Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

sky or virgin?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

sky or virgin?  _
PostSubject: sky or virgin?    sky or virgin?  EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:48 am

who are you with and whats in your package?

for 92 a month we get

-all the channels incl movies and sports
- the internet
- phone line
- extra box

now sky came to my door last night and have promised me the same for 72 but to be honest I didnt like the pair of fools that were trying to sell it. They were winding up my cat through the window doors at the front and just being really arrogant. we were quite obviously all just in the door, hannah and the cat were wanting to their dinner, my oh was trying to cook and I had the hoover out trying to clean up and they were pushing and pushing to come in etc.

but anyway after thinking about it we dont think we should be paying this much for what we get and we were thinking of phoning virgin and telling them to see if they would offer us a deal? because I want to save money obviously but I do want to stay with virgin too

Back to top Go down
Kinkyangel

Kinkyangel

About Me!
My Name: Clare
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

sky or virgin?  _
PostSubject: Re: sky or virgin?    sky or virgin?  EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:54 am

I would say go for Sky! We have broadband from Virgin and they are pants!! We get tv from Sky and they are fab!!

We are just waiting for our 30 days with Virgin to be up and then our broadband will be with Sky!

xxx
Back to top Go down
sunshinedust

sunshinedust

Edit MY profile

sky or virgin?  _
PostSubject: Re: sky or virgin?    sky or virgin?  EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 2:41 am

Virgin should do you a deal if you call up, we are with virgin for everything and my other half swears by virgin internet..we have 50meg and it's brill, I am not sure about their basic package..sky tv is good but he says their net is bad apparently Smile
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

sky or virgin?  _
PostSubject: Re: sky or virgin?    sky or virgin?  EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 2:43 am

I would ring them both, they often make up deals on the spot to get/keep your custom. Its all about haggling Laughing
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

sky or virgin?  _
PostSubject: Re: sky or virgin?    sky or virgin?  EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 2:51 am

haha i may be a bit petty, but although i find both fairly horrible to deal with, i have had more aggravating experiences with sky salesmen (just like yours) and have found them really rude and arrogant, so will never use their service Smile
Back to top Go down
Ashley & Kyle

Edit MY profile

sky or virgin?  _
PostSubject: Re: sky or virgin?    sky or virgin?  EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:54 am

With Virgin we get:

10MB Broadband (L package)

Over 165 TV Channels (XL package, everything apart from Movies & Sports)

Unlimited UK weekend calls (M package, we don't use the housephone at all though)

for £41 a month.

I think Virgin are so much better than Sky, sure you have SkyAnytime but it doesn't have programs like Eastenders etc. I love Virgins Catch Up & Tv Choice on demand stuff. I've been with Sky & they say a price but it goes up x amount every year! Virgin is more expensive but if you call to say Sky have offered you this this this, I'm sure they'd do you a deal Wink
Back to top Go down
Ashley & Kyle

Edit MY profile

sky or virgin?  _
PostSubject: Re: sky or virgin?    sky or virgin?  EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:56 am

Oooh also, with Virgin, the net that you pay for (10mb or w/e) is actually the speed you get. Ours is the basic package & it's brill! With Sky it depends on your area, what speed you'll get. My parents were paying the top package for internet with Sky but only getting 8mb, I soon sorted them out! lol
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

sky or virgin?  _
PostSubject: Re: sky or virgin?    sky or virgin?  EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 4:18 am

Im with virgin and am happy!

For £37 a month we get

Unlimited anytime landline calls (24/7) Size XL
Size L TV, has all the ones I like eg freeview channels + living, sky1, MTV, a cpl kids ones, cpl music, cpl documentary ones etc.... The best thing I like is catch up on demand. Getting to watch Eastenders anytime is great!
And size M broadband, think its 10Mb but I dont download really and its all I need for FB , ebay and forums etc.

I cant imagine paying £92 a month for tv/phone packages!!! Do you need superfast internet and do you watch all the channels??? Shocked We dont have a recorder or HD box so that prob makes ours cheaper too.... Recently for £55-60 a month virgin offered us all the channels, an hd box, 10mb internet and free weekend calls. I turned it down because I use the landline all the time and wouldnt watch all the channels.
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

sky or virgin?  _
PostSubject: Re: sky or virgin?    sky or virgin?  EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:26 am

stephandhannah wrote:
who are you with and whats in your package?

for 92 a month we get

-all the channels incl movies and sports
- the internet
- phone line
- extra box

now sky came to my door last night and have promised me the same for 72 but to be honest I didnt like the pair of fools that were trying to sell it. They were winding up my cat through the window doors at the front and just being really arrogant. we were quite obviously all just in the door, hannah and the cat were wanting to their dinner, my oh was trying to cook and I had the hoover out trying to clean up and they were pushing and pushing to come in etc.

but anyway after thinking about it we dont think we should be paying this much for what we get and we were thinking of phoning virgin and telling them to see if they would offer us a deal? because I want to save money obviously but I do want to stay with virgin too

I only pay £45 per month for, every channel, sky + HD and 1 multi room, phone line rental, wireless broadband.

Before you book anyone go to virgin and tell them what sky have offered you, then go to sky and tell them what virging have offered you. Do this as many times as you can till they say they cant go any lower. We got a fantastic deal with sky by doing this xxx
Back to top Go down
michellenevan

michellenevan

Edit MY profile

sky or virgin?  _
PostSubject: Re: sky or virgin?    sky or virgin?  EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 6:10 am

i am sky and i love it i was virgin but i changed

our price per month varies but i think its set at £80 we get free anytime calls max broadboand speed and all the channels including all movies and sports!
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

sky or virgin?  _
PostSubject: Re: sky or virgin?    sky or virgin?  EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 7:21 am

snoopy no we dont NEED all the channels but my uncle is autistic and he lives with us so we are unsure about changing things like this as he watches a lot of sport and sometimes he will watch a movie at night. I dont want to upset anything in his life as it was a big change for him living with us.

my oh gets good use out of the sports though. and we dont have the fastest internet.

mara that sounds good but I will not be going with the guys who came to my door. maybe im being petty but surely you can realise when someone is just in from work and doesnt want to be bothered. they could have had the decency to maybe try and arrange another time even an hour later would have been more suitable.

x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

sky or virgin?  _
PostSubject: Re: sky or virgin?    sky or virgin?  EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:02 am

I was just curious as to whether people do watch all the channels. I have the size L package but I only watch about 10-15 of my fave channels. It was the internet I was asking if you needed, I know some people who pay for faster broadband, but as they dont download its not really necessary and companys try and make you feel it is.

Iv worked with adults with learning disabilitys and understand they need routine etc, i wasnt getting at you. Was just trying to save you money. x
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

sky or virgin?  _
PostSubject: Re: sky or virgin?    sky or virgin?  EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:05 am

No I know you were not getting at me Smile if it were just me and oh we would have a basic package. so no people dont watch all the channels Laughing

Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

sky or virgin?  _
PostSubject: Re: sky or virgin?    sky or virgin?  EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:10 am

Phew lol!

I think they deliberately mix the packages so you feel you need a bigger one even though you dont watch half the channels you've already got. Since upgrading from the basic package I couldnt go back - Id miss my daily dose of Maury Laughing
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

sky or virgin?  _
PostSubject: Re: sky or virgin?    sky or virgin?  EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:12 am

I also think when you dont have something you really want it. and if you didnt have the movie package you would scroll through the movies thinking I want to see that, and that and that but I have them and theres never anything decent on lol

Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

sky or virgin?  _
PostSubject: Re: sky or virgin?    sky or virgin?  EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:20 am

I think ours i about £50 per month for sky- we have every channel known to man (feels like most of them sport!) and the sky +. Think the internet is free. We do pay BT extra for the phone also.

If it were down to me i would prob only have the basic channels and sky+ because i LOVE it! It keeps Dan quiet though Smile
Back to top Go down
kab

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

sky or virgin?  _
PostSubject: Re: sky or virgin?    sky or virgin?  EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:03 am

we are with sky and the tv costs us £55 a month alone!!
Back to top Go down
marie

marie

Edit MY profile

sky or virgin?  _
PostSubject: Re: sky or virgin?    sky or virgin?  EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Well my partner works for virgin, so we get a good deal,loadsa people seem to hate virgin, but even befor i met my other half, i was with them and never had any trouble x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

sky or virgin?  _
PostSubject: Re: sky or virgin?    sky or virgin?  Empty

Back to top Go down

sky or virgin?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
sky or virgin?  Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
sky or virgin?  Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
sky or virgin?  Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
sky or virgin?  Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
sky or virgin?  Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
sky or virgin?  Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
sky or virgin?  Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
sky or virgin?  Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
sky or virgin?  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
sky or virgin?  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
sky or virgin?  Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
sky or virgin?  Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
sky or virgin?  Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
sky or virgin?  Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
sky or virgin?  Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words