Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

TTC after miscarriage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

TTC after miscarriage _
PostSubject: TTC after miscarriage   TTC after miscarriage EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:43 am

Matt and I have talked and we both want to start ttc. The drs have said to wait a month or two for my body to 'get back to normal' but i don't feel like i want that. I feel like it would be wasted months in which i'd just feel awful. Did any of you wait or did you get straight into ttc? How did you feel about it all, have you got pregnant again since?
I'm sorry there's so many questions. I'm just curious and i'd like to hear other people's stories.xx
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

TTC after miscarriage _
PostSubject: Re: TTC after miscarriage   TTC after miscarriage EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:13 am

Hi hun
heres mine
i fell pregnant in august 2007 i had a doctors appointment as was gettin pains they thought baby was in the wrong place so i was made to go straight to hosp where i had a thing put up me (sowie im not sure what theyre called) to check heartbeat as it was too early for a scan this was a thurday evening everthing was fine i was told i was 9weeks but to come in on the monday so they can properly check me over. Well i went home i worked fri-sun then sunday night i had these bad pains i couldnt walk i just killed over in pain i was at work they wouldnt send me home they just said it was tiredness ( i was on lates) i finished my shift at 2am went home i spent all night on the loo crying in pain its the worse ive ever felt but went to my appointment on the monday no heartbeat no nothing i couldnt get over the fact everything was fine 10pm thursay night but nothing monday morning. i was told to go home come bk in 2days for a scan well i got home within hours i started bleeding not a normal bleed. i went back had the scan everything was gone so i didnt have to have the smalll op. I was off work for 4weeks i spent most of it in my room everytime i saw a baby i cried it could of been me to make things worse my step sister found out she was expecting but after a while it slowly stopped hurting as much. we used condoms up untill jan then stopped i started taking folic acid we werent nessersarily trying i was too stressed with trying so we just went with it and i found out i was pregnant in october with callum as u know i was scared throughout the hole pregnancy but he came out fine. xx

(sorry ive gone on so much) xxxx
Back to top Go down
Gloworm

Edit MY profile

TTC after miscarriage _
PostSubject: Re: TTC after miscarriage   TTC after miscarriage EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:46 am

Hi Shell, so sorry to hear about your miscarriage.

I had a mc in june at 8 weeks, i started losing blood on the tuesday, had a scan on the friday and saw a h/b, but on the friday night I had a massive bleed, extreme pains and lost clots. A scan the following wednesday confirmed the miscarriage.

The nurse who looked after me at the epu told me to start again once I was ready, and there should be no reason why we shouldn't try straight away if that's what we wanted.

We've been ttc properly again for 2 months, and while I'm pooping myself in case I go through anything like that again, I'm trying to keep calm and not let it stress me too much.

Good luck with your next attempt and if you need to talk I'm here. xx
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

TTC after miscarriage _
PostSubject: Re: TTC after miscarriage   TTC after miscarriage EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:23 am

I'm so sorry you both had to go through this too, thank you for sharing your stories.

Matt&i have talked some more and we're deff going to start trying now, but not stress out, take folic acid, bd around the right time and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

TTC after miscarriage _
PostSubject: Re: TTC after miscarriage   TTC after miscarriage EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:46 am

I saw on the news a couple of weeks ago that it has been proven that its best to ttc straight after a m/c.

Here is the link:

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2010/08August/Pages/conceiving-baby-after-miscarriage.aspx

x
Back to top Go down
beccaplus1

beccaplus1

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

TTC after miscarriage _
PostSubject: Re: TTC after miscarriage   TTC after miscarriage EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:58 am

I had a miscarriage in Nov 2008 it passed naturally and once I had my scan we tried again I fell pregnant in Dec 2008 so no cycle inbetween and I miscarried in Feb 2009. I struggled to cope with the 2 miscarriages and had some personal problems so out ttc off for about a year then we decided the time was right as I was back to my usual self and quite happy so in Feb 2010 we decided to start ttc again and as you can see I am 27 weeks pregnant.

I think it doesn't depend on "how long you wait" I really do feel I was just "unlucky" with my miscarriages.

I hope your TTC journey is not too long hth xx
Back to top Go down
marie

marie

Edit MY profile

TTC after miscarriage _
PostSubject: Re: TTC after miscarriage   TTC after miscarriage EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 7:49 pm

Ive had 2 miscarriages first one i cant really talk about with anyone, it makes me want to cry thinking about it, we didnt try again for a while

I had a 2nd miscarriage last feb i was 7 weeks, part of me wanted to get preg straight away,

but decided to go on the pill till start of may, came off it, and fell preg straight away

for me personally needed them 3 months to come to terms with what happend,

it still breaks my heart now, but for whatever reason it just was'nt meant to be

im so blessed to have a daughter & son, i really couldnt image my life without them

so id say if you feel ready, then start trying xx
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

TTC after miscarriage _
PostSubject: Re: TTC after miscarriage   TTC after miscarriage EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 2:56 am

Thank you for sharing your stories and sorry you've had to go through it.
Thanks Laura for that link, i remember hearing a report about it on the radio but forget until i read that.
I do feel ready, I've accepted it just wasn't meant to be and feel like ttc would keep me focused and not let me dwell. Hopefully i can have a healthy pregnancy soon.
Back to top Go down
Nutty1

Nutty1

Edit MY profile

TTC after miscarriage _
PostSubject: Re: TTC after miscarriage   TTC after miscarriage EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 3:15 am

Hi Shell,

Well as you probably know ive had 2 miscarriages now, after my 1st at 5w+3 we knew pretty much straight away that we wanted to get back to trying asap. I just couldnt bare to wait so we did. I did fall pregnant again straight away with no period in between but unfortunately miscarried again. I think theres no harm in trying straight away the doctors like you to wait for dating purposes. We tried straight again after the 2nd but didnt fall pregnant that time Sad. If you feel ready then go for it x
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

TTC after miscarriage _
PostSubject: Re: TTC after miscarriage   TTC after miscarriage EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 5:39 am

Thanks for that Nutty. It's encouraging to know others feel the same, want to get straight back to ttc. I'm so sorry you've had two m/cs in a row Sad Wishing you lots of luck xx
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

TTC after miscarriage _
PostSubject: Re: TTC after miscarriage   TTC after miscarriage EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 11:00 pm

Well Ollie was stillborn at 32 weeks and I was told I could try again straight away if I felt ready, so I can't see why you would have to wait after a mc, good luck hun, I'm so sorry for your loss x
Back to top Go down
Nutty1

Nutty1

Edit MY profile

TTC after miscarriage _
PostSubject: Re: TTC after miscarriage   TTC after miscarriage EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 11:08 pm

ShellandImmi wrote:
Thanks for that Nutty. It's encouraging to know others feel the same, want to get straight back to ttc. I'm so sorry you've had two m/cs in a row Sad Wishing you lots of luck xx

We are just hoping its just down to bad luck that we had 2 in a row, doctor has assured me if it happens again then he will refer us to the recurrent miscarriage clinic.
Back to top Go down
annie123

Edit MY profile

TTC after miscarriage _
PostSubject: Re: TTC after miscarriage   TTC after miscarriage EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:03 pm

I had a missed miscarriage in oct 08, i was 9 weeks pregnant- we had gone for a private scan and they couldnt find a heartbeat. I opted to have a d&c, which took place a few days after the scan. We were devasted and wanted to start trying straight away. We started ttc again straight after the bleeding stopped from the op. We didnt wait till my next period like the dr suggested. I felt like i needed to start straight away - we have never forgotten about our lost baby though. we luckily fell pregnant in jan 09 and had a healthy baby boy born early in august. I am now 16 weeks pregnant, we wanted to have another baby quite close in age to our little boy. As we didnt know about the miscarriage until the scan, everytime we have had one since has been worrying - losing a baby seems to take the innocence out of the scans,we both seem to hold our breath until they tell us they see a heartbeat. Luckily everything seems to be going well with this pregnancy. Good luck with ttc x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

TTC after miscarriage _
PostSubject: Re: TTC after miscarriage   TTC after miscarriage Empty

Back to top Go down

TTC after miscarriage

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Conceiving, Pregnancy & Birth :: Conceiving-
Latest topics
» Spotting
TTC after miscarriage Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
TTC after miscarriage Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
TTC after miscarriage Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
TTC after miscarriage Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
TTC after miscarriage Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
TTC after miscarriage Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
TTC after miscarriage Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
TTC after miscarriage Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
TTC after miscarriage Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
TTC after miscarriage Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
TTC after miscarriage Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
TTC after miscarriage Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
TTC after miscarriage Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
TTC after miscarriage Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
TTC after miscarriage Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???