Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

So Confused & Freaking Out

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

So Confused & Freaking Out _
PostSubject: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:24 am

I dont even know where to start. I have so much stuff flying around in my head that I am hoping that writing it down and getting some input from you ladies will help.

Basically, I dont know if im doing the right thing about the c section. The hospital have put doubt in my mind. I will try to bullet point the issues in my head so that its easy to follow, lol!

• The hospital keep talking about me giving birth breech, even though its supposed to be 'safer' to have a section.
  • Recovery time for breech is less.
  • There is the chance that I will end up having an emergency section anyway if I tried to deliver breech.
  • Midwives are not allowed to assist me if I attempt it and I will be 100% pushing on my own with no help from anybody (something about the baby gasping for air (while still inside) if they try to touch her/help her out).
  • Risks of bones breaking on the baby if I opt for breech.

I was so sure that a c section was the way to go but these doubts keep creeping up on me and I really dont know what to do.

I have spent the day screaming and James for no reason and I know its because I cant get my thoughts in order. My pre op appt is tomorrow morning and I just want to get myself straight before then.

If you were in my position... what would you choose?

x
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:39 am

Personally I would go for a breech delivery with an epidural, however that's because I didn't have a very good section last time, and had complications, whereas you probably will be fine.

I would have a frank talk with them tomorrow and see what they say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
mrsmb

mrsmb

About Me!
My Name: Kim
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:01 am

I had the dilemma this time about whether to have a section or natural birth, obviously Thomas wasn't breech at the time but I can sort of understand what you're going through. In the end Thomas made the decision for me by turning transverse but I would still say that it's not impossible that she'll turn the right way again because the morning of my section Thomas was head down but when I went into theatre he was breech again!
It's a very personal decision and it's so hard to know what's right. I personally would opt for the breech birth over the section but that's because I've had really bad experiences with sections and very difficult recoveries. When I discussed it on here though there were plenty of people who had great experiences with sections!
I think you need to have a really good discussion with them about all the risks both ways tomorrow and do whatever you feel comfortable with. Don't let anyone push you in to doing something if it's not what you want. If you feel it will be safer going with a section then do that. It sounds like other people have been trying to influence you as you seemed quite settled on the section and happy with that decision. At the end of the day it's you that has got to do it not them! xx
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:04 am

Hmm did they say what breech position the baby is in because I know some positions are supposed to be easier than others.

It is a tough one. I do know they say that its easier to have a breech birth once you've had a natural birth. In fact I don't think they really give you the option to try otherwise. After having a c-section I would probably do anything to avoid it but I've also never had a natural birth so I don't know if I'd feel the same then.

There is also the issue of the emergency c-section. My friend tried to have a natural birth despite the fact that she hadn't been able to with her first and the baby got stuck (she has a bone in a weird place) and it make the c-section more complicated because she'd got to the pushing stage and they'd tried to get the baby out with forceps and ventouse.

Hmm I think I'd probably go with the c-section after thinking about all that. Hope you manage to work out what you want
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:18 am

100% section, Ive had 2 great sections, and wouldnt take the risk that no-one 'is able to help' if you need it.....'fluff that'!!!

Its not a nice decision hun after 2 normal births, but on this occasion i think i know what i'd do xxx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:26 am

I think I'd be tempted to give a breech delivery ago, only because the recovery time is quicker and you have the girls to look after.

But it does all sound a bit traumatic and worrying.

I would like to put your mind at rest about c section though, I've 3 c sections, the first was a proper emergency were I was put to sleep and missed the birth. But the second two were absolutely wonderful and I actually enjoyed them lol. Everyone was really chilled and chatted to me throughout explaining what was happening (oh was even invited to view the actual birth and take photos [but he chose not to]). The recovery was as expected but I was up and about 24 hours after Smile and by the time she was 7 days old I really active (walked 3 miles to a nice pub for lunch for her 7 day anniversary) Smile
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:26 am

Iv not had a section but I think I'd op for a section. I'd be too scared to try breech biRth.
Aw hun sure all will go ok either way. Xxx
Back to top Go down
Mrs Cruise & Dee

Mrs Cruise & Dee

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:28 am

never realised that they cant assist you !

on the points you have made i can 100 % say i would go for a section and thats something i am utterly terrified of so would take alot for me to happily have one

i think the controlled setting of a planned section will be less traumatic than the unknowing of a breech birth

xxxxx
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:28 am

Id go for the section. It seems like theres quite alot of risk factors and in my opinion quite likely youd end up having an emergency section anyway. So if it was me I'd prefer to do it planned and calmly ather than risk it all going wrong and being a rush to get you into theatre.

I had a great experience with my section and apart from the first 3 days the uncomfortableness wanst that different to giving birth naturally.
Back to top Go down
mrsmb

mrsmb

About Me!
My Name: Kim

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:30 am

http://www.babiesandall.com/t14197-ladies-who-have-had-c-sections
This is the topic I posted where people reassured me about c sections if it helps xx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:32 am

Hehe

This is me and Ellie just after she was born and mid section, this was an emergency at 6.30 in the morning and stll very enjoyable Smile

So Confused & Freaking Out 4083378666_6b57405a6e
DSC00575 by freyap, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:41 am

my mum had my big brother breech - she didn't know he was breech until the time came and by then it was too late (small cottage hospital in the 70s), they were both completely fine as hundreds of thousands of other people have been.

having said that, and having heard my mothers experience first hand, i would opt for the section though. the risks are too high in my own, personal, opinion. who knows if i would feel the same way though if i were really in the situation, its really hard to say x
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:43 am

This is getting even harder, lol!

Ok, if they could guarantee me a breech birth that came with an epidural then I would possibly consider it. But... (BIG BUT) they wouldnt let me have one with Aimee as I dilated from 3cm to 10cm in 1 hour and 40 mins and they couldnt get it done in time (apparently). That is a major panic for me, as I couldnt imagine giving birth to a breech baby with no epidural/decent pain relief! I ended up tearing so badly with Aimee that I couldnt sit down properly for 2 weeks (not that it was helped by being in PICU with her, but I think I would still have been in similar pain at home).

I got the epidural with Lily, but that was only because she was back to back and got stuck at 8cm for a while, or else I probably would have missed the chance of having one then too.

Im going to have a good talk with them tomorrow and see what they say. I couldnt go into the breech option without it being in a controlled environment as I know I would have a meltdown in labour and would be scared to death.

ARGH... why are my kids so difficult!!!?? x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:51 am

Id have the section if it were me. Ive had an emergency cs and a semi emergency cs. The semi emergency was meant to be an elective but they had to do it 8 days early but rather than the whole panicky rush to theatre of the first one i was left overnight n put on a list for followin morning. So as close to elective as poss. And it was a much better experience. I felt more in control, i wasnt as ill, i recoverd quicker and my spirits were much better for it. Id not take the risk if it were me personally but im sure you will be ok whichever you choose honey xxx
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:26 am

Id go for the section.

I had an awful time with my section but like you said it might also end up a section for you too and an emergency section for me was just awful if it was planned id have time to get my head round it.

you have family to help dont you? so yes recovery is slower but your not on your own chick.

the fact that they cant help just makes my answer a definate section.

you will be absolutely fine hun. id be freaking too I dont blame you

xxx
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:34 am

I'd go for the section. I've had 2 and found them fine and recovery was great. My friend had a breach delivery and really messed up her floof and bowels, but they didn't know baby was breach till last minute so had no option
Back to top Go down
Kinkyangel

Kinkyangel

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:18 pm

Ive had 2 sections, one elective at 38 cause he was extended breech and the other at 37 cause he was breech plus pre eclampsia and I would recommend a section every time! My only natural birth was the worst experience!

If you have an elective section you know you'll be awake, if you try for natural and she gets stuck your more likely to have a general ans be out for the count!
As long as you get up and moving asap then its not too bad, just remember if you sneeze, laugh or cough to hold your scar!

Xxx
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:57 pm

I don't know hun I'd hate to be in your position. I'd hate ac section tbh and would probably try a natural birth. If they think it's possible then that is whar I'd do. She may well turn during labour anyway.
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!
My Name: Naomi

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 8:25 pm

That's a tough one, on the one hand I would have a section as at least you know it will be controlled and calm and on the other I would give natural birth (still gutted I couldn't do it) a go as the little lady may well turn during labour.

x
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:15 pm

Laura wrote:
Ok, if they could guarantee me a breech birth that came with an epidural then I would possibly consider it.

Amm i right in thinking that they are sort of trying to push you towards natural birth? Tell them you will consider it if they induce you and therefore have an epidural ready straight away... then it's controlled you know you'll get your epidural and you can give it a go?
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:45 am

I went for the pre op this morning and the option of the breech birth never even came up again.

The midwife was wonderful and said that she used to work alongside the surgeons doing the c sections and its the best option all around. She also said the same as all of the others and that there is no way this baby is turning as she has always been breech and it just wont happen now (although you still never know).

So, im all booked in for Thursday. I will get James to do a fb post and tag me in it if I am not up to doing one myself, so you all know that she is here safe and sound x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:53 am

It must be such a relief to have a def plan. So pleased thats a weight off your mind hun.

Just think in 3 days you will be a mum of 3 - you total nutter!!! Laughing

Incase im not on much over next few days good luck hun! Im sure you will have a fab experience and you will have a gorgeous newborn for us to all coo over the pics - please dont make me broody!!! I think my pg hormones are leaving me comepletly now and leaving me with insane daydreams of a 3rd lol. NEVER again!!!

xxx
Back to top Go down
Jayne,Riley&Lana

Jayne,Riley&Lana

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:25 am

aww gud luk for thursday xx
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 7:03 am

Bet you're happier now you know what's happening. Good luck for Thursday
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 7:34 am

Good luck Hun, Knowing when must help, but I'd be worried too xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: So Confused & Freaking Out   So Confused & Freaking Out Empty

Back to top Go down

So Confused & Freaking Out

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
So Confused & Freaking Out Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
So Confused & Freaking Out Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
So Confused & Freaking Out Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
So Confused & Freaking Out Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
So Confused & Freaking Out Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
So Confused & Freaking Out Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
So Confused & Freaking Out Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
So Confused & Freaking Out Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
So Confused & Freaking Out Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
So Confused & Freaking Out Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
So Confused & Freaking Out Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
So Confused & Freaking Out Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
So Confused & Freaking Out Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
So Confused & Freaking Out Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
So Confused & Freaking Out Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words