Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Bedtime issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Bedtime issues _
PostSubject: Bedtime issues   Bedtime issues EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:09 am

Hiya

Been having issues with Sophia goiong to bed for months now. We have tried lots of things, sitting in with her till she falls, but that just works her up in the end, waiting outside her room and ignoring her when she does come out, letting her come down the stairs then carrying her back up (but that got too much whilst pg) and now similar but waiting at top and standing at door til she gets back in then putting covers over and leaving the room again.

Its just that we have been doing this for nearly a month now (with a couple of blips) and still taking at least half hour a night. Is there anything else we can do or do you think its jsut persistence?

I do understand to extent (she used to be really good) there are ltos of changes having happened like Dave's step dad staying and Dave needing to go away on business more and me being pg, but just is quite draining. Think would be fine if she hadnt also started getting up in night to come int our bed!

In middle of night been taking her back and waiting in with her but Dave was in with her asleep on the bedside chisr for two hours last night so thats no good. So going to try the same as we do at bedtime when she comes in tonight. Think this is the right thing to try? Always been bit more lenient at night time.

Think the biggest prob has been our consistency, things work for a while then we get disheartened and try something new so think we really need to stick with atrategy this time.

Thats it really. Any suggestions or just encouragement greatly recieved,

Mandy xx
Back to top Go down
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Bedtime issues _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime issues   Bedtime issues EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Oh sweetheart, you don't need this atm. Can't believe how pg you are all of a sudden!

Sorry if this sounds really obvious but have you talked to Sophia about bedtimes? Isla went through a phase of crying every morning, there was nothing wrong but that is just what she did to get our attention. Steve talked to her about it, and now she calls out for us instead and usually tells us that she 'didn't cry ' quite proudly!

Sophia seems like a smart girlie, is it worth having a talk to her and explaining that she needs to stay in bed and that Mummy and Daddy need their sleep, etc. We do this with Immy (she is obviously much older) but she does seem to understand and it stops her coming into our room earlier.

x x x
Back to top Go down
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Bedtime issues _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime issues   Bedtime issues EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:48 am

Thanks Fran,

Yeah, did try that in the middle of the night yesterday, explaining to her that if she got up any more she and I would be too tired to do fun things tomorrow and explained what those fun things were. Saw the cogs whirring and she did stay in bed after that. Tried similar tonight and she atyed in bed for a while but then got up again so not sure, but i agree that it is worth a try.

She is also forcing wees out to prolong the staying in bed thing. I know that sounds harsh but it was 7 wee-wee in the space of an hour yesterday! She usually gets through no more than five nappies a day including poohs!

Was exhausted yesterday as i did the stints in the night. She only took 20 mins the first time she got up, then 6 mins, then three, then less than a minute every time after that but over a two and a half hour period ending at 6 and then we were needing to be up at seven.

So Dave had to go for work drinks to welcome a newbie last night and i did the going to bed bit. Thought took half an hour but then i came down stairs and had another half hour of putting her back in bed. Then Dave did the night shift but he talked to her every time, eventually losing it with her which resulted in her screaming. But then eventually as i said, i explained about being too tired to have fun and she stayed.

Tonight, I had to go out for my college course. Lights off at seven and Dave still trying to get her down now. Its just getting worse, but i spose it has to get worse before it gets better?

Wanted to have sorted before Gramps comes back to live here but that is in about 2 weeks now so unlikely i guess!

MAndy xx
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

Bedtime issues _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime issues   Bedtime issues EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:07 am

can i just ask does she still nap??

A was and still is a nightmare to get to bed if she has had longer than and 30-40 mins
Back to top Go down
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Bedtime issues _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime issues   Bedtime issues EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:28 am

thanks jo, good suggestion and have thought about that but have found the opposite, if she has less than an hour then vry hard work and drops off at 4 and is a grump till bedtime. But have thought about maybe dropping her bedtime back to six once on mat leave and then dropping the nap but not sure.

In the middle of the night has gone better the last souple of nights. Took the decision to shut my bedroom door. When she got up she did cry but i checked on her after ten mins and got her water and then she did come out again but took herself back to bed and didnt hear from her again. Felt guilty in the morning though as i think she had got cold and thats why she couldnt sleep as she dropped off as soon as she hit the pillow in my room at 6.50 and i had to get her dressed asleep at 8.

So last night put an extra cover on her when i went to bed and i shut my door. She did get up at two, so i asked her what she needed and she needed water and a nappy change. She asked me not to shut my door after but I explained that mumy and daddy and sophia all needed to sleep so i would be shutting my door. She whimpered for about a minute but then didnt hear from her again all night till 7.20am! result! Hoping for more of the same or an improvement further tonight.

At bedtime, not so good, took three hours tuesday, a couple yesterday. But tonight much better with it taking just 50 mins so good on that front too. just hoping she gets the point soon.

Mandy xx
Back to top Go down
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Bedtime issues _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime issues   Bedtime issues EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 6:52 pm

I'm pleased things are improving Mandy x x x
Back to top Go down
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Bedtime issues _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime issues   Bedtime issues EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:48 am

Thanks Fran

Well, not completely there yet but more improvements last night. Only 50 mins to settle and then slept through entire night till 8am so a full (or more or less ) twelve hours sleep! Yippee!

And finished work today, so no more rushing around to get to nursery so hopefully she can sleep in more regularly if she so needs to!

Is nice to be getting there!

Mandy xx
Back to top Go down
Bumpwatcher

Bumpwatcher

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

Bedtime issues _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime issues   Bedtime issues EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 6:31 am

That's a great improvement Mandy. And i hope you get to have some relaxation time now that you have finished work x x x
Back to top Go down
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Bedtime issues _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime issues   Bedtime issues EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 6:38 am

Not quite believing it yet but fingers crossed, Sophia is down for the night with no getting up! Has been quiet for the last 10 mins or so, we shall see but looking promising.......

MAndy xx
Back to top Go down
Pickle and Pup's mummy

Pickle and Pup's mummy

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Bedtime issues _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime issues   Bedtime issues EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 6:39 am

She stayed in bed last night. Not up once!

And tonight has gone down fine except for two nappy changes. Long may it last!

MAndy xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Bedtime issues _
PostSubject: Re: Bedtime issues   Bedtime issues Empty

Back to top Go down

Bedtime issues

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Bedtime issues Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Bedtime issues Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Bedtime issues Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Bedtime issues Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Bedtime issues Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Bedtime issues Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Bedtime issues Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Bedtime issues Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Bedtime issues Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Bedtime issues Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Bedtime issues Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Bedtime issues Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Bedtime issues Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Bedtime issues Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Bedtime issues Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words