Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

pregnancy is not an illness

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

pregnancy is not an illness _
PostSubject: pregnancy is not an illness   pregnancy is not an illness EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:02 am

ahh hate it when people say that. theres this pregnant woman at work and everyone is going on about how she is using her pregnancy as an excuse...makes me wonder if they were saying that about me when i was pg and had my head down the loo every 5 mins and could barley focus
ok so i know some probibly do play on it a bit, but unless you have experienced that constant fatigue and morning sickness then they should kep there bloody comments to themself
no pregnancy isnt an illness but sure as hell makes a lot of women feel like shit Mad

rant over lol x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy is not an illness   pregnancy is not an illness EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:04 am

As someone who *$%£ appalling at being preg i agree with you. I do whatever i can when pg but i feel basically terrible majority of the time and amsure im being bitched about for being off work
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy is not an illness   pregnancy is not an illness EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:17 am

you have more reason than most to be having time off with your bp problems especially considering your previous pregnancy problems...fook what people think x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy is not an illness   pregnancy is not an illness EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:17 am

Before having Caitlin i'l hold my hands up, I probably did ponder whether pg was that bad... particualrly in the early stages. But my god the tiredness of the first 12 weeks!!! Shocked I was working 930-530pm and asleep every night by 7 and sleeping through. Stuart barely saw me as I still lived at mums. I have every sympathy for pg people now!

I got my bFP in the nov and my manager had me down to work 48hrs + a week, doing 9-9's in Dec as I was in retail. I had to get her to put me back down to 37.5 as I couldnt cope, pretty sure they talked about me. She knew I was pg as i told her as soon as I found out as my job involved climbing and lifting.

Mario I dont know how the hell you managed nights and a toddler!!! Hat off to you for the 1st 17 weeks! And even now I cant imagine being that tired/ill and looking after C.
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy is not an illness   pregnancy is not an illness EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:23 am

i know what you mean snoopy, even people like mil who had no pregnancy symptoms probibly struggle to realise how ill it actually makes some people. like my mum, with two of her pregnancies she spent 3 months going to hospital every day to have a drip as she couldnt even keep down water x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy is not an illness   pregnancy is not an illness EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:29 am

I worked in a family business and only the owners wife, and 1 older woman had had a baby. There was bout 15 female staff aged 17-28 all childless, skinny, pretty and mostly from rich families/related to owner.
They had no clue about pg. I wasnt allowed a seat at the till due to health and safety of others????. I got hlf hr for lunch and sometimes I got last lunch & had to wait until 3pm, only after a docs letter did they provide me a seat at fire escape and once an hr I could ask for a 10 min sit down if my back was bad.

You wonder why I didnt go back after mat leave? Laughing They didnt even give me a date to return and wouldnt meet to discuss reducing my hrs if I did return. PRATS Laughing

I was sick during pg, but thank god I wasnt as bad as some of the poor women who get terrible morning sickness and end up in hospital.
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy is not an illness   pregnancy is not an illness EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:35 am

bloody hell snoopy, morning sickness or not the extra weight you have to carry around is exhausting enough and they wouldnt even let you have a chair Shocked yeah no wonder you didnt go back x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy is not an illness   pregnancy is not an illness EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:19 pm

Thats terrible snoops. Ibet you were glad to leave!

My last shift before going sick they left me in the resus room on my own with 3 really sick patients and when i asked for help said there was no one spare. Started at 1930 got a drink at 0230 and they wonder why i ended up with chest pain! Sister on duty-no kids and always asking me to 'just shove this bed to a ward' or 'move this person up the bed' with her (usuall 20 stone and totally immobile) and like a mug i did it because didnt want ppl bitching about me.

Still waiting for my risk assessment too so if do get signed back on in cpl weeks might have to make sure it gets done now
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy is not an illness   pregnancy is not an illness EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:17 pm

I've been very lucky in bothand have felt very well, but with this one I did take 1 afternoon off because the night before I passed out and my bosses were not happy about it. The trouble is I work with 2 male bosses and another lad and they have NO clue, the lad said to me the other I should run to a shop next door because it was raining, I turned around and said 'this bump isn't hollow, it does have a baby and loads of water, its very heavy!'

Last time I took alot of shit from them but not prepared to this time!!!

So yep, I agree it isn't an illness but it's bloody knackering!! xxx
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy is not an illness   pregnancy is not an illness EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:34 pm

OMG I hate people who think pregnancy is effortless lol, my old job was awful for it, didn't give me a risk assesment til 18 weeks, and promised me another one but didn't do it. At one point they were re-decorating the dining room (I worked at a hotel) and they had pushed all the tables and chairs into the middle of the room to paint the walls, they normally finished by 5pm and the evening receptionist was supposed to set them for breakfast. Well one morning I walked in (6 months pregnant) and the tables were not set and they were still in the middle of the room so I had to move them all and set them within half an hour as people were down for breakfast at half 7!! I had to move 11 tables and god knows how many chairs.... then the maintenance man got in at about 8 and I told him what happened, and he had the cheek to say "well you're pregnant, not disabled" Grrrrrr!!!!! xx
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy is not an illness   pregnancy is not an illness EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 12:21 am

I think for some pregnancy is an illness tbh! Personally I spent the whole of my pregnancy and I mean every single day spewing up at lest 20 times, before I was put on sickness meds it was closer to 50 I could keep nothing down not even water and was on a drip every week untill 20 weeks when they finally told me there was tablets I could take to ease it Rolling Eyes Then I got bad SPD and could barely move for the second half and to top it off I very nearly died while having Ollie to the point where my family was called in to say their goodbyes to me!

I don't know any other 'illness' that makes you feel shit for so long and if anyone has the cheek to say to me this time,' your only pregnant' I wont be responsible for my actions! Unless they've actually experienced a bad pregnancy themselves they have no right to comment!
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy is not an illness   pregnancy is not an illness EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 3:44 am

olliesmammy wrote:
I think for some pregnancy is an illness tbh! Personally I spent the whole of my pregnancy and I mean every single day spewing up at lest 20 times, before I was put on sickness meds it was closer to 50 I could keep nothing down not even water and was on a drip every week untill 20 weeks when they finally told me there was tablets I could take to ease it Rolling Eyes Then I got bad SPD and could barely move for the second half and to top it off I very nearly died while having Ollie to the point where my family was called in to say their goodbyes to me!

I don't know any other 'illness' that makes you feel shit for so long and if anyone has the cheek to say to me this time,' your only pregnant' I wont be responsible for my actions! Unless they've actually experienced a bad pregnancy themselves they have no right to comment!

HEAR F-ING HEAR!!!
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy is not an illness   pregnancy is not an illness EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 4:00 am

I was really lucky and had a good 9months. But what annoyed me was when I got on bus and it was jammed packed at rush hr one week before giving birth. Two old woman yap, yap, yapping I was leaning kinda on the bar. and stupid cow said "I hope she don't expect us to get up because she forgot to use protection" I look young i'm 30 now and still look 21 Razz and waited years for my wee girl but that's *$%£ all to do with her... arrrgh she still annoys me lol
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy is not an illness   pregnancy is not an illness EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 8:36 am

olliesmammy wrote:

wow you did have a hard time of it didnt you Sad
your right unless you have been through it you dont have a right to comment! compared to you i had it easy but for the 1st 16weeks could hardley move and couldnt keep anything down,strange how different people are effected by pregnancy differentley

strangley enough, all the women making these comments either dont have kids or had easy pregnancies themself Rolling Eyes
im hoping with pg number 3 i will be lucky and have no symptoms Laughing x
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy is not an illness   pregnancy is not an illness EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 8:42 am

I'm hoping this ones easier, only a couple episodes of sickness so far! So I'm keeping my fingers crossed x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy is not an illness   pregnancy is not an illness EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 8:46 am

Im not holding my breath...
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy is not an illness   pregnancy is not an illness EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 9:15 am

Neither am I Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy is not an illness   pregnancy is not an illness EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 9:10 pm

Hey! you have shiny gold stars too!
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy is not an illness   pregnancy is not an illness EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 12:23 am

Oh wow! Yay I'm special! haha Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: pregnancy is not an illness   pregnancy is not an illness Empty

Back to top Go down

pregnancy is not an illness

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
pregnancy is not an illness Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
pregnancy is not an illness Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
pregnancy is not an illness Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
pregnancy is not an illness Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
pregnancy is not an illness Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
pregnancy is not an illness Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
pregnancy is not an illness Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
pregnancy is not an illness Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
pregnancy is not an illness Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
pregnancy is not an illness Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
pregnancy is not an illness Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
pregnancy is not an illness Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
pregnancy is not an illness Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
pregnancy is not an illness Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
pregnancy is not an illness Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words