Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

A cheesy question...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!
My Name: Dilly
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

A cheesy question... _
PostSubject: A cheesy question...   A cheesy question... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 9:40 am

I asked hubby to buy me some mature cheese as I prefer eating mature cold and mild hot and I fancied some on my crackers, well, Sainsburys sells Mature and Farmhouse Mature what's the difference Question I've got the normal mature for now so I got my crackers sorted but I didn't want to buy it to try it in case it was more mild than normal (I just cannot stand mild cheese cold bleaugh!) Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

A cheesy question... _
PostSubject: Re: A cheesy question...   A cheesy question... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 9:44 am

I'm guessing that one would be extra old cheese. LOL..It's funny we call it old cheese here..and you call it mature!
Back to top Go down
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!

Edit MY profile

A cheesy question... _
PostSubject: Re: A cheesy question...   A cheesy question... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 9:50 am

Yea, men are like fine wine and cheese too - mature Laughing

Old cheese, now that is my husbands feet you are talking about Laughing stinking bishops would be proud pmsl

I just want to know though why is Farmhouse Mature different? It is all curds and whey and left to get all skanky and mouldy in a bit warehouse thing but what is they do differently and does it taste stronger/milder?!? x
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

A cheesy question... _
PostSubject: Re: A cheesy question...   A cheesy question... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 9:54 am

stronger for sure! the more the cheese ages the stronger the flavour! Hence blue cheese is really strong
Back to top Go down
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!

Edit MY profile

A cheesy question... _
PostSubject: Re: A cheesy question...   A cheesy question... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 9:56 am

Blue cheese A cheesy question... 128142 A cheesy question... 128142 A cheesy question... 128142 A cheesy question... 128142 A cheesy question... 128142

You wouldn't eat anything else that'd gone mouldy in your fridge why eat mouldy cheese? A cheesy question... 128142 A cheesy question... 128142 A cheesy question... 128142 A cheesy question... 128142 A cheesy question... 128142 A cheesy question... 128142 A cheesy question... 128142 A cheesy question... 128142 A cheesy question... 128142 A cheesy question... 128142 A cheesy question... 128142 A cheesy question... 128142
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

A cheesy question... _
PostSubject: Re: A cheesy question...   A cheesy question... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 9:59 am

LOL! I guess the mould on Blue cheese is edible...I only like it with buffalo chicken wings as dip! Otherwise its just too strong for me.
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

A cheesy question... _
PostSubject: Re: A cheesy question...   A cheesy question... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 10:07 am

eewww I hate smelly mouldy cheese, makes me barf to just look at it, let alone sniff and eat it A cheesy question... 981624

IIRC the Farmhouse they do is West Country Farmhouse Cheddar - this means is HAS to have been made in Somerset, Devon, Cornwall or Dorset

I think its a nicer cheese - but all down to personal taste really
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

A cheesy question... _
PostSubject: Re: A cheesy question...   A cheesy question... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 10:09 am

Do you ladies get that Imperial cheese spread over there? It's really strong. Comes in a red plastic container. Makes Cheese Whiz taste like glue paste! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

A cheesy question... _
PostSubject: Re: A cheesy question...   A cheesy question... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 10:14 am

Not seen that one Jen, but no doubt we have something similar with a different name!

I am quite boring with cheese though, cheddar, stuff like lancashire, mozzarella, feta, cottage cheese, herbed soft cheese - thats it really!

Dan put parmesan on the chicken the other night, was ok, but I dont like it on my pasta!
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

A cheesy question... _
PostSubject: Re: A cheesy question...   A cheesy question... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 10:20 am

I bought some farmy cheese the other day it was bogof in tesco I can't taste the difference
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

A cheesy question... _
PostSubject: Re: A cheesy question...   A cheesy question... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 10:27 am

olliesmammy wrote:
I bought some farmy cheese the other day it was bogof in tesco I can't taste the difference

Laughing Laughing - was it 'Taste the Difference' version? If so you should complain for false labelling Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

A cheesy question... _
PostSubject: Re: A cheesy question...   A cheesy question... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:34 pm

I think farmhouse simply means its still made traditionally on a farm wrapped in cloth in a wodden cask whereas regular mature is made in some factory somewhere as opposed to any difference in how long they are left, personally i prefer the full flavour of farmhouse but then for me cheese has to be the stronger the better. Im a blue cheese fan, id say dont knock it til you give it a go lol

Mild cheddar is the work of the devil lol and will never pass the lips of anyone in my house
Back to top Go down
hopadom

hopadom

Edit MY profile

A cheesy question... _
PostSubject: Re: A cheesy question...   A cheesy question... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 9:30 pm

I like Vintage...yummy!

As for men being mature....show me one....the may age, but they NEVER mature!! Laughing x
Back to top Go down
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!

Edit MY profile

A cheesy question... _
PostSubject: Re: A cheesy question...   A cheesy question... EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 1:40 am

LOL, sorry only just caught up as I've been away feeling sorry for myself and wanting to curl up and die (it was just man flu) and I'm feeling alot better now, just need to get rid of this irratating cough!

I like the idea of Farmhouse it sound nicer, I'm going to buy some tomorrow Very Happy Mario and Hopadom I'm the same I love super strong cheese (vintage cheese slices on toast with slices of tomato and mixed herbs on top yummy) I only buy mild for hot dishes like pasta (I have to have cheese on top of Spag bol) yummage!
When we went to Cheddar Gauge (dunno how to spell it!!) I tried some of their cave matured and omg it was really strong, made me eyes water Laughing it is cheese heaven, we went through the factory type place and watched them make it, and we saw some sat on shelves maturing and at the end we got to eat lots and lots of cheese, all different types and flavours (the marmite cheese is rank though!) xxxxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

A cheesy question... _
PostSubject: Re: A cheesy question...   A cheesy question... Empty

Back to top Go down

A cheesy question...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
A cheesy question... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
A cheesy question... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
A cheesy question... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
A cheesy question... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
A cheesy question... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
A cheesy question... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
A cheesy question... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
A cheesy question... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
A cheesy question... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
A cheesy question... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
A cheesy question... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
A cheesy question... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
A cheesy question... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
A cheesy question... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
A cheesy question... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???