Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Maternity Clothes....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:21 am

Hi ladies, just wondered where you all recommend buying Maternity Clothes from?? What did you find the most comfortable?? xx
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:22 am

For jeans definately newlook i still wear mine now Embarassed there so comfy and good price aswell xx
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:24 am

I could only afford 'reasonable' prices, and found ASDA & ?Peacocks (the E-vie range...is that peacocks??) by far the best.

I actually didnt rate Mothercare at all....but maybe thats due to me being a bigger mummy, but there clothes were really uncomfy!

Next were Ok too...

17 + weeks Chick!!!! Where the heck is the time going????
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:26 am

Dont buy off ebay! It migh be cheaper but i got 4 pairs mat jeans andcant wear a single one of em as despite them being size 18 and fitting me in the waist they seem to be designed for fat birds who still have thighs like baby giraffes Evil or Very Mad

Im now living in joggers cos im too tight to buy anymore and can highly reccomend lots of nice soft joggers instead of mat clothes if you dont mind being a slummy mummy
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:27 am

I liked new look too. Got a couple of funky t-shirts there.

I also found Primark in a size bigger for tops where fine. Alot of their tops where quite long in style anyway and as they only cost a cpl £ I didnt mind them stretching a bit.
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:28 am

I had mine from next, on ebay though, I''m too chap to pay next prices for something I only wore for 3 months

I had all my tops from primark, they are long so cover bump really weel just got a size up
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:30 am

asos were great, especially when they have a sale on! i got jeans from new look but i didn't like the tops. also got a really long vest top from dorothy perkins that i wore under my normal tops to cover my bump, i still wear it now! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:31 am

I didn't buy too many maternity things, I lived in leggings with a fit and flare dress or tunic top over, for basics asda were great and then I had one or two nice things from topshop,
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:41 am

Fab, thanks ladies.....I know Lisa I dont know where the time is going either. I seem to have had a right growth spurt the last week or so and bubs has a wriggle on most of the time now, bless her!

I have stocked up on leggings and have quite a few long tops...and I bought an I love my bump top last week too.

Just after a few pairs of black trousers for work and a pair of jeans, can't decide whether to get skinny jeans though or slouch ones hmmm! xx
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:41 am

i was lucky and didnt buy anything other than a couple of tops from h&m.

i have alot of boyfriend jeans and linen trousers (prazza) and lived in those
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:43 am

New Look done some lovely stuff but not all stores stock maternaty, peacocks and littlewoods were the best x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:46 am

Id get slouchy jeans if I was you, or at least ones with alot of stretch. Maybe I was a bit of a piggy but I got size 14 mat jeans from new look I think- they had stretchy panels at side. Anyway by the time I was about 32 weeks my ar$e and hips had expanded and they dug in too much.

I ended up going to M&S in the June and buying size 20 cut off combats thinking id another 8-9 weeks of growth left. My bump stopped growing at 34 wks Rolling Eyes so they ended up slipping a bit but were far comfier than my too tight mat jeans!
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 7:17 am

next next next Very Happy and new look for jumper dresses (although can't really wear them now cos its rather unsightly to breastfeed in a dress haha)
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 7:18 am

I swore by H&M clothes, really comfy and good maternity section and very reasonably priced
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 7:42 am

new look is by far the best for jeans. but I also got a couple of lovely tops from next.

oh gap as well but thats pretty expensive x
Back to top Go down
RosP

RosP

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 7:52 am

I have a fantastic pair of black work trousers from Funmum (sold in independent stockists or online). They are comfortable, stretchy, stay up, wash well and don't look like maternity trousers.

I also don't recommend ebay - nothing I got from there fitted properly.

When buying tops bear in mind that you will be hotter than usual and that you need tops to BF in whilst your bump is shrinking back down - some blouses / loose T-shirts are useful.
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 7:58 am

Has H&M been suggested? (I'm a bit bleary eyed...!) they have some nice bits inc. tops you can wear now and that are also nursing tops - and I can't rave enough about their regular strappy vest tops Very Happy Probably as I literally have a drawer full Embarassed stretchy so grow with you, great for layering and come in two lengths - the longer being best to cover bump Smile

Next do good work trousers and I'm sure dorothy perkins have some bits too scratch

Matalan is pants for selection but have a couple of things - often if you look in the +size section though there are elasticated waist trousers that are comfy for the inbetween months - good idea to try things on though as bumpage can make things fit and feel v.different. x
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:33 am

I got some lovely jeans from Mama's and Papa's that I've stashed away in case I get to wear them again. Although they're more expensive they have LOADS of styles and leg lengths. With you being tall like me they may be your best bet as I always found Next to short. I still wear all my M+P vest tops, infact I bought more as they're so comfy and don't ride up!
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:47 am

oooo - M&P have a sale on with £10 jeans I'm sure...!
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:48 am

Yip - http://www.mamasandpapas.com/range/denim-10euro16/6144/
Order the catalogue - get a £5 voucher inside too Wink
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:55 am

I bought pretty much all my mat cloths from ebay..and they were lovely! I have 3 giant tupperware bins full of clothes that include everything from old navy-gap-motherhood tonnes! To buy brand new is ridiculous as it's sooo expensive. I also loved loved those Bella bands and button extenders which allowed me to wear my regular jeans and pants for a lot longer than normally allowed.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 7:35 pm

Ooooh 10 pound jeans look good, maybe some of the boyfriend or carpenter ones might actually fit my thunderthighs! Will go lookee on payday
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 9:32 pm

I got some work trousers from Dorothy Perkins for £9 (reduced from £28 to £12 then got a 25% discount code), and they are sooooo comfy!!

Also just got some jeans off Ebay for 99p, £4 in total inc. postage so that was a bargain.

With Libby I got the bulk of my clothes from Newlook and Peacocks (my local ones have stopped stocking maternity though Mad ).

xx
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

About Me!
My Name: Amy

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 10:20 pm

New look, peacocks, asda and matalan were where i got all my clothes from i think x
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 2:51 am

I just lived in joggy bottoms most of the time. Although I did get some nice jeans and linen pants from New look, they were so comfy. Also some from Littlewoods. I didn't really get any tops as all my tops were kinda long-line tops anyway.

I did get some 'Bump band's' though and really recommend them. They offer great support for your bump and also allow you to wear your normal tops but without flashing the bump off - it just looks like you've gone for the layered look Smile
I got mine off ebay but they sell them in New look too - 3 for £10
http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/maternity/3pack-bump-band_167193499?icSort=-bestSellerScore&extcam=ppc_ggl_ukw_3812&tmcampid=50&tmad=c&tmplaceref=ppc_ggl_ukw_3812&gclid=CKDM693WpaUCFVH-2AodEXq9HQ
They are also really good when you've had baby to tuck in your baby belly, and you get loads of people say 'Oooo, you look so good to say you've just had a baby!!' Laughing Laughing Also good for breastfeeding as it hides the belly when your required to lift your top up a bit Wink

....and - they keep ya belly/bump warm in winter santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Maternity Clothes.... _
PostSubject: Re: Maternity Clothes....   Maternity Clothes.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Maternity Clothes....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Maternity Clothes.... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Maternity Clothes.... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Maternity Clothes.... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Maternity Clothes.... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Maternity Clothes.... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Maternity Clothes.... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Maternity Clothes.... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Maternity Clothes.... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Maternity Clothes.... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Maternity Clothes.... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Maternity Clothes.... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Maternity Clothes.... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Maternity Clothes.... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Maternity Clothes.... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Maternity Clothes.... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words