Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

My booking in appointment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Mario

Edit MY profile

My booking in appointment _
PostSubject: My booking in appointment   My booking in appointment EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:03 am

Well mw came over today for booking in. Was the same midwife i had with c which is good for a variety of reasons - not least cos c spent the whole appointment determinedly emptying her handbag all over the floor Embarassed

Well shes said shes talked to consultant xray doc who will def not do an early scan which im not thrilled about. If i miss the window for nuchal scan cos my dates are out i will have to have quad testing instead. Shes booked me in to go to chestnut clinic on 3rd september to see the docs and nurses there. Chestnut is for high risk pregnancies due to bp problems. She said i will have to discuss the section vs vbac with doctor then and she thinks theres no way i should have to vbac both in terms of my physical and mental health but did say it might depend on doc and i may have to stand my ground. Showed her the letter i wrote and she said great and she will back me up. She also said if i mention the dates inconsistency that day the nurses MAY do a portable scan. No guarantee but that would be cool.

I then have scan at 12? weeks on 16th september. Im also booked in for the 20 week one obviously but then will have doppler scans on placenta at 22, 24, 26 weeks and growth scans at 28, 32 and 36

She is also booking me an appointment with the anaesthetist in light of my weight and the allergic drug reactions i had with caelyn to discuss my options esp if i get my way on the section and shes booking me in for glucose tolerance testing in 2nd trimester and group b strep testing at 36 weeks.

Also ive spoken to her about c's birth and she is organising for me to go through my notes from last time with someone to put it all to bed in my head so hopefully this time wont feel so - well frankly fucking petrified - about it all.

Eesh what else. Oh yeah she said if hosp saw me between 12 and 20 weeks that was fine by her and she would see me at 24 but otherwise to call her and she would come out and see me as she wants my bp monitored and she said this time round if i show the slightest signs of probs she having a low threshold for having me signed off work.

Oh and my bloods came back negative for syphilis Razz Laughing

Well thats about it really so seems im getting my moneys worth this time!
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: My booking in appointment   My booking in appointment EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:57 am

hopefully it will all go smoothly for you and problm free so u can relax alittle xxx
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: My booking in appointment   My booking in appointment EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 1:08 am

I hope they listen to you Mario,
it seems like you have a good mw. Love C emptying her back, did she pinch anything good?

do they do routine nuchal where you are? my hospital just started the same week as i had mine although i know someone who has since had a scan and didnt get it, i assume its cos i am an old git and she isnt.

your appointments are frequent, is this because of the BP issues?

i want the group b strep testing this time, i really should ring mw MW to organise it really.

Hubby thinks i am over reacting but my sis had it with her last and it scared me, i also had a mega quick labour with Alice and am scared that i wont have time for IV antibiotics.

I know if i have it labour will prob be more prolonged but i still cant stop worrying about it.
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: My booking in appointment   My booking in appointment EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:01 am

Aw yay fabby midwife!!! Glad they are taking all your concerns seriously and are listening to you. So they bloody should!!!

Oh and congrats on the syphillis thing, it must have been a worry Clap Lots of smiles
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: My booking in appointment   My booking in appointment EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:44 am

Wow, they really are montoring you this time, which of course is brilliant!!! And thank god she will back you up about the no VBAC as well. xx
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: My booking in appointment   My booking in appointment EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 6:53 am

Wow what a feb MW! So glad it went well and they're going to keep a close eye on you. Can't understand why they won't give you an early scan though? Fingers crossed for the portable one! x
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: My booking in appointment   My booking in appointment EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:36 am

glad it went well. sounds as if they are being through which can only be a good thing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: My booking in appointment   My booking in appointment Empty

Back to top Go down

My booking in appointment

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Conceiving, Pregnancy & Birth :: Pregnancy-
Latest topics
» Spotting
My booking in appointment Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
My booking in appointment Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
My booking in appointment Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
My booking in appointment Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
My booking in appointment Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
My booking in appointment Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
My booking in appointment Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
My booking in appointment Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
My booking in appointment Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
My booking in appointment Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
My booking in appointment Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
My booking in appointment Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
My booking in appointment Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
My booking in appointment Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
My booking in appointment Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words