Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

on the topic of car seats....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

on the topic of car seats.... _
PostSubject: on the topic of car seats....   on the topic of car seats.... EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 9:58 pm

when can u change them round so that they are forward facing? im sure alfie is getting sick of looking at the headrest and wud much prefer to look at mammy!!

x
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: on the topic of car seats....   on the topic of car seats.... EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:00 pm

the two i have got for paige, one which is a stage 1-4 said 9 kgs.. and the other one is from quite young as you can turn it to seat facing to facing out wards if you get me? we had to put paige in a bigger one as she got too fat for her baby one lol!

xx
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: on the topic of car seats....   on the topic of car seats.... EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:03 pm

most of them say 9kgs, I've just got a new one hich is permanently forward facing and she loves it.
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: on the topic of car seats....   on the topic of car seats.... EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:05 pm

When they are 9kgs which is around 9months. Imogen didn't go in her forward facing car seat till she was nearly a year cause she was small and didn't weigh enough.
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: on the topic of car seats....   on the topic of car seats.... EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:08 pm

We couldnt change Libbys around til she was 18 months ish because she wasn't heavy enough (probably could of done it earlier as she was certainly strong enough). Personally I would wait until at least 9 months even if he's heavy enough. x
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: on the topic of car seats....   on the topic of car seats.... EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:09 pm

We didn't Smile

Kept it rear facing and by the time little one had out grown it we got the new one http://www.itsababy.co.uk/car-seats/group-1/britax-eclipse-olive-new-david/language/en - maybe at about 10 months old? He was very ready for it, legs just starting to get squished!

It depends on the car seat you have now- ours was part of travel system and just used seatbelt (no base / not isofix) so felt safter for front-facing one to be the sturdier type. xx
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: on the topic of car seats....   on the topic of car seats.... EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:12 pm

It is meant to be when their necks are strong enough to support their head in a crash... which is supposed to be when they weigh 9 kilo's (20lb) OR when they are 9 months old whichever comes first.

However... it is also recommended that you keep them rear facing for as long as possible (i.e. until they don't fit in the rear facing car seat) because it's much safer

Smile
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: on the topic of car seats....   on the topic of car seats.... EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:14 pm

oooh so apparantly 9kg equates to 19lb 8oz. Alfie is almost 19lb now. So does that mean prob by christmas he will be able to go forward facing even tho he will only be 8 months? if thats the case i might ask my mam to buy him for for xmas

x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: on the topic of car seats....   on the topic of car seats.... EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:19 pm

At least 9kg! It's to do with weight and impact. If you go to halfords they're really well qualified in giving advice!
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: on the topic of car seats....   on the topic of car seats.... EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:22 pm

yeah I'd say around Christmas should be fine as long as he weighs over the 9 kilo's. Thats the advice.. does he have good head control? If he does then it should be fine but if not i'd wait Wink
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: on the topic of car seats....   on the topic of car seats.... EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:25 pm

yeah he has gr8 head control. i dont think mine is a forward facing one but hes getting to big for it now.i cant put him in it with a coat on. he will only fit in it with a thin top on or else hes all squished!its part of the Graco travel system n i thought it would last longer than this. but i dont wanna have to buy i new rear facing one if he's able to use a forward facing one soon?

x
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: on the topic of car seats....   on the topic of car seats.... EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:26 pm

Even though he is a big boy I still wouldn't change him round till at least 9 months hun. It's just safer to be rear facing because of the size/weight of their head in relation to their body/neck. In a colision if they are rear facing their head will be thrown backwards into the seat so supporting and protecting their neck and back. If they are forward facing their head wil be thrown forward putting a lot of strain on their necks and possibly causing a lot of damage or, god forbid, a break Sad.

Thomas was 9kg at 8 months but he stayed rear facing until he was nearly 10 months. Hannah is over 18lb now and only 5 months so no way would I even contemplate having her forward facing for a good while yet.

xx
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: on the topic of car seats....   on the topic of car seats.... EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:31 pm

The one I posted a link too also reclines - which means baby isn't fully upright and has much more neck support.

Halfords are good - we tested a couple and they fitted them in the car to check... ordered online from somewhere that had the coour we wanted - a bit cheaper too Wink xx
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: on the topic of car seats....   on the topic of car seats.... EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:37 pm

we went to halfords too and they were really good, there's some really good offers on as well atm.
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: on the topic of car seats....   on the topic of car seats.... EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 11:00 pm

we bought Tyler a 0+ car seat so it was bigger and comfier and he coudl stay rearwars facing for longer. We only turned him around when he was about 10 months I think. but the seat CAN go from newborn right up to 3 or 4 (I think!)
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: on the topic of car seats....   on the topic of car seats.... EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 11:25 pm

we got 0-4 one when she was 6 months as someone ran into the back of me but we kept it rear facing til she was 9 moths even tho she was 18lb at 6 moths Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: on the topic of car seats....   on the topic of car seats.... EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 11:29 pm

The safest way is back facing, regardless of size & age

So keep them rear facing as long as the seat will accommodate them, with Izzy it was 1 in her infant carrier, but I have since had her in another infant seat with was to 15kg, and although she fitted in it she wouldn't stay in it as it was very flat
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: on the topic of car seats....   on the topic of car seats.... EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 11:35 pm

I didnt put callum forward facing till after his 1st birthday x Hes weights not great and i just felt safer him being rear facing x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: on the topic of car seats....   on the topic of car seats.... Empty

Back to top Go down

on the topic of car seats....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
on the topic of car seats.... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
on the topic of car seats.... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
on the topic of car seats.... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
on the topic of car seats.... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
on the topic of car seats.... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
on the topic of car seats.... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
on the topic of car seats.... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
on the topic of car seats.... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
on the topic of car seats.... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
on the topic of car seats.... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
on the topic of car seats.... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
on the topic of car seats.... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
on the topic of car seats.... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
on the topic of car seats.... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
on the topic of car seats.... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words