Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Opinions required - Im so unsure???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Opinions required - Im so unsure??? _
PostSubject: Opinions required - Im so unsure???   Opinions required - Im so unsure??? EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 6:01 am

Evenin ladies,

Since Jess was born she has battled every single milk feed, she behaves like im trying to feed her poison - she thrashes about, she spits it out, and after refusing all morning and most of the afternoon she eventually gives in and takes what she needs.........every day has been the same! I have had her to the Dr's and they say silent reflux, so shes on gaviscon in her milk (which is prescription stuff too, but tastes like normal formula)

So 2 days ago, I thought I would try her with a tiny taste of Hipp 4mth Rice pudding.......she absolutely loved it! Yesterday we tried Banana pudding......woofed half a jar! Today we have tried another one, and half a jar gone in superfast time again!!!

Would you start giving a bigger selection of purees now?? Will she still take enough milk? What is the right amount of milk for a 4mth old if taking purees too?

Im so confused.....I was adamant not to wean early this time, but it would appear she wants to!!! Im just worried if her little tums ready, and its gonna knock out some milk isnt it??

HELP!!! xxx
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions required - Im so unsure???   Opinions required - Im so unsure??? EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 6:25 am

The guidelines say 6 months now - my eldest is 11 years and he was weaned at 3 months, my next child is 6 yrs and the guideline was 4 months, now it's 6 months so tbh it what feels right to you! My sister weaned her 1st daughter at 9 weeks (she wouldn't stop drinking breastfed and doing my sister in- feeding all day all night)
I'm not sure on the milk amounts isn't it breakfast bottle, late afternoon and bedtime ???
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions required - Im so unsure???   Opinions required - Im so unsure??? EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 6:26 am

Well the way I believe it is that when a baby is early weaned they should still take the normal amount of milk with food on top of that - that's for early weaners who have no other issues other than milk isn't enough

With Jess though its not like that as she doesnt really take much milk - but certainly don't let her take less than what she is now as she needs the milk more than the food.
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions required - Im so unsure???   Opinions required - Im so unsure??? EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 8:26 am

I have to say speaking as someone whos had a badly refluxy baby weaning early was a godsend for me. I wudnt wanna see er milk intake drop too much but to keep it up if shes gonna battle you in mornings make her purees wit formula to thin em, add cheese etc. I think its about 20 oz she shud be taking with food but if it works to help her then id say go for it
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions required - Im so unsure???   Opinions required - Im so unsure??? EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 8:37 am

The way im thinking at the mo is that all morning, up until about 2pm she takes a grand total of about 6-8oz.....

but she will take her rice pud quite nicely! I give her a couple of ounces before, and carry on with more milk about an hr after the food.

I think I will carry on but monitor her daily milk intake. On her weight she should take between 28-32 ounces a day.

Thanks ladies xxx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions required - Im so unsure???   Opinions required - Im so unsure??? EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 8:39 am

I weaned my first baby at 3 months (as advised in those days) my second at 4 months and ellie at 4 months. In my opinion it was right for my babies. Ellie eats really well now but still has 3 9oz bottles per day.

You just need to find what suits jessica and do your best to keep the milk intake up or to ensure she's getting her calcium in other products.

It sounds to me as if you're doing a great job.
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions required - Im so unsure???   Opinions required - Im so unsure??? EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 8:57 am

Immi wasn't refluxy or anything but refused milk a lot at that age. We weaned at 4months and used the purees to add milk to get her intake up and this worked really well for us.. I would give her her morning bottle then use what was left to add to a puree/baby rice/porridge and repeat for dinner.
x
Back to top Go down
Miss B

Miss B

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions required - Im so unsure???   Opinions required - Im so unsure??? EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 10:05 am

apparently, the HV's are advising to always give the child their milk first and then the solid. iv never done it this way and still dont! she still needs the same amount of milk she would even on solids. mibi give her half the bottle, a solid and then rest of bottle?/
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions required - Im so unsure???   Opinions required - Im so unsure??? EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 9:50 pm

If she doesn't take her formula then I agree just use the formula to make up porridges and things you'll prob end up getting more formula in to her that way... you never know she might suddenly decide she will take soem from the bottle too! Smile
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions required - Im so unsure???   Opinions required - Im so unsure??? EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 11:08 pm

paige had reflux n we started her off at 4 months with the whole weaning thing.
but still they need the same amouth of milk untill baout 6 months when they should start to drop a couple of oz in a day.

i reqally dont know hun. but i was told when i was weaning paige to give her, her bottle and then food x
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions required - Im so unsure???   Opinions required - Im so unsure??? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 12:48 am

At four months I gave Harry his food first then his milk, he dropped two bottles before the age of 6 months, and he is healthy and developing brilliantly so I wasn't too concerned and neither should you be as its clear she prefers her solids to milk, just mix in the milk with the purees and baby rice xx
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions required - Im so unsure???   Opinions required - Im so unsure??? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 3:44 am

Its more about the iron and calcium than the amount of milk anyway tbh, i used to mix cheese into everything to give her extra which my hv said was fine as she could at times be a sod for milk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions required - Im so unsure???   Opinions required - Im so unsure??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Opinions required - Im so unsure???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Opinions required - Im so unsure??? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Opinions required - Im so unsure??? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Opinions required - Im so unsure??? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Opinions required - Im so unsure??? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Opinions required - Im so unsure??? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Opinions required - Im so unsure??? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Opinions required - Im so unsure??? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Opinions required - Im so unsure??? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Opinions required - Im so unsure??? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Opinions required - Im so unsure??? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Opinions required - Im so unsure??? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Opinions required - Im so unsure??? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Opinions required - Im so unsure??? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Opinions required - Im so unsure??? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Opinions required - Im so unsure??? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???