Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

ok D Day has arrived!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
helz456

Edit MY profile

ok D Day has arrived!! _
PostSubject: ok D Day has arrived!!   ok D Day has arrived!! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:12 pm

I'm gonna give the old potty training another go today! Shocked so any quick tips? I plan on putting her in skirts while we are at home at least so do i just put knickers on her and ask her to tell me when she wants a wee? I have a potty and a toilet seat so i guess i keep the potty downstairs and toilet seat up duh?! Laughing What about when i have to go out?? Helpppppppp!!!!!! eh? x
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

ok D Day has arrived!! _
PostSubject: Re: ok D Day has arrived!!   ok D Day has arrived!! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:30 pm

Good luck Helz! One tip - don't ask if she needs the potty, just take her every 30 mins to see if she'll go. That way you'll limit the accidents. We have a travel potty (not had to use it in the UK) but it's great if you get caught short and you think she'll not hold on until you get to the loo. x
Back to top Go down
helz456

Edit MY profile

ok D Day has arrived!! _
PostSubject: Re: ok D Day has arrived!!   ok D Day has arrived!! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:38 pm

what so you mean don't go on at her about it as it might put her off? I can't believe I can't remember how I did it with Mol and Em?!!! Mind you it was a long time ago lol!!!
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

ok D Day has arrived!! _
PostSubject: Re: ok D Day has arrived!!   ok D Day has arrived!! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:41 pm

i didnt put underwear on rowan at first. and i just took him and i would go (or pretend to) whislt he sat on the potty.

going out until your sure we put pull ups on him but still took him to a toilet just so he got the idea.
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!

Edit MY profile

ok D Day has arrived!! _
PostSubject: Re: ok D Day has arrived!!   ok D Day has arrived!! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:49 pm

Lol sorry I wasn't very clear. Just meant rather than saying "Meggy do you need the potty?" just say "lets go to the potty" and they you go at the same time as her. Or like Kelly said, pretend lol. Just means she's not going to just say "no" if she's too busy playing x
Back to top Go down
helz456

Edit MY profile

ok D Day has arrived!! _
PostSubject: Re: ok D Day has arrived!!   ok D Day has arrived!! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:17 pm

well she has sat on the toilet seat twice but no wee yet! She wont sit on the potty for more than 2 seconds!! I really dont think she wants to do it!!! eh?
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

ok D Day has arrived!! _
PostSubject: Re: ok D Day has arrived!!   ok D Day has arrived!! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:44 pm

helz thats normal dont panic. she will have an accident or two but dont say anything but we do wee wee's on the potty then thats it.

when she does go on the potty make a right song and dance about it. tell everyone at home what she's done phone daddy and tell him and he tells her what a big clever girl she is.

i did this with rowan and he loved the praise
Back to top Go down
helz456

Edit MY profile

ok D Day has arrived!! _
PostSubject: Re: ok D Day has arrived!!   ok D Day has arrived!! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:54 pm

atm she is standing here jigging!! She obviously doesn't want to do it! Oh dear I dont remember all this with the other girls but I guess it must have been the same??!! Thanks for your advice girls xx
Back to top Go down
helz456

Edit MY profile

ok D Day has arrived!! _
PostSubject: Re: ok D Day has arrived!!   ok D Day has arrived!! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 9:20 pm

ok update:

she wet herself as I expected but I managed to catch the last few drips in the potty and showed her how clever she was, she was very stressed by it but I took her upstairs and we emptied the potty and washed hands etc shes not a happy bunny but I am determined to do it!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
helz456

Edit MY profile

ok D Day has arrived!! _
PostSubject: Re: ok D Day has arrived!!   ok D Day has arrived!! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:14 am

I'm probably boring you all by now but she is actually hating it!!! I have got her to sit on the potty for a while while watching Ben and Holly but she did nothing! Shes holding it in by the looks of it. I have also sat her on the toilet seat a couple of times but no joy there either. Anyway shes so stressed about it crying etc I was going to put her down for a nap and she seemed like she couldnt wait to get the nappy back on. Awww I feel sorry for her do I keep going???? Feel so mean Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

ok D Day has arrived!! _
PostSubject: Re: ok D Day has arrived!!   ok D Day has arrived!! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:46 am

i font know much about potty training but its obviously distressing you and her - i would stop now and go back to it in a month or two Smile
Back to top Go down
helz456

Edit MY profile

ok D Day has arrived!! _
PostSubject: Re: ok D Day has arrived!!   ok D Day has arrived!! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:50 am

thats what i feel like doing but the HV said give it a few days and see what shes like by the end of that? Oh dear its awful I hate seeing her upset and dont want her to hate it so maybe I should give up and try again?? Help!! eh?
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

ok D Day has arrived!! _
PostSubject: Re: ok D Day has arrived!!   ok D Day has arrived!! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:53 am

deffinately give up for another couple of months - her being upset will make it twice as hard and take twice as long to get anywhere

xx
Back to top Go down
helz456

Edit MY profile

ok D Day has arrived!! _
PostSubject: Re: ok D Day has arrived!!   ok D Day has arrived!! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:57 am

I know its prob the right thing to do, its just I keep thinking in 3 months time she will be 3 Shocked I know they are all different and she was prem but I was hoping she might be ready by now! Oh well never mind eh?
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

ok D Day has arrived!! _
PostSubject: Re: ok D Day has arrived!!   ok D Day has arrived!! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:03 am

helz if she's not ready she's not ready no matter her age.

the last thing you want is her to become scared of using a potty.

but she does sound like she is physically as she is holding on to it. maybe next time she does the jig take the potty to the toilet sit her on in and you use the toilet too. she may then go if you are. once she does that first go it will click that she can go on there
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

ok D Day has arrived!! _
PostSubject: Re: ok D Day has arrived!!   ok D Day has arrived!! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:48 am

I agree that she doesn't sound ready, and I don't think its unusual, I know it must be frustrating but I just waited til izzy was ready and she kinda just learnt it herself, I never really had to 'spend a week' or anything doing it, so when they really are ready they just kinda do it...in my experience.

I certainly wouldn't want to carry on if she is getting upset about it
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

ok D Day has arrived!! _
PostSubject: Re: ok D Day has arrived!!   ok D Day has arrived!! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 7:35 am

If she is upset then i'd leave it for a week and try again. With Lily she had a couple of accidents and i persevered and got on ok but if she'd been upset i deffo would have left it for a while. we also relied quite heavily on bribery, We talked a lot about going on the potty and being a big girl like (insert name of older child that they like!) and went to the shops for a special trip to buy big girl pants which she chose herself. We also got a reward chart and some stickers and everytime there was a small success we did full on whooping, phoning grandmas plus stickers and choc buttons!xx
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

ok D Day has arrived!! _
PostSubject: Re: ok D Day has arrived!!   ok D Day has arrived!! EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:54 am

I agree if she's upset then stop and try again in a few weeks. It took 3 attempts with Chloe and the 3rd time, she was clearly ready, and it was so easy. Take the pressure off both of you and wait until she's ready xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
helz456

Edit MY profile

ok D Day has arrived!! _
PostSubject: Re: ok D Day has arrived!!   ok D Day has arrived!! EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 6:52 pm

thanks girls at the mo when she sees pants she cries Crying or Very sad think I have put her off!!! x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

ok D Day has arrived!! _
PostSubject: Re: ok D Day has arrived!!   ok D Day has arrived!! Empty

Back to top Go down

ok D Day has arrived!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk :: Potty Training-
Latest topics
» Spotting
ok D Day has arrived!! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
ok D Day has arrived!! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
ok D Day has arrived!! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
ok D Day has arrived!! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
ok D Day has arrived!! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
ok D Day has arrived!! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
ok D Day has arrived!! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
ok D Day has arrived!! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
ok D Day has arrived!! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
ok D Day has arrived!! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
ok D Day has arrived!! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
ok D Day has arrived!! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
ok D Day has arrived!! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
ok D Day has arrived!! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
ok D Day has arrived!! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words