Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

feeling a bit worried...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

feeling a bit worried... _
PostSubject: feeling a bit worried...   feeling a bit worried... EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 8:20 am

hannahs such a sensitive little girl just now and its really worrying me.

She will get very embarrased when speaking around people and if they stop to listen to her she will stop talking and cuddle into me.
when watching a film if anything sad or scary happens she will literally burst into tears and it takes ages to calm her down.
she used to be very confident and would run off playing if we were out at softplay or whatever but recently I need to go in with her or she wont go in. we went to softplay yesterday and I managed to convince her to go in by herself without me but she would always be back within a few minutes nearly in tears. I can tell she wouldnt try and defend herself against kids who push etc and one little boy pushed her and she just ran to me crying. because of the way she is I get so defensive rather than just saying "hey that wasnt very nice your not supposed to push" I get almost angry and could take the head off the poor toddler and right now I would actually be kinda glad to see hannah push someone in softplay as awful as that sounds it would make me secretly glad to see her more like her confident self.

we tried dancing classes for a while. she lasted about 9/10 weeks as she was just clinging to my leg and not joining in. the problem was that the parents needed to be in the room with the kids and to be honest I think the problem is me Sad she will happily go into nursery and the nursery have said at parents evening how confident she is and how she chats to anyone. its when shes around me she acts like this.

its so upsetting. I do think I am worrying over nothing if anything I just wanted someone to reassure me thats its normal. I was quite a sensitive shy child and I was always worrying what people thought of me etc and I dont want her to think like that.
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: feeling a bit worried...   feeling a bit worried... EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 9:36 am

I could have written that myself Steph. Amelia is the same, so sensitive. Watching a disney film can be pretty traumatic as she seems to empathise so much with the characters she always ends up in floods. If I take her somewhere she will cling to me and if we go to an unfamiliar place she won't leave my side. She won't even go into our conservatory unless I go with her.

We went to the zoo a couple of weeks ago and Amelia was pressing buttons on a display to hear the different monkey sounds. A little girl slightly younger than Amelia came over and took over the display and wouldn't let Amelia press the buttons so she just came and clung to me. When the little girl had gone I actually told Amelia that if she wanted to play and someone butted in like that to say that they could have their turn in a minute and carry on playing.

It worried me a lot so when I went into nursery for parents evening I asked them about it and if she "stuck up for herself" and was she confident? Did she share with the other children, and did she have friends? They said she was very confident but also caring towards the other children. They said she was quite motherly to them, making sure everyone got a turn and was generally a lovely little friend to a lot of the children. They said nothing fazed her and she just got on with everything. I was REALLY surprised.

So from my POV I think it's normal x
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: feeling a bit worried...   feeling a bit worried... EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 10:00 am

Chloe is very shy, not so much sensitive but it's like she has two personalities, when she's around people she knows well she's outgoing, chatty and confident, the second someone she's not sure of or doesn't know talks to her or cones near she turns into a clingy shy and withdrawn girl. I'm worried about her starting nursery in September.

Anyway I don't have an answer but just wanted to let you know you're not alone xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: feeling a bit worried...   feeling a bit worried... EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 4:23 am

aw thanks girls. glad to know its not just us going through this.

lisa - snow white and basil the great mouse detective are big heartbreakers for us haha.

I think what im going to do is try and find a class type thing for her to go to where the parents sit outside so she finds some new friends outside nursery and im not there to give her a reason not to join in.

Mandy I wouldnt worry she will probably be the same as hannah and amelia and be totally fine in nursery.

x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: feeling a bit worried...   feeling a bit worried... Empty

Back to top Go down

feeling a bit worried...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
feeling a bit worried... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
feeling a bit worried... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
feeling a bit worried... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
feeling a bit worried... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
feeling a bit worried... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
feeling a bit worried... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
feeling a bit worried... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
feeling a bit worried... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
feeling a bit worried... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
feeling a bit worried... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
feeling a bit worried... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
feeling a bit worried... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
feeling a bit worried... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
feeling a bit worried... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
feeling a bit worried... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words