Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Christmas/birthdays vs whole year

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

Christmas/birthdays vs whole year _
PostSubject: Christmas/birthdays vs whole year   Christmas/birthdays vs whole year EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 7:08 am

Do you buy your kid things as and when you see them or do you keep things for christmas/birthdays. I'm quite mean in that if I see something I know shed like I'll get it but I'll save it for christmas. My mother spoils her rotten so she has new things all the time and I hate it. I want her to know she doesnt get things just becasue
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas/birthdays vs whole year   Christmas/birthdays vs whole year EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 7:13 am

We do both. I am bad for buying Jamie things and he has a ridiculous number of pressies for his birthday and Christmas - especially as they're only a few days apart. I was looking at his toys today and thinking his got far too many (although partly because we're keeping some for if we have another). If we ever move then money will be much tighter and we'll probably get him something small for Christmas as its just after his birthday then get him something in the middle of the year
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas/birthdays vs whole year   Christmas/birthdays vs whole year EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 7:54 am

Rob is bad for buying Harry things, like for instance his bday which is on Friday, we said we would get him a remote control car, but Rob ends up getting him a remote control car, a scooter, and a vtech laptop lol and he had a playhouse bought for him by Rob in the summer as part of his bday pressie. I try not to spoil him but daddy is wrapped around his little finger lol xx
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas/birthdays vs whole year   Christmas/birthdays vs whole year EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 8:00 am

Amelia is spoilt. She rarely ever asks for anything though, it's all me, her Dad and my mum. We're forever getting her things. Big things she'll have for xmas and birthday but she gets all manner of art stuff on a nearly weekly basis
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas/birthdays vs whole year   Christmas/birthdays vs whole year EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 8:45 am

My boys have to wait. I just don't have spare cash to go and just buy something as a treat, totally different if they need something i'd get it.. and once you have more than one if you buy for one you have to buy for all 3 Surprised/
Back to top Go down
mrsmb

mrsmb

About Me!
My Name: Kim
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas/birthdays vs whole year   Christmas/birthdays vs whole year EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 9:14 am

I find it really hard to put things away for birthday or christmas but I have to restrain myself and not buy too much! Before I went back to work after mat leave I think I had mothers guilt and kept buying them stuff whenever I saw it! x
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas/birthdays vs whole year   Christmas/birthdays vs whole year EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 6:57 pm

Mostly just christmas and birthdays. I'll buy the odd things like pens/pencils, colouring pad and sometimes i'll buy a toy for a specific purpose - i got a second hand child play laptop for Immi when we were going on a long car journey. I buy clothes as and when they need them
Back to top Go down
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas/birthdays vs whole year   Christmas/birthdays vs whole year EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 1:45 am

Mine have to wait too, I save all presents big or small for birthdays or Xmas. Think it's because that's what my mum and dad did with us, So if I bought them something feels weird giving it to them without an occasion x
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas/birthdays vs whole year   Christmas/birthdays vs whole year EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:23 am

Er depends how close to xmas/birthday itis. But if its toys the therapists have reccomended they get brought straight away and he gets lil treats now and again but nothing exspensive x
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas/birthdays vs whole year   Christmas/birthdays vs whole year EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 11:38 pm

I buy all year round
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas/birthdays vs whole year   Christmas/birthdays vs whole year EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:35 am

Olivers birthday is 2 wks before xmas so we do buy him the odd thing (not huge gifts) throughout the yr too but he has a reward chart so he knows that rewards equal prizes, you don't get owt for nowt I always say Laughing
They do only tend to be smaller gifts..where as Chris spoils him, but I've told him, Chris.. that he really does need to tone it down now cos he is getting to that age where he thinks he can go making demands and it doesnt work like that be it sweets or toys
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas/birthdays vs whole year   Christmas/birthdays vs whole year EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 1:04 am

Mostly Christmas/birthdays here too. I will buy them small bits and bobs (under a fiver) if they have been particularly well behaved/kind/helpful in certain situations as a reward but anything big is put away for xmas/bday.

It is hard having Thomas' birthday so close to Christmas as he seems to be inundated with stuff in December and then has to wait a whole year but last year I bought him a couple of things that were 'older' toys and once they were opened I snook a few away and got them out throughout the year when I felt he was ready for them (will do the same this year too). I also buy both a smallish present on the others birthday too which works well as Hannah's birthday is June.

Apart from the fact I couldn't afford to buy bigger stuff throughout the year I also think it would take some of the shine off Christmas/birthdays if they just got treats all the time.

xx
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas/birthdays vs whole year   Christmas/birthdays vs whole year EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 1:12 am

MrsDebs wrote:
I also buy both a smallish present on the others birthday too which works well as Hannah's birthday is June.

xx
Thats a good idea Idea especially when they are so young..i think its nice that the other gets a little someting too blushlove
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas/birthdays vs whole year   Christmas/birthdays vs whole year EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 1:28 am

As and when, no joke she gets something new every week

I wish i could put stuff away as it would save m soooo much money!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas/birthdays vs whole year   Christmas/birthdays vs whole year EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 8:22 am

im terrible, they are spoilt. i am gna stop it though cos i dont have the funds.
x
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas/birthdays vs whole year   Christmas/birthdays vs whole year EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 5:50 am

Mine get small stuff as and when we see it, big stuff is only for Xmas and birthdays
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Christmas/birthdays vs whole year   Christmas/birthdays vs whole year Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas/birthdays vs whole year

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Christmas/birthdays vs whole year Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Christmas/birthdays vs whole year Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Christmas/birthdays vs whole year Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Christmas/birthdays vs whole year Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Christmas/birthdays vs whole year Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Christmas/birthdays vs whole year Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Christmas/birthdays vs whole year Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Christmas/birthdays vs whole year Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Christmas/birthdays vs whole year Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Christmas/birthdays vs whole year Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Christmas/birthdays vs whole year Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Christmas/birthdays vs whole year Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Christmas/birthdays vs whole year Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Christmas/birthdays vs whole year Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Christmas/birthdays vs whole year Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???