Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

umm getting ready for winter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

umm getting ready for winter _
PostSubject: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:49 pm

howdy! I'm wondering what is actually practical for little babies in winter? We bought loads of jumpers and stuff when Elijah was born and it was so warm he didn't wear any of it, so don't really want to make the same mistake again!

We are buying a footmuff this week for his pram as it's getting a bit chilly in the wind at the moment - Eli is either in his pram, carseat or baby carrier when he goes out...so is it worth buying things like jackets? I'm not sure when he would wear them without getting really hot???

Also, adorable as padded onesies and pramsuits are, will it be cold enough for a baby to need one as well as a footmuff? Or to need one in the house? (I'm not asking for a weather prediction Laughing just in general - I'm rubbish at not putting enough on Elijah cos I'm always too hot).

Really need some realistic advice before I start ordering more stuff he will grow out of haha, he will be 6 months in november so I think anything I order I will edge more toward 6-9 months rather than 3-6, is that a decent plan????

umm getting ready for winter Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:52 pm

When I take Harry out in the cold or wind in the pushchair, he wears a vest, top, trousers, and a jacket, as well as footmuff on the pushchair. He also has a blanket. He doesn't get too hot really just nice and cosy.

Hope this helps x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Thanks! It's really helpful to know cos I live in fear of overheating Eli, but can't help thinking he isn't always as cosy as I would like to be!
Back to top Go down
marie

marie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:55 pm

Jackets are a no no for me. as every time i put adam in one, then in his pram they rise up and you cant see his face

Pramsuits, i would get 1 for when you are out and about, but just in the house stick to jumpers,

and defo get 6-9months, as i got a lot of stuff for adam in 6-9, but because he is a big boy, he is already in 9-12 months, wasted so much money x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:01 pm

Thanks, yeah Elijah is already finding some of his 3-6 months aren't quite long enough in the body especially if it's over something and he's only 15 weeks - I know what you mean about jackets, and I feel like the hoods either make his head too hot or push it forward if they are down - I suppose when he is walking or even crawling they are more practical?
Back to top Go down
marie

marie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:13 pm

Yes defo, seriously i would keep him in baby grows if i could... jeans are another thing either to big, to small, or to long in the leg x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:16 pm

We were given quite a few pairs of jeans but I haven't put them on Elijah, I feel like they are too grown up and rough on his skin (aww!), He mostly wears soft dungarees or soft trousers/vests/t-shirts, but I don't think they will be warm enough soon. He is off out with daddy with a fleece sleepsuit over his clothes today in the carrier haha
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:17 pm

we have a footmuff but only use it when winter really kicks in nov/dec time x
wheres when it starts gettin cold we used a pramsuite last year a big fluffy warm one xx

This year he will have a nice warm coat and his footmuff xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:25 pm

hmmmm I would say it's chilly today (we are in Dundee though so quite a bit further North!) the wind is the kind that just cuts through your clothes but it's ok in the sun. We got a pramsuit in last years sales that is 6-9 maybe that will be enough then with the footmuff - he does vomit loads still though so maybe one more haha
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:31 pm

yeah where i am it looks really nice and sunny but the winds so cold xx

Asda george are a great price for pramsuites or matalan for jus a cheap spare one xx
If you are worried hes still cold with the pramsuite n footmuff just take a blanket in ur bag and same if u think hes gettin warm take the footmuff off n put blanket on etc xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:41 pm

I find myself going out with 40 different combinations of blankets jumpers hats and vests in case he is hot/cold/covered in sick/drool/poo/generally uncomfy Laughing
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:45 pm

awww bless ya xx
when he's abit older it does get easier less sick and less worry etc xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:50 pm

And he will be able to say if he is too hot or cold! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laurabatch

Laurabatch

About Me!
My Name: Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:51 pm

mariheartselijah wrote:
We were given quite a few pairs of jeans but I haven't put them on Elijah, I feel like they are too grown up and rough on his skin (aww!), He mostly wears soft dungarees or soft trousers/vests/t-shirts, but I don't think they will be warm enough soon. He is off out with daddy with a fleece sleepsuit over his clothes today in the carrier haha

I got Robert some really nice soft jeans from H & M They look like maternity jeans though, they have a soft piece of material at the top of them where there would normally be a button.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:59 pm

Ooh I got some other trousers like that - really soft inside, hubby insists on rolling them up to Elijah's armpits though umm getting ready for winter Icon_neutral
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:05 am

Maybe a stupid question, but whats a pramsuit?? xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:24 am

umm it seems to be the same as a snowsuit (or some of the padded all in ones - same thing I think!) but its sort of gro-bag shaped with a slit that you can put the clicky thing between the baby's legs to fasten them in?

I was just using it as a sort of generic term for a padded warm onesie though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kinkyangel

Kinkyangel

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 3:09 am

I always got told off cause my two never wore vests! But they are always warm! Am now starting to worry about how to dress this one when he appears! But would say a all in one in fleece warm material is a good buy! Have got one for bump from Pumpkin Patch for £15 and it's proper cute with ears like a bear suit!!

Xx
Back to top Go down
Kinkyangel

Kinkyangel

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 3:25 am

Oh and going up a size always works for me cause it's a damn sight easier to get the little wrigglers into something a little bigger than a little tighter!

Xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:17 am

haha oh I have learned that too - little arms will cannot be squished anywhere they don't quite fit! I love this, I think Eli will have it soon Laughing http://www.pumpkinpatch.co.uk/flatshot/542053/col/WAVE/listing/40948/categorypath/baby/baby-boy/category/all-in-ones/
Back to top Go down
Kinkyangel

Kinkyangel

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:23 am

Like that one too! I love Pumpkin Patch and if you sign up to their email thing you can extra discounts!! This is one I have for bump!!

http://www.pumpkinpatch.co.uk/flatshot/542046/col/CHARCOAL/listing/40948/categorypath/baby/baby-boy/category/all-in-ones/

Xx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:26 am

I am planning on getting some cardigans, etc. for indoors and maybe a jacket for when we go out.

I had a pramsuit for Aimee, but didnt actually use it, so not sure about getting another one for bubs no. 2

x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:26 am

Ooooh I saw that one too, but we already have a fluffy bearsuit from last winters next sale (we were so organised! haha) the temptation always takes over the sensible doesn't it haha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:13 am

Im crap with dressing alfie warm too as im always hot - but so is alfie. he sweats all the time and the back of this head gets soaken from sweat. hes never worn a hat yet really - only in the sun. today i took him out and he had on a vest, long sleeved top, joggy bottoms, socks, and a jacket. alfies legs dont seem long enuf to go into a foot muff??!! x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:16 am

Haha well I haven't tried Eli in a footmuff cos the nearest mamas and papas is miles away, he will have to eventually fit in it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: umm getting ready for winter   umm getting ready for winter Empty

Back to top Go down

umm getting ready for winter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
umm getting ready for winter Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
umm getting ready for winter Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
umm getting ready for winter Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
umm getting ready for winter Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
umm getting ready for winter Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
umm getting ready for winter Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
umm getting ready for winter Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
umm getting ready for winter Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
umm getting ready for winter Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
umm getting ready for winter Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
umm getting ready for winter Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
umm getting ready for winter Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
umm getting ready for winter Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
umm getting ready for winter Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
umm getting ready for winter Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words