Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Can i have your opinions please!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

Can i have your opinions please! _
PostSubject: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:59 am

Oh's sister has put photos of Ollie on facebook, I'm really not comfortable with it, I don't even have pics of him on there! I'm actually quite angry that she thinks this is ok and she didn't even ask. She only joined recently and I was looking through pics of her kids and I was so shocked when he came up, I just wasn't expecting it.

Does anyone else think this is a bit weird? Or am I being too sensitive, I understand that he's her nephew and I appreciate that she isn't ashamed and she thinks he's beautiful but I haven't even showed close friends of mine pictures of him, it makes me really uncomfortable that people I don't even know can see him. I just think these pictures should be private and it honestly hasn't even occured to me to put them on there!
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:12 am

i wouldn't like people other than my OH and me having pics of my daughter on facebook. but that's cos i want to know who's looking at them. my brother and OH's sister have some but i would ask them to remove them if i wasn't happy. at the end of the day they're of your son so if you're not happy you should say something, especially if it's upsetting for you
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:16 am

Just to add, Ollie was stillborn, so the pics are of him after he's died
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:25 am

i think i would be very upset too and i feel its somethin she should of seeked permission first xx she knows you would of seen them .. maybe she just didnt think ! xxx
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:30 am

not all all, she could have had the courteousy to ask you
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:42 am

I dont think you are over reacting at all, i would be very upset. But maybe she just wasnt thinking? I would speak to her x
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:44 am

I think the photos are very personal and should be up to you who sees them. I would send her a message saying you're finding it upsetting having them there, would she mind removing them
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:48 am

I dont think you are over reacting at all, as you say the photographs are incredibly personal and she shouldnt have put them on without speaking to you about it
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:52 am

I know she didn't do it to upset me, I just think it's abit morbid tbh. If it was my sister I'd say take them off you silly bint but me and Oh's sister aren't close, she's lovely I just don't see her very often, I think I'll get OH to deal with it. He hasn't seen them yet as he's in work but I don't thin he'll be happy with them on there, if hewanted them on he would have put them there himself.
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:20 am

i'd just tell her that you want them to remain private and would she mind taking them off her facebook account, i would have thought she should understand, ut yeah i would ask oh to do it too. its his sister.
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:23 am

olliesmammy wrote:
if hewanted them on he would have put them there himself.

That's exactly the point - if you and you're OH choose to do so, it will be when YOU're ready, not when she decides to.
No, I don't think you're being sensitive at all - they are indeed personal to you and your OH - I think she is very out of line putting them up.
It must have been a shock for you to see them in the public domain like that. Can i have your opinions please! 214829 xx
Back to top Go down
Kinkyangel

Kinkyangel

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:25 am

I don't think your being over sensitive at all! I have a pic of my OH and his best mates baby on my FB but I asked first! It's only polite after all! Especially after all you have been through!

Xxx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:29 am

I think its ok if they tag the mum - that way they know the pics are there

I just added pics of my friends baby and tagged her, then her mum also tagged herself lol

I wouldnt mind if it was done like that
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 4:11 am

I have photos of my nieces and my sister and sister in law have photos of gracie but then yours are compleatly different circumstances hun i would ask her to take them down til such time you feel comfortable to have them up x
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 4:13 am

olliesmammy wrote:
Just to add, Ollie was stillborn, so the pics are of him after he's died

oh gosh yes, Im sorry I forgot and replied without thinking

TBH I think thats really bad then - its a very personal thing and I dont think she should have added them :-(
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 4:48 am

Omg no your not at all being too sensitive Hun, I think she should have asked your permission! My friend had her baby at 27 weeks, she lived for 18 days and unfortunatly passed away. My friend has pictures of her beautiful baby girl before and after she passed. I've seen them all and tbh I felt uncomfortable and so upset seeing the pictures, but I also felt honoured that she wanted to share them with me'!
I would not feel comfortable at all putting something like that on fb especially if the parents themselves didn't have any.

Hope you are ok xx

Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 4:51 am

to be honest i'd definitely have a word with oh, explain to him exactly how you feel and ask him to have a word

tbh if i were you i'd be very upset...those are private pics, you don't want the strangers seeing them
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:46 am

Yes i think id be the same as u. These pics must be very personal to you. I would deffo ask your other half to speak to her.Im sure she didnt mean to upset you when she did it.x
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:45 am

Firstly I am sorry to hear about Ollie, I had not noticed your ticker. Sad

I think it is a very private thing and whilst they did not mean any harm you could have been really really upset by coming across those pics. Would get OH to have a word xx
Back to top Go down
meandmyboys

meandmyboys

About Me!
My Name: sam
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:49 am

you are def not over reacting, i would be cross too, she should have asked your permission x
Back to top Go down
michellenevan

michellenevan

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:54 am

these pics r very private to u and ur def not over reacting when i first saw ur post i kinda thought why wud u not want pics of ur son thinking it was maybe for paedos etc

then i saw he was stillborn - and i jst think its absolutely shocking she wud put a pic on fb without asking u! yeah i get that he is her nephew but his pics r very personal to u and if i was in ur shoes i think id find it extremely upsetting seeing his pics on fb!

i honestly think its totally out of order that she has put them on! i wud send her a message and jst politely ask if she wud remove it bcos you find it upsetting and personal and u wud like the pics to remain private
Back to top Go down
tigger

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:58 am

You are not being over sensitive. I would be pissed off too if someone did that to me. Photo's are very private things and especially of little one's. She had no right to post photo's without checking you were ok with it first.

Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 8:02 am

I dont think your being oversensetive at all! She should have asked you permission. would be angry too hun xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Can i have your opinions please!   Can i have your opinions please! Empty

Back to top Go down

Can i have your opinions please!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Can i have your opinions please! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Can i have your opinions please! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Can i have your opinions please! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Can i have your opinions please! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Can i have your opinions please! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Can i have your opinions please! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Can i have your opinions please! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Can i have your opinions please! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Can i have your opinions please! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Can i have your opinions please! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Can i have your opinions please! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Can i have your opinions please! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Can i have your opinions please! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Can i have your opinions please! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Can i have your opinions please! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words