide) stuff....

so what do you do?
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 6:25 am

for special occassions i'll pay the bit extra for nice stuff, but in general i'll just go to primark/asda etc as no clothes seem to last more than an hour with Lewis Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 6:28 am

Everyday kind of clothes I get cheap. If its something a bit more special or something I want to last like a good winter coat I'll buy a little more expensive.

Saying that though Imogen is still in a lot of clothes from last year, cheap primark and asda things and they've lasted really well so maybe I don't need to be buying expensive
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 6:44 am

I would LOVE to buy Libby cheap clothes and I do buy her tops cheap but trousers I have to make sure they have narrow or adjustable waist otherwise they all just fall down. This unfortunately means they have to mostly come from Next but because she hardly grows they last her a long long time (she's only just growing out of her 12-18month bottoms)

With Dexter I imagine I can get his clothes from anywhere and the rate he's growing will certainly not be buying expensive items.

I have recently bought a bundle of second hand clothes for Dexter, paid £10 and got LOADS including Next, M&Co, M&S etc. xx
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 6:59 am

i've spent a silly amount since she was born , i don't like 'cheaper' shops but have bought a few secondhand things recently for playing out etc , mostly from ladies on here though so at least they're from a good home!
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 7:47 am

Bit of a mixture, though mainly cheap - oh and dear to me is Next btw!

Things like pj's, fleece sleep suits I get from Sainsburys/Primark - no one see's them, and actually Sainsburys stuff can be quite nice.

Got her a cpl of outfits for winter from next recently and I plan on getting her winter coat there too. Iv bulked out her winter wardrobe with a few things from Sainsburys and the chav that i am always buys a Gap fleecy tracksuit for the winter for her.

My mum has got her a few bits of mini boden on offer (signs up for 1st online buyer/gets codes from internet etc) and she has 5-6 leggings/long sleep top combo's atm from pumpkin patch which mum got in the Jan sales and bought big.

Im happy enough with supermarket things, but yes I think things like a nice coat & a couple of smarter outfits its nice to be able to pay a little bit more occassionally.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 7:51 am

fleecy tracksuit Shocked

haha i do think next are a bit pricier than tesco etc (although in reality they probably aren't and im p*ssed off with tesco now cos their boys clothes are total shit - different story haha)

i really want some stuff from jojomamanbebe (not immensely expensive but pricier and lovely quality) cos their winter boys stuff is lovely, but then i remember how much elijah likes to eat spaghettis and enjoys ready brek facemasks and think hmm is it worth a bit more? but THEN i think well, in a few years i won't have much choice in what he wears so i should appreciate it now.....ho hum
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 7:58 am

Ha we are moaning now about the price of clothes - wait til they turn 14 and start demanding £90 jeans and T-shirts at £30 without batting an eyelid. Oh and trainners - £100 seems normal to some people Shocked
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 8:03 am

mental isn't it, i really begrudge having to buy my own clothes as an adult full stop Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 8:16 am

Mine are George girls. Kind of a compromise I suppose, I get the odd bits from Primark if i think its gonna just get mashed up-Ive just stocked up on a load of 1 pound tshirts for C and for special occasions I treat her to some next bits or M\S but mostly I like the supermarket stuff as its quite hard wearing for a decent price. If I am gonna treat em to something branded fyi I use hebay as Ive got a thing bout my girlys having a nice leather jacket etc and the prices for those are silly
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 8:17 am

Susan,Libby&Dexter wrote:
I would LOVE to buy Libby cheap clothes and I do buy her tops cheap but trousers I have to make sure they have narrow or adjustable waist otherwise they all just fall down. This unfortunately means they have to mostly come from Next but because she hardly grows they last her a long long time (she's only just growing out of her 12-18month bottoms)

With Dexter I imagine I can get his clothes from anywhere and the rate he's growing will certainly not be buying expensive items.

I have recently bought a bundle of second hand clothes for Dexter, paid £10 and got LOADS including Next, M&Co, M&S etc. xx

I got Izzy some jeans from Primark, we have the same issue with needing adjustaers...and the primark ones had it! Cant say they all do - but worth a look!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 8:35 am

For sports style clothing too primark deffo do jogging style bottoms with drawstrings, C often wears those as have similar probs, for waist I could still have her in 12-18 with room to spare but shes in 18-24 for her legs and i roll up the waistbands.

And another thought for future Mari, if you do end up with a second its def worth scaling down as Im sure im gonna have to wang a fair few of c's current clothes so up til now they have been good enough to keep for awen but in about 18 months time I may be buying 2 sets of clothes so cant really think about branded stuff then unless its in an ebay bundle
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 8:36 am

The majority of Alyssa's clothes in 3-6 months are Tesco and H&M...I however have decided that im not spending alot on clothes whilst she's this young as with her growing so fast some things she only gets to wear 3 or 4 times and its too small! xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 8:40 am

Mari if i do treat my girls its green baby Stirrer
Back to top Go down
LesleyandBethany

About Me!
My Name: Lesley

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 8:48 am

I get most of Bethany's stuff from Next or Marks and Spencer and I do find that for alot of the day to day stuff it is not that much more than Asda. What I tend to do is stock up in the sales for the following year. I do get her things from Asda an Tesco too x
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 9:04 am

Now that he is at an age where hes not throwing up or getting orange food stuff all over him i tend to buy frm next but i still buy frm matalan,asda and primark.
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 9:21 am

I was just going to say primark have the adjustable waists in alot of their clothes cos we have the same problem with Moo..long legs but skinny waist!

I never buy expensive clothes for Moo. Tends to be asda, primark, ebay, 'handmidowns' from friends etc.
Even for party's, special occasins I can usually find smart stuff cheap.
I was aways brougt up looking smart and well kept but my mum never spent tons on clothes.. and we we're never kid that wanted the 'latest trends'
I will do my best to keep oliver looking smart but refuse to spend silly money on clothes. If he grows up wanting the latest trend then he'll be buying it himself from his own money Smile
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 6:49 pm

A bit of both for us. If I'm purposely just looking for stuff to play in the garden then Asda/Tesco. But in general, most of Ellies stuff is Next and M&S.
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 6:59 pm

I have pretty much always got clothes from Next and Pumpkin Patch. Mainly because I love how they wash and stay in shape.

I dont tend to spend a fortune on the high fashion stuff in there though, that is just for special occasions. I normally just go for the multi packs of tops and then their jeans and shorts, etc. that are actually pretty reasonably priced.

Aimee is pretty tall so this is my main reason for doing this as most of their jeans, bottoms can be turned up/down and last much longer for her. And... because we have Lily, I can get a second round of wear out of them.

x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 12:39 am

I shop mostly in Next as i just love the style tbh. Also ive just sold loads of her stuff on ebay and all the next stuff went for half or even as much as I paid for it! So works out actually cheaper!
I love Gap, H&M, Pumpkin patch too but HATE going into town to get them lol. (we have a big Next next to tesco & asda)
I do get stuff from primark, tesco and asda etc and tbh never really notice how they wash.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 1:30 am

zee youre such a tightarse Wink Laughing

Quote :
Mari if i do treat my girls its green baby when it comes to clothes... 445843
hahaha i knew you couldn't resist!!!

hmmm so a good mixture really, i love h+m for boys and some next stuff because you seriously just get total sh*t when it comes to choice for them often - joggers or jeans and a luminous t.shirt or one with a digger on it, that's yer lot!!!
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 3:49 am

whenever I get over to the UK I buy a years worth of sleepsuits and vests, t-shirts and shorts from primark, asda and tesco for Tyler, then if there's anything else he needs or the sizes don't end up being right for him I get his stuff from the only shops I can over here which are mothercare, next or debenhams.

but that's different cos I don't have any other shops I can go to lol they're all like boutique baby shops which would be ok if the stuff was nice but it's all ummmm euro fashion (read as "odd")
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 7:01 am

my kids live in asda clothes, mainley cos i have an asda in my village so i can just pop in instead of going into town ...although most of their shorts are from primarni, simply because primarni shorts are soooooo cool (lil surfer dude's), but for special ocasions or in the sales i go into next or wherever x
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 7:13 am

mostly Next and Mothercare as I know the sizings are good
Arwyn has an 18-24month t-shirt from Tesco and I struggled to get it over her head!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 7:38 am

Hmm I used to spend lots but then Jamie kept growing out of clothes after about 5 mins so gave up. I tend to buy him cheap ones now except for trousers as only mothercare ones seem to fit him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: when it comes to clothes...   when it comes to clothes... Empty

Back to top Go down

when it comes to clothes...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
when it comes to clothes... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
when it comes to clothes... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
when it comes to clothes... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
when it comes to clothes... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
when it comes to clothes... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
when it comes to clothes... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
when it comes to clothes... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
when it comes to clothes... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
when it comes to clothes... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
when it comes to clothes... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
when it comes to clothes... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
when it comes to clothes... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
when it comes to clothes... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
when it comes to clothes... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
when it comes to clothes... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words