Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Gifts for your OH

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Gifts for your OH _
PostSubject: Gifts for your OH   Gifts for your OH EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 12:27 am

Just thought I'd give it a try at starting a thread on ideas for gifts - as they are so bloomin hard to buy for!!

I'll pop back and post some links of things we have bought to date, but also last year we tried to do a handprint in clay but the stuff was too hard so it didn't work out Sad - know you can do salt dough but wanted a longer-lasting one. Ah well. BUT as and when this wee one arrives I think I'd like one of the fingerprint keepsakes - keyring probably - doing for hubby. Think there is an age on it though, 6months+ or something - to get a 'good' print? xx
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Gifts for your OH _
PostSubject: Re: Gifts for your OH   Gifts for your OH EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 2:45 am

I was in Home Bargains - they had the clay sets with a lovely frame, also paint ones with a frame, only £2.99!!!!

If I can afford it I'd like to buy him a new watch - I bought him a G shock last year and he wore it snowboarding and that's it! SO I would like to get a similar one to the adidas steel one he has had about 5 years and looks a bit tatty now, but nicer and get it engraved from me and Izzy
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

Gifts for your OH _
PostSubject: Re: Gifts for your OH   Gifts for your OH EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 2:59 am

My OH is so hard to buy for, he is so fussy when it comes to clothes, he doesn't wear jewellery or watches of any description, his main hobby is photography, which I don't have a clue what would be a good gift, and most of the stuff is really expensive. I think he'll be getting vouchers this year Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Gifts for your OH _
PostSubject: Re: Gifts for your OH   Gifts for your OH EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 3:05 am

After years and years worth of birthday's and Christmasses, I'm stumped. I don't like buying things that he's asked for iykwim - I want it to be a surprise! But also don't want to waste money, which has been known to happen many a time Embarassed so I think we're going down the boring route of lists again this year (swapping lists of what we both would like).
But this is a good gadget, bought a few years ago:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Powerball-Neon-Blue-Pro/dp/B000GK8EQQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287417255&sr=8-1
And this a fab stocking filler:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gift-House-International-GH-YM255-Massager/dp/B000XSVGJ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287417289&sr=8-1
(and yes, that is £2.05 DELIVERED!)

New daddy gift, willow tree figure:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Willow-Tree-26129-WILLOW-TREE/dp/B0025L7BBS/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1287417410&sr=8-6

Book from LO to share with daddy:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Love-My-Daddy-Sebastien-Braun/dp/1905417659/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1287417341&sr=1-4

And photo frames are always a good one:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Me-My-Daddy-Photo-Frame/dp/B002HY6P74/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1287417456&sr=1-1

Photo gifts from the likes of snapfish:
http://www.snapfish.co.uk/snapfishuk/gifts/product=acrylic-keyring
(bit of a swizz, keyring with same pic both sides, but nice little pressie)
http://www.snapfish.co.uk/snapfishuk/storemugs
(lots of different kinds)

That's all I can muster up for now Smile

Last edited by GraceBean&Pip on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kinkyangel

Kinkyangel

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

Gifts for your OH _
PostSubject: Re: Gifts for your OH   Gifts for your OH EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 3:42 am

Good thread!!

My OH is fairly easy to buy for as anything relating to Leicester City will make him happy!! but I dont always want to be buying the same stuff!

I haven't started looking yet but as soon as I do I will add some links!

xxx
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

Gifts for your OH _
PostSubject: Re: Gifts for your OH   Gifts for your OH EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 4:18 am

Good thread

I've already got mine a new coat and hat
I want to get him something special off ava though, i like the love my daddy book but I'll keep my eye on this post for more ideas.
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

Gifts for your OH _
PostSubject: Re: Gifts for your OH   Gifts for your OH EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:13 pm

Mines always get things like the newest man utd shirt/shirts, dvds normally the new stand up comedys ones that come out just before christmas. xx

Thats it really he quites easy he would be happy with just those bits xx
6dvds i brought him last yr xx
Back to top Go down
deecee24

deecee24

Edit MY profile

Gifts for your OH _
PostSubject: Re: Gifts for your OH   Gifts for your OH EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:11 am

My OH is a complete nightmare. I can't buy him clothes because he doesn't like anything i think he'll suit. He doesn't listen to music so can't buy cd's. Bought him a Wii for valentines day and he's never touched it. He is completely terrible to buy for unless its chocolate and that's it. Honestly it's sooooo hard.

I really don't know what to buy him this year.

Dee
x
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Gifts for your OH _
PostSubject: Re: Gifts for your OH   Gifts for your OH EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 4:37 am

If your OH likes (loves) football - a good stocking filler is the magazine 442 - especially as they brought out a 'pocket size' (well, half size) magazine earlier this year. If he likes it... subscription for Father's Day / Birthday Wink

I'm waiting for a more recent copy, think it's usually out in the first week of the month. Something to puzzle him - rolled and wrapped up in his stocking!

Of course, the subscription itself is a good gift - it's a very comprehensive magazine and they always have good offers on for subscribers - £3 for 3 issues or similar (it's usally £4/5 a copy; out monthly).

xx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

Gifts for your OH _
PostSubject: Re: Gifts for your OH   Gifts for your OH EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 4:07 am

We had set a limit of £50 each for each other, but we have tried to both think what we actually want and there isnt anything.

We have now said that we will just buy a token gift for £10 each so that we have something to open on Xmas day.

My OH came home yesterday saying he knew what he wanted and he wants.... A PEN! Very Happy

Bless him! So, I found a lovely Parker pen last night which was £45 down to £18, so ordered him that. I have also got him some cufflinks from the girls as he is always losing them x
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

Gifts for your OH _
PostSubject: Re: Gifts for your OH   Gifts for your OH EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 7:22 am

i found these that'll make a lovely pressie for daddy from ava

http://www.chloesmummy.co.uk/Gallery/BoardBookSamples/tabid/73/GalleryId/6/Default.aspx
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

Gifts for your OH _
PostSubject: Re: Gifts for your OH   Gifts for your OH EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 9:58 am

I am getting Dan some play station games (boring!), dvds, couple of books and prob a tshirt from superdry as he loves them even though i think they all look the same.

I also try and get him some silly presents so this year i have ordered him that magic wand remote control thing that was on dragons den - he loves gadgets so think he will like it.

Other than that i agree it is a nightmare as he does not like jewellery etc and i have exhausted the watch/aftershave etc on previous occasions. I dont know what i am getting him from Lily yet so if anyone has any good ideas.....
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

Gifts for your OH _
PostSubject: Re: Gifts for your OH   Gifts for your OH EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 10:13 am

Those books are lovely!

I've got my oh a scaletrix lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Gifts for your OH _
PostSubject: Re: Gifts for your OH   Gifts for your OH Empty

Back to top Go down

Gifts for your OH

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge :: Christmas :: 2010 Archive-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Gifts for your OH Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Gifts for your OH Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Gifts for your OH Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Gifts for your OH Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Gifts for your OH Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Gifts for your OH Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Gifts for your OH Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Gifts for your OH Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Gifts for your OH Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Gifts for your OH Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Gifts for your OH Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Gifts for your OH Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Gifts for your OH Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Gifts for your OH Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Gifts for your OH Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words