Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Spending review today!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Spending review today! _
PostSubject: Spending review today!   Spending review today! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 9:50 pm

The spending review is in 45 mins and I gotta go to college, I'm gutted I'll miss it!
Wonder how things are going to change!

Don't suppose anyone wants to be incharge of letting me know what the main points are lol!

Here's hoping were not too much worse off after today!
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Spending review today! _
PostSubject: Re: Spending review today!   Spending review today! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 10:37 pm

I wont be watching it, but ill look online, ill send u some links if i can Smile
Weve just applied for council housing but doubt we will ever get it now!
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

Spending review today! _
PostSubject: Re: Spending review today!   Spending review today! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 10:46 pm

bbc website always has a bulletin of these things, i just read that
Back to top Go down
mrsmb

mrsmb

About Me!
My Name: Kim

Edit MY profile

Spending review today! _
PostSubject: Re: Spending review today!   Spending review today! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 10:57 pm

I'm watching it but it doesn't really mean anything until they start going into the nitty gritty later on! I'm worried though because me and hubby both work in the public sector Spending review today! 548646 xxx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Spending review today! _
PostSubject: Re: Spending review today!   Spending review today! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:38 am

BBC licence fee frozen til 2017

The age of retirement will increase to 66 as soon as 2016, could rise to 68 by 2038 and even to 70 in the decades following that. pale

Child benefit gone in households where main earner earns over 45k

Means tested benefits so cuts for anyone with savings of 16k and over. Means tested incapacity benefit

Increase in rail prices

Cuts in the road safety grant so speed camera fines create extra revenue

Recruitment freezes in ministry of justice and relocation out of london

Around 14,000 prison officers, probation staff and legal officials will go. Some 157 magistrates' and county courts in England and Wales face being scrapped, while the Legal Aid budget looks ripe for severe cuts. Victim support spending may also be hit

Less short prison sentences, more probation

No cuts in international aid, in fact they are pledging more of our money but admin costs to be halved

The department scrapped the £6.5m Global Development Engagement Fund, a scheme aimed at community groups – ranging from gardening clubs and adventure camps to toddler groups and amateur performing artists – for projects on ‘development awareness-raising’ in the UK. It also scrapped 15 schemes judged to have been failing for up to two years.

Increased visa fees

11000 police job cuts pale

A quango with a £550 million a year budget, the National Policing Improvement Agency, is widely expected to be scrapped.
The UK Border Agency will also have to make savings from its £1.6 billion budget at a time when the Government’s cap on immigration levels will reduce income from visa fees.

The Department of Health has been promised a small real-terms increase. However, the rate of growth is likely to be significantly lower than the health service is used to - over its entire history, annual increases in spending have averaged four per cent a year in real terms. Meanwhile demand from an ageing population, and advances in costly drugs will rise.
As a result, NHS organisations expect to make a total of £20bn in savings over three years. Two tiers of NHS management will go, as will the NHS Direct helpline, while GPs will run their own budgets.

The Government says more than £1 billion will be saved by halving the size of NHS bureaucracy in four years. 150 primary care trusts and 10 health authorities will be scrapped. However, redundancy payouts to get rid of so many managers will be expensive. Quangos such as the Health Protection Agency will be culled. Funding for a £75 million public campaign against obesity and drinking is to be stopped, with food and drinks companies asked to foot the bill.

Major programmes to reduce the number of hospitals dealing with the most serious cases are likely to be agreed, with cuts to Accident & Emergency and maternity services.
The coalition has pledged not to allow overall numbers of frontline workers fall, but that could still mean major job cuts in many parts of the country, and the use of cheaper groups of staff. pale pale pale

The Education Maintenance Allowance – giving teenagers £30 a week to remain in college beyond the age of 16 – will also be scrapped in favour of more “targeted support”.

The schools budget is actually being increased from £35billion to £39bn a year. The Coalition has also pledged a spend £2.5bn on a “pupil premium” to encourage the best schools to admit pupils from poor backgrounds. In addition, the poorest children will also be given access to 15 hours worth of free childcare every week.
Although Labour’s £55bn Building Schools for the Future programme has been abolished, the Coalition has pledged to spend £15.8bn improving and refurbishing the school estate.

Coalition will stop all payments to Child Trust Funds by January, saving between £320m and £520m a year.

The MoD's budget has been cut £4 billion to £33.5 billion, by retiring the £3.6 billion Nimrod reconnaissance aircraft, the Aircraft carrier Ark Royal, the Navy’s Harrier force, and the £1 billion Astor-Sentinel surveillance aircraft.

The Armed Forces will lose 7,000 soldiers, 5,000 sailors, 5,000 airmen, while MoD civilian employee numbers will be trimmed by 25,000.
In addition 600 tanks, armoured vehicles and artillery and four frigates and destroyers will be retired, while five Army headquarters will be closed pale

Right now Bob Neill, the Local Government minister, is working out next year’s settlement to help councils manage a planned freeze in council tax. The freeze in council tax could mean that other services suffer more.
The Local Government Association has warned that councils could be left with an annual shortfall of between £12.5bn and £20bn by 2014-5 if no changes were made to the way public services are delivered.
Other non-statutory services funded by the department are also likely to be under threat, such as meals-on-wheels services for the elderly and adult social care.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Spending review today! _
PostSubject: Re: Spending review today!   Spending review today! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:38 am

So all FUBARed people!
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

Spending review today! _
PostSubject: Re: Spending review today!   Spending review today! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:46 am

Blinking hell... our country is bring brought to its knees!

I think if I started moaning on this one in my tired, prgegnant state, I probably wouldnt stop!

x
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

Spending review today! _
PostSubject: Re: Spending review today!   Spending review today! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:53 am

sounds grim
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly

Edit MY profile

Spending review today! _
PostSubject: Re: Spending review today!   Spending review today! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 1:50 am

Wow ok thanks for that Mario, Gosh doesn't look good really.

Be very interesting to see how things pan out over the next few years or if we have another election!
I cant see how unemployment isn't going to increase and our economy goes back into a recession!

There are a couple of bits that i think they've got right tho.
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

Spending review today! _
PostSubject: Re: Spending review today!   Spending review today! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 4:56 am

Oh wow, our country is pretty much *$%£!
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Spending review today! _
PostSubject: Re: Spending review today!   Spending review today! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:07 am

Totally disagree with the forces cuts, lets just leave us open to being bombed to hell and back. Two bases are for the chop in scotland.

Police cuts also very wrong. Esp if they are reducing custodial sentences. Lets just have us all getting robbed and mugged. Poor PCSOs are picking up enough slack as it is.

Very worried about the cuts to a and e depts, ive already seen our staffing slashed by a 3rd in 5 years while our numbers have increased by 20% and we are breaking point all the time. Also worried about the drop in maternity services, best get in and have your bubs quick before they replace all the midwives with shop mannequins.

Unsurprised by child benefit and retirement age and resigned to it. Figure we are all working til we die now...

Very annoyed about international aid increases. I know there are countries needing help but our country needs to take care of itself first *awaits the stoning*

I do agree with scrapping the 30 pound payment for kids to go to college, either go or dont dont go for the cash and i do agree with scrapping the child trust funds, nice idea but just a money pit that can be diverted elsewhere

Also agree with the licence fee freeze. As far as im concerned the beeb is pathetic and should stop being public funded and just do like every other damn channel and run ads
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Spending review today! _
PostSubject: Re: Spending review today!   Spending review today! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:09 am

I also think they are doing too much too soon and may force a freeze on what people are willing to spend and stunt economic growth this way. My mums a retail manager and says her company is struggling. If this happens we will backtrack on the recession
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Spending review today! _
PostSubject: Re: Spending review today!   Spending review today! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:19 am

No Oh dear, yeh im a bit worried about the police and health cuts BUT i suppose this is the mess that the last Government left. i totally agree Mario its all a bit much too soon. i work in the public sector and i can tell you it looks grim for social services over the next 3 yrs Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Spending review today! _
PostSubject: Re: Spending review today!   Spending review today! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 7:53 am

I dont know that it was all labours fault. The recession is also in america and europe and even labour cant be blamed for those lol

But yes they have to sort us somehow but i just dont see how huge unemployment, reduced economic growth and giving all our money to other countries is gonna do it
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Spending review today! _
PostSubject: Re: Spending review today!   Spending review today! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 8:06 am

I am 100% behind cuts - we have no money so there is no other option

I do think they are being made in alot of wrong places though - health & education should not get cut - what are they thinking?!

Defence - well I'm in 2 minds over this cut - the word defence...yes I agree...but so much of the budget for our armed forces doesnt appear to be defending us in the slightest....its about time the UK looked closer to home for a change - selfish maybe but there you have to look after your family before your neighbours!

Foreign Aid...well I may sound like a heartless cow but something needs to be done here, we all know ££££ is wasted in admin fees and lost on its way to where its needed, I know we do need to send aid, but the figures are ludicrous

Child Trust fund - 100% back this - any parent who tries to make out their kid is hard done by is stupid - £500 which most kids would get when they are 18 works out at £28 a year....sorry but I don't believe anyone can't put aside 54p a week for their child's savings if they are that bothered.

One thing this country needs to get is CRIMINALS WORKING!
It costs thousands to keep crims in prisons - why not instead get them chain labour working on the roads etc, the must be some way they can earn their keep?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Mario

Edit MY profile

Spending review today! _
PostSubject: Re: Spending review today!   Spending review today! EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 8:12 am

Lisa wrote:
I am 100% behind cuts - we have no money so there is no other option

I do think they are being made in alot of wrong places though - health & education should not get cut - what are they thinking?!

Defence - well I'm in 2 minds over this cut - the word defence...yes I agree...but so much of the budget for our armed forces doesnt appear to be defending us in the slightest....its about time the UK looked closer to home for a change - selfish maybe but there you have to look after your family before your neighbours!

Foreign Aid...well I may sound like a heartless cow but something needs to be done here, we all know ££££ is wasted in admin fees and lost on its way to where its needed, I know we do need to send aid, but the figures are ludicrous

Child Trust fund - 100% back this - any parent who tries to make out their kid is hard done by is stupid - £500 which most kids would get when they are 18 works out at £28 a year....sorry but I don't believe anyone can't put aside 54p a week for their child's savings if they are that bothered.

One thing this country needs to get is CRIMINALS WORKING!
It costs thousands to keep crims in prisons - why not instead get them chain labour working on the roads etc, the must be some way they can earn their keep?!

I agree with the cuts too,im just concerned its too much too quick. No i agree the uk should be defencing its borders with its budget more instead of intervening in every pissing contest in far flung areas. Hence im against the base closures in scotland. I think the london bombing a couple of years ago proved that the uk is still considered worthy of terrorist attack too

And yes i agree with your stance on foreign aid which is why i expected to get stoned and hung. Fix us first im sorry, give some by all means but cutting our police force while increasing international aid is all wrong
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Spending review today! _
PostSubject: Re: Spending review today!   Spending review today! Empty

Back to top Go down

Spending review today!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Spending review today! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Spending review today! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Spending review today! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Spending review today! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Spending review today! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Spending review today! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Spending review today! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Spending review today! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Spending review today! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Spending review today! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Spending review today! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Spending review today! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Spending review today! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Spending review today! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Spending review today! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words