Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

absolutely gutted over cal diference

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

absolutely gutted over cal diference _
PostSubject: absolutely gutted over cal diference   absolutely gutted over cal diference EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:01 am

i have been doing up to 2hour workouts...treadmill registers it as 1500 calories

now i've been basing my eating by this...e.g if i fancy a mince pie..i have the cals to do so, if i want a pizza..i've earned it so can have it

anyways i did a bit of research and apparently the machines...treadmills, xtrainers even the wii, can be wrong by up to 50% in either direction

so i bought a heart rate monitor and did a workout with it again....treadmill said 1500....HRM said 900....am absolutely gutted!!

the weight is slowly coming off....have lost 26lb(1st 12lb) and i have 26lb to go...but it feels like all my hard work is for bugger all...i expected to be burning at least 1100-1200 in that time Sad

sorry, just had to have a lil mini rant
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: absolutely gutted over cal diference   absolutely gutted over cal diference EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:16 am

aww hen, u know slow and steady is better thou. ur loosing it at a nice steady pace and im betting ur looking great. i know u said ur very strict but u do deserver those treats u work hard for Smile
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: absolutely gutted over cal diference   absolutely gutted over cal diference EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:22 am

i HAVE to burn minimum 1000 or i freak out that it's not enough....even though i'm rarely eating past 1200cals.

i have a total obsession with numbers...last time i lost the weight i was the same...but this time i just don't have the time to do 4hours in a gym...an hour and a half is the max i can really be selfish enough to leave sam looking after the kids
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: absolutely gutted over cal diference   absolutely gutted over cal diference EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:36 am

Kenty your not being selfish hun, i really worry that your putting too much pressure on yourself.
1000cals is a crazy amount to burn in one day, never mind 1500. I completly understand your need and want to loose weight and be the slim confident person that you were! 26lbs is f-ucking amazing if you ask me!
The number counting thing almost sounds like ocd?

I don't mean to sound horrible, i just really would hate to hear that you were making yourself ill just for the sake of a few calories.
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: absolutely gutted over cal diference   absolutely gutted over cal diference EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 9:02 am

26lbs to me is naff all....nothing is going to be good enough until the whole 52lbs is gone....this is the 2nd time i'm llosing about 50lbs(was 54lbs last time) so i need to be harsh with myself or i'll just stay at this weight Sad

i have a very obsessiver personality, i am constantly obsessing about calories, fat contents, now it's even fibre and carb contents too!!

physically i'm healthy as can be...mentally i'm an obsessive mess lol
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: absolutely gutted over cal diference   absolutely gutted over cal diference EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 1:03 pm

dude! i dont mean this in a bad way but all this obsessing can end up looking like a type of eating disorder. something like Anorexia nervosa.i hope ur being careful. dont be too strict.
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: absolutely gutted over cal diference   absolutely gutted over cal diference EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 11:22 pm

It doesn't sound healthy to me hun BUT if your feeling good then well done to you, just make sure you don't take it to far xxxxxx
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: absolutely gutted over cal diference   absolutely gutted over cal diference EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 6:52 am

i know i have some kind of eating disorder....if it's over a certain fat/calorie content i refuse point blank to eat it...but after being a size 18 as a teen, then losing it to being a size 6-8(very toned i might add) i would despise myself if i allowed myself to get that big again.

i have a very unhealthy attitude to food and the last thing i want is for it to rub off on the kids(my niece at 2yrs old refused to eat a meal cos she thought she was fat, after being around me Sad ) but at the same time, i HAVE to lose the weight to be happier in myself.

i'm doing 10mile walks most days because i know it burns about 1000cals(did it with HRM today and it's actually 1200!! was well chuffed)
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: absolutely gutted over cal diference   absolutely gutted over cal diference EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 8:20 am

Wow Hun, you certainly are determined and i know as well as you that you will NEVER be how you were, and also that nothing we can say will change your attitude towards food, thats something you have to deal with.
I really hope you get to the weight you want!
When you get there what if its not good enough? thats what worries me, will you be able to stop yourself from being so worried about calorie intake?
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: absolutely gutted over cal diference   absolutely gutted over cal diference EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 8:31 am

i'll never stop worrying about calorie intake...but i'm realistic enough to know that 9stone is the maximum my body will allow me to get to and that once i reach the goal weight it's all about maintaining and toning rather than trying to lose weight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: absolutely gutted over cal diference   absolutely gutted over cal diference Empty

Back to top Go down

absolutely gutted over cal diference

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Life :: Healthy Living-
Latest topics
» Spotting
absolutely gutted over cal diference Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
absolutely gutted over cal diference Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
absolutely gutted over cal diference Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
absolutely gutted over cal diference Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
absolutely gutted over cal diference Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
absolutely gutted over cal diference Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
absolutely gutted over cal diference Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
absolutely gutted over cal diference Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
absolutely gutted over cal diference Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
absolutely gutted over cal diference Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
absolutely gutted over cal diference Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
absolutely gutted over cal diference Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
absolutely gutted over cal diference Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
absolutely gutted over cal diference Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
absolutely gutted over cal diference Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words