Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Those who have had 2 in nappies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Those who have had 2 in nappies _
PostSubject: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:32 am

How the heck do you cope with fortnightly bin collections???

We kind of hoping that are bin ended up over flowing 5 days before collection due to xmas and the fact it was collected 2 days earlier last time due to the holidays. But thinking about it I really think its the extra nappies that are doing it. We prob get through an ave of 10-12 nappies a day between the 2 of them, in a fortnight thats easily 150 nappies Shocked I think 1/2 -2/3 of our bin is filled with them.

We recycle as much as we can eg plastic btls, milk cartons, cardboard, loo rolls etc and our recycling bin is full most fortnights too.

How does everyone else cope? We've had to take a couple of bags up to our mums this week. I cant wait until madam decides that using a potty isnt a form of child torture!!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:36 am

we have to double bin bag them and keep them in the corner of our yard, i hate that we have to use so many nappies, unfortunately unless lewis gets potty trained in the next 3months it's just going to get worse...eek!
Back to top Go down
Natkat

Natkat

About Me!
My Name: Kat

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:44 am

Luckily we have a weekly collection, we also have a shed, so if we get overrun with dirty nappies we double-bin bag them and fling them into the shed. I say we, I mean my oh. He has no sense of smell Laughing When we lived in a tiny apartment we out them out in a bin on the balcony.. hmm. You could start throwing them up on the roof? Then on rubbish day kind of poke them off and hope the resulting nappy avalanche lands in the rubbish truck?
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:45 am

Maybe use washable nappies?
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:46 am

Do you then take a bag to the dump every week? I wish we had a seperate mini bin for nappies.

Read a leaflet at housing office this week on 'how to put your bin on a diet' Rolling Eyes and they suggested using a nappy laundry service and not using disposables. Pretty sure that would be expensive but. Not even sure if such a service exists in my area. As for using my own washable nappies & liners I really dont think I could cope with the washing. I feel atm all I do is wash, hang, fold and put away! How can tiny people create so much washing???

And OMG yeah, I cant imagine having 3 in nappies!!! Wonder if you could get a 2nd bin?
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:10 am

worth considering the reusables, honestly, we only did 2 washes a week of them and they dry VERY quickly - you can 'build' them while you feed/hold a sleeping child and it's really no bother - no more than stumbling around sh*t sodden disposables anyway Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:26 am

Our council are pathetic with green (household) bins and its strictly one per house, but its worth checking with your council

One time I missed to put it out so my mum brought me my old bin from the cottage...so I put 2 bins out the next time and the binmen just left one there still full, so I complained and was told under no circumstances will they empty 2 bins! I explained that there was no more rubbish as it wasnt emptied the time before but they didnt care! Stupid rules!

The other stupid thing is also that they have now stopped taking cardboard in the brown (recycling) bin - so now all it can take is twigs and grass etc...of course in the winter there is virtually non
So my green bin is even fuller cos of all the card that now wont get recyled unless we take it to the skip!
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:33 am

yeah i am tired of the council arseyness, we have a fortnightly blue bin: carboard, yogurt cartons, milk cartons etc etc (but NOT glass ,god help you!), then fortnightly green bin (general waste) then monthly in the winter but fortnightly in the summer brown bin (garden and food waste)......seriously who the f*ck has time for working out when whats due to go out???????????

that aside, when i get my bumgeniuses back you can borrow some snoops Laughing
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:44 am

The council gave me a bigger wheelie bin as the normal ones are tiny, our council do three different sizes and if you have kids they just swap you for a bigger one. Might be worth a look? I did it all online x
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:44 am

gosh thats odd!

Ours is dead simple
week 1 green bin (household) plus boxes of recycling (paper, glass, tins and plastics in the boxes they provide)
week 2 brown bin garden waste
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:10 am

I'l check Mandy thanks but pretty sure there only on size... well actually I have saw smaller ones but always assumed they were for single households or something/ a 2nd bin for huge famillies.

Our blue bin is general household waste and then we have a Brown (garden rubbish and food scraps) and Green (recycling but like Mari says not glass and actually loads of other stuff is listed as not being able to recycle that you would assume you could).
Blue is collected one week and then brown&green the next. I am guilty of putting food scraps in the general waste bin though so maybe we could work on that... dont think much of our waste is food scraps mind.

I'l look into washable nappies but always seemed like they were such a faff and not as good at holding big wee's. Think I remember Mario saying she didnt get long out of them when she was out and about with C? We have about 600 size 2 nappies stocked up for Joshua so will be a while yet before Id need to decide. Actually chubby here will prob outgrow them before we run out.
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:15 am

do you all get plastics recycling ?

week 1 green bin and 2 recycling boxes , 1 paper 1 glass
week 2 brown bin , garden waste and our food waste container is to be emptied into it

plastics all go in the green bin
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:27 am

Just checked our rules

We CANNOT recycle:

Glass btls and jars
Polystyrene
Shredded paper
Plastic bags, trays & cartons, yoghurt pots
Wallpaper/wrapping paper
Waxed drinks cartons eg tetra pack/juice cartons
Envelopes
Takeaway pizza boxes, aluminium foil & takeaway dishes

We CAN recycle

Aerosols (didnt know that!)
Cardboard
Plastic btls including shampoo & drinks - no caps
Greeting cards
Food and drink cans
Newspapers/magazines
Books
kitchen & toilet roll tubes
Biscuit/sweet tins
Cereal & frozen food boxes

Suppose another thing we should do his flatten things as best we can to make more room. I honestly dont know how ppl cope with 3 in nappies or who have 3-4 teens in house and produce loads of household waste
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:32 am

Our council only started to take plastics (pop/ milk bottles etc) in the last 12 months .. and stopped taking cardboard to recycle 2 months ago

Yours is very fussy Snoops! Our paper box is just paper lol - they would seem to care if there was an envelope in there!
Back to top Go down
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!
My Name: Lita

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:33 am

We have :-
Black bin for household waste
Green bin for garden waste
Blue box for paper
Red box for tins and glass
Orange bag for plastics
and...
Blue bag for cardboard Laughing
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:15 pm

We dont even get wheely beens we get green boxes were lucky to have a weekly collection.

Char
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:09 pm

Coming from council with weekly collections to now fortnightly is driving us potty. We have Lucas nappies and the cat litter. We got all the cardboard and paper from Xmas in garage ready or tip when we to a spare hour or 2.

In our old council they had black bin, green garden bin, green box for recyclables and a green lockable bin which we put food waste in bags and then in that bin. That worked.

I need to phone council and see what we should have here
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:30 pm

It's never really bothered me. Mine only have one nappy all day and one at night so don't produce a lot I guess. If our bin really does start overloading, which is fairly rare, Matt will take a couple of bags to the dump on the way to work.
Back to top Go down
mrsmb

mrsmb

About Me!
My Name: Kim

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:15 am

We're lucky in that our council collects recycling and household waste weekly. Thomas only poos once a week too so doesn't really contribute to the dirty nappy pile Laughing xx
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:43 am

You can't recycle glass?! Yikes. Wash yours out, bag it up, take to bottle banks when you go shopping?
Any take away stuff or stinky things like a chicken carcass gets bagged up and put in an obliging public bin (note:take stickers off boxes that have your name / address on Wink )
Nappies are bundled up small as possible, double nappy bagged, put in a push-top bin in separate room. Emptied twice a week usually, it hums!
We're usually fit to bursting but apparently we are due to have weekly collections reinstated, in line with the rest of the blooming council area (ten mins up the road has weekly collections, despite being in the same borough. Merged a year or two ago but our area still lags behind in a lot of respects!)
We (hubby Very Happy ) do the occasional trip to the tip with packaging or similar.
hope alls good with you Smile xx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:02 am

Shell wrote:
It's never really bothered me. Mine only have one nappy all day and one at night so don't produce a lot I guess. If our bin really does start overloading, which is fairly rare, Matt will take a couple of bags to the dump on the way to work.

How do you manage with one nappy a day??
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:31 am

When my two were We're in nappies wasn't that bad was only the first few months was the worst. But we have weekly bins. (you lot confusing me with all the bins lol) black normal as much as you want, orange cardbOrd,paper etc then little grey tubs good waste. They go weekly.

But after a few months hollies nappies slowed down, wasn't that bad and now I only have her in nappies now. Xx
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:53 am

We are looking into a bigger bin. we would.not fill it.completely but we struggle with th size we have.

We have a dark green bin for rubbish that's done every two weeks
n pale green one for recycle n that's every two weeks too
and a small really dark green one for food waste.only
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:47 am

Wow some of your councils are FUSSY! We have 2 orange boxes-cardboard, paper, tins, glass etc. We have white bags for plastic of all kind except black plastic. We have a composter for food and the wheely bin and in a fortnight we often dont fill the wheely bin. We also have green bags for garden waste. I could probs cut ours down even more if i werent lazy about wanging the food scraps .

Oh and we often take stuff like batteries to the big bins at tesco-worth doing if you are doing a shop and wanna get rid of glass etc would save loads of room in your bin. Keep it all seperate and when you go shopping stuff it in the car and take with. toddlers think its fun too
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:57 am

We have weekly collections and fortnightly for the blue (recycling)bin. Our bin men are great though, I often put and extra bin bag or two out and they always take it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Those who have had 2 in nappies   Those who have had 2 in nappies Empty

Back to top Go down

Those who have had 2 in nappies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Those who have had 2 in nappies Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Those who have had 2 in nappies Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Those who have had 2 in nappies Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Those who have had 2 in nappies Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Those who have had 2 in nappies Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Those who have had 2 in nappies Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Those who have had 2 in nappies Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Those who have had 2 in nappies Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Those who have had 2 in nappies Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Those who have had 2 in nappies Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Those who have had 2 in nappies Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Those who have had 2 in nappies Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Those who have had 2 in nappies Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Those who have had 2 in nappies Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Those who have had 2 in nappies Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words