Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Not a good day so far

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Not a good day so far _
PostSubject: Not a good day so far   Not a good day so far EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:51 pm

We were up half the night with Jamie trying to control his breathing and his been bad since Thursday. We took him to the dr this morning and his been put back on his brown inhaler (and a higher dose than before). It means he only managed a week without it. Its supposed to be temporary to get him over his cough but it doesn't bode well. I didn't think he'd do very well without it but I was hoping we could go longer than this
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Not a good day so far _
PostSubject: Re: Not a good day so far   Not a good day so far EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:39 pm

Oh bless him, if it is a perminant thing will he have to use inhalers all the time or is there other treatment that could help him?
Hope his breathing gets better soon poor little thing
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Not a good day so far _
PostSubject: Re: Not a good day so far   Not a good day so far EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 11:38 pm

Guess it depends on what they diagnose him with (they won't diagnose asthma until his much older). If it is something like asthma then he'll stay on two inhalers. We've got childhood asthma on both sides of the family though so hopefully it will be that and he'll grow out of it.
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Not a good day so far _
PostSubject: Re: Not a good day so far   Not a good day so far EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:04 am

Aww Hun, hope he grows out of it, Lucas as finally been diagnosed with infantile eczema, then found out from russ sister, it's on their side of the family
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Not a good day so far _
PostSubject: Re: Not a good day so far   Not a good day so far EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:06 am

Poor thing. Have you found anything that makes it better yet?
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

Not a good day so far _
PostSubject: Re: Not a good day so far   Not a good day so far EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:22 am

poor jamie! Hope his breathing gets better. They have said they wont even like at asthma til dita is 6, the same for you? makes no sense when they are treating them just the same!
xx
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Not a good day so far _
PostSubject: Re: Not a good day so far   Not a good day so far EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:25 am

They won't diagnose here until they are around 3 but they said at the hospital that it seems like that and they would treat the symptoms anyway which is why they gave us inhalers. Am I right in thinking they won't give her a preventative one? I would have thought with the way she was they would have started testing by now. It doesn't seem fair to make her wait so long. I know they don't want to pump them with steroids but it can go too far the other way. Mind you I think Jamie only got a brown inhaler because we ended up in hospital 3 times in 2 weeks
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

Not a good day so far _
PostSubject: Re: Not a good day so far   Not a good day so far EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:32 am

nope they keep saying its viral when we go to the doctors, i have no idea how she can have a virus causing only a cough the whole year round!
I think jamie has it a lot worse then dita - dita doesn't really struggle for breath very often, its just a really hoarse cough she gets and she cant stop coughing, thats prob why they don't want to give her a brown inhalor x
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Not a good day so far _
PostSubject: Re: Not a good day so far   Not a good day so far EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:43 am

I'm sure a cough can be linked to asthma though. Jamie has a cough quite a lot of the time although it doesn't make him sick. Drs often won't do anything. I'm always going about my stomach problems and they always tell me there's nothing they can do. I'm working on the theory that if I go often enough they'll get fed up and do something so that may work for you.

Yeah I think Jamie got the brown one because he couldn't breath on 3 separate occasions and is often wheezy. We're supposed to be trying to take him off it again in another couple of weeks though
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

Not a good day so far _
PostSubject: Re: Not a good day so far   Not a good day so far EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:54 am

i bet you dread weaning him off it!
One of the doctors who gave her the inhalor originally said the coughing is more than likely a type of asthma *unofficially* , she gets wheezy a lot but its not deep in her chest like a chest infection, although she gets them often enough aswell.
Does he do high pitched sucky in noises when he is struggling? Dita does that sometimes and it terrifies me!
Whats wrong with your stomach? Hope its nothing serious! They are extremely hard work to communicate with are doctors! It took me 8 months with my back before they even referred me to the consultant, until then they just told me I needed to lose weight or 'it might go away'. I have never been one to go to the doctors much cos i hate the place but with dita i must have tripled the amount of times i go a year if not more!
x
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

Not a good day so far _
PostSubject: Re: Not a good day so far   Not a good day so far EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 9:00 am

No idea what's wrong with my stomach. I have a gluten intolerance but generally I just have pain most of the time, sometimes a dodgy stomach and a lot of water retention. Have ended up in hospital with it once. The next step is a camera down but they don't want to do that.

Sometimes he makes a high pitched sucky in noise but he tends to grunt rather than anything else. He breaths really fast as well and you can fell his chest working.

Not looking forward to losing it seeing as we only lasted a week this time and that's with using his blue inhaler loads. At the same time I really don't want to keep pumping steroids into him though. My nephew has been the worst of us so far (he used to end up in hospital 3-5 times a year) but he was only bad in the winter so hopefully Jamie will be ok in the summer.

Hope you manage to get them to do something about Dita soon
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

Not a good day so far _
PostSubject: Re: Not a good day so far   Not a good day so far EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 9:05 am

I hope you can pursuade them to do something so the pain can go away!
Dita is generally a lot better in summer too, it starts around october and ends around may time generally! Hoping so again this year anyway!!
Hope Jamie feels better soon xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Not a good day so far _
PostSubject: Re: Not a good day so far   Not a good day so far Empty

Back to top Go down

Not a good day so far

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Not a good day so far Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Not a good day so far Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Not a good day so far Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Not a good day so far Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Not a good day so far Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Not a good day so far Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Not a good day so far Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Not a good day so far Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Not a good day so far Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Not a good day so far Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Not a good day so far Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Not a good day so far Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Not a good day so far Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Not a good day so far Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Not a good day so far Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words