Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Which is more daft?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

Which is more daft? _
PostSubject: Which is more daft?   Which is more daft? EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:03 am

I know I have aaages to go yet but still....

Is it more daft to
- keep paying nursery and continue to send Imogen full time while I'm on mat leave, even though this will consume most of what I get in mat pay / SMP (we could manage but it wouldn't be fun and it does seem wasteful)

or

- take Imogen out of nursery and have her at home with me while Dom works full time, so I'll be knackered and frustrated and grumpy with her a lot?

or should I find a happy medium and send her for some days but not others?

There are pros and cons to both I suppose, I just wondered what others would do given the choice?
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Which is more daft? _
PostSubject: Re: Which is more daft?   Which is more daft? EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:09 am

I'd do both! Send her a couple of days a week, I'm sure she probably enjoys it and you may notice a change in her if it stops completly.

Charlie is at a childminders and when I stop working in a few weeks I'll continue to send him a couple of days as I know he loves it there!

How are you feeling? Haven't seen u about much!
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Which is more daft? _
PostSubject: Re: Which is more daft?   Which is more daft? EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:11 am

How does what she will gain from it balance the financial burden. I took C outta childminder when I went off with Awen but she HATED it there so it wasnt a hard decision. I think if she loved it I would try and find the money or send her still but for less sessions
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

Which is more daft? _
PostSubject: Re: Which is more daft?   Which is more daft? EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:28 am

Thanks ladies, I think I'm leaning towards keeping her there most of the week in the early super-tired-out-mummy weeks then maybe dropping it down to 2 or 3 days a week depending on the money and how I'm coping.

I couldn't do part days because the nursery is way out by where OH works so a bit of a trek for me but handy for him taking her lol.

She definitely gets a lot out of going to nursery, but I'm expecting a LOT of jealousy so I'm not sure if it's better for her to be away having a good time, or if she would see it as being sent out of the way iykwim.

Kell I'm doing OK but still really tired. I've not been on the forum much cos it's a pain on my phone and OH has the PC most nights as it's by his chair. I couldn't keep up with the number of people posting so frequently on t'other forum. I post facebook quite frequently though, so you can often find me on there. Maybe I've been a bit quiet cos I'm too tired to think of anything witty to contribute lol xxx
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Which is more daft? _
PostSubject: Re: Which is more daft?   Which is more daft? EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 6:48 pm

I think if her routine is kept similar she wouldn't feel pushed out, she'll still be doing what she's always done, plus she doesn't know your not going to be working.

I'm not sure how Charlie will react, he loves babies, he's always really interested in them and tries to cuddle and kiss etc, but I'm not sure how he will react to our baby, I think he will be slightly jealous, guess I need to keep him busy helping me!

I'm not on fb so don't get to see what people chat about there. It would appear its busier than here these days, I know what you mean about being tired! I'm almost falling asleep at work these days! Lol
Back to top Go down
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Which is more daft? _
PostSubject: Re: Which is more daft?   Which is more daft? EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 8:18 pm

When i had Isla i continued to keep Imogen in nursery 2 days a week (same as when i was working), however, i did feel hideously guilty about it. Looking back i could kick myself for being so silly, it was definitely for the best, they need the stimulation and you need the break and chance to spend 1 2 1 with new baby. The only thing i would be mindful of is trying to arrange some 1 2 1 with Imogen once things have calmed down with the new baby x
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

Which is more daft? _
PostSubject: Re: Which is more daft?   Which is more daft? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:23 am

I would keep sending her, even if you cut it down to 2/3 days a week.

Aimee used to go to pre school 2 mornings a week, but as of January (when Holly was due), I put her in 4 mornings and am now talking to them next week about increasing it to 5.

She loves it and its nice for her to get away from the house and to play games. She always comes out saying what a wonderful time she has had, so I know it was the best choice.

When Lily and Holly are asleep in the afternoons, I then get a bit of quality time with Aimee, and now im not pregnant (and miserable, lol), we are going to start doing cooking together and fun stuff x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Which is more daft? _
PostSubject: Re: Which is more daft?   Which is more daft? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which is more daft?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Which is more daft? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Which is more daft? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Which is more daft? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Which is more daft? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Which is more daft? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Which is more daft? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Which is more daft? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Which is more daft? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Which is more daft? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Which is more daft? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Which is more daft? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Which is more daft? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Which is more daft? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Which is more daft? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Which is more daft? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words