Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Who do you blame????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
deecee24

deecee24

Edit MY profile

Who do you blame???? _
PostSubject: Who do you blame????   Who do you blame???? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 8:05 pm

Hiya

Here's another one for you ladies.

I have a lot of problems with confidence, self image, and am very insecure and can be untrusting of people. I blame my mum and dad's divorce and how they handled me before and afterwards for a lot of the problems i now have with myself.

I was seen as a spoilt brat and all of my mums friends didn't like me in the slightest but that wasn't how i acted. It was how my dad treated me. Needless to say my mum hated my dad. Lots i could say but you'd be here forever reading it all.

I think that's what royally f*cked me up and i think that's why i protect myself a lot. I also think that's why i have problems in my relationships. Not just with my OH but my friends and family now.

Who do you blame for your problems?

Dee
x
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Who do you blame???? _
PostSubject: Re: Who do you blame????   Who do you blame???? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 8:57 pm

I don't think I can blame anyone for my insecurities about myself.
I blame my ex for my trust issues and my current oh hasn't helped the problem!

My perspective on family has changed alot since my parents divorced, it was only a few years ago so I was an adult. I just think knowing exactly what was going on has done nothing what so ever for me.
Back to top Go down
deecee24

deecee24

Edit MY profile

Who do you blame???? _
PostSubject: Re: Who do you blame????   Who do you blame???? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 9:00 pm

I was only 11 when they officially seperated but they slept in seperate rooms since i was about 8 or 9. My mum was seeing another man for a good few years before they split. I was moved in with him without my knowledge. He was just there in the new house when we got there.
x
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

Who do you blame???? _
PostSubject: Re: Who do you blame????   Who do you blame???? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 10:39 pm

I don't know if i really blame anyone. I was always really insecure/shy/paranoid from a young age, i think that's just part of my personality.

I do think my Mum should have divorced by Dad a lot earlier, he "worked away" since i was about 8 and sometimes I only saw him once a month, but we all kind of knew he was just having an affair. They didn't actually divorce till i was 14. I think some of that affected me as we just didnt talk about it as a family which meant i never felt comfortable talking about my feelings so my family which lead to a lot of bottled up feelings coming out in a bad way.

But I don't know if I can say I blame anyone. Everyone makes decisions that they think are right at the time, my mum was doing what she thought was best and I can't blame her for that and I guess I can't really blame my Dad for falling in love with someone else and being to scared to tell the family.

x
Back to top Go down
deecee24

deecee24

Edit MY profile

Who do you blame???? _
PostSubject: Re: Who do you blame????   Who do you blame???? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 10:55 pm

I can truly say it's my parents fault. I think i've lost a couple of months of my life as i don't really remember much after the move. It isn't coming back to me at all. As a result of my mums relationship i ended up getting bullied at school and had to move high school cause the guy she shacked us up with was one of my friends grandads. The girl was in my class too so i couldn't escape her. I got bullied, alienated and was alone for a good 6 months with no friends. Every day they would taunt me and beat me up and call me names. It really wasn't a great thing for me.

Dee
x
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

Who do you blame???? _
PostSubject: Re: Who do you blame????   Who do you blame???? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:03 pm

deecee24 wrote:
I can truly say it's my parents fault. I think i've lost a couple of months of my life as i don't really remember much after the move. It isn't coming back to me at all. As a result of my mums relationship i ended up getting bullied at school and had to move high school cause the guy she shacked us up with was one of my friends grandads. The girl was in my class too so i couldn't escape her. I got bullied, alienated and was alone for a good 6 months with no friends. Every day they would taunt me and beat me up and call me names. It really wasn't a great thing for me.

Dee
x

Aww poor you, that sounds awful. Who do you blame???? 466645
Back to top Go down
deecee24

deecee24

Edit MY profile

Who do you blame???? _
PostSubject: Re: Who do you blame????   Who do you blame???? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:07 pm

it was. i kinda went off the rails for a few years after that. x
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Who do you blame???? _
PostSubject: Re: Who do you blame????   Who do you blame???? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:42 pm

I used to blame my dad, but then I had counselling and it made me realise that it's me that is control of my emotions, me who chooses my future and me who can choose to forgive and move on, or dwell on it, so I moved on and I felt like a weight had been lifted. I was 17 when I had counselling and it was the best thing I ever did, I think I'd be a very different person now. You should consider it dee xxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Mario

Edit MY profile

Who do you blame???? _
PostSubject: Re: Who do you blame????   Who do you blame???? EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 7:26 pm

Im inclined to agree with Mandy, i had counselling a few years ago after being off work with stress related depression. It opened my eyes a lot. Maybe some of the person i am stems from childhood but i have the choice on how i deal with it as an adult and im far healthier for having discussed it these days. Ive also learned to accept im a grumpy stroppy mouthy hot tempered doberman and being more aware of it means i try harder to rein it in at the appropriate times rather than behaving like a child then try and pass the buck for my behaviour. I dont always succeed but i do spend far less time on the naughty step these days cos im generally better behaved as ive taken ownership of myself

Sorry i went off at a tangent there, basically to answer your question dee i dont blame anyone for my issues. Childhood for me is only ever a starting point not the final chapter. Id def see if the counselling would help how you feel about things
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

Who do you blame???? _
PostSubject: Re: Who do you blame????   Who do you blame???? EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 7:20 am

I think a lot of the insecurities do stem from childhood. What we do with them and how we handle them as adults does fall on our shoulders. xxx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Who do you blame???? _
PostSubject: Re: Who do you blame????   Who do you blame???? EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 11:22 am

I wanted to put a like against Mandy and Mario's posts because they said exactly what I believe.

I am totally responsible for my own emotions and only I can control them.

We are all a product of our past experiences and it is up to us how we deal with those experiences. A big event like parents divorcing is bound to have a profound effect on you as a child but as an adult you choose to carry the negative emotions of that time with you. You can also choose to accept it as part of your history and remove all emotion from the event (I describe this as seeing memories as if you are watching them on TV and the event happened to someone else).

I agree with the others counselling probably will help you deal with some of the issues. If you can afford it and are ready to cope with it coaching will take you to an even deeper level and help you find the answers to your deep rooted issues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Who do you blame???? _
PostSubject: Re: Who do you blame????   Who do you blame???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who do you blame????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Who do you blame???? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Who do you blame???? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Who do you blame???? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Who do you blame???? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Who do you blame???? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Who do you blame???? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Who do you blame???? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Who do you blame???? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Who do you blame???? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Who do you blame???? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Who do you blame???? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Who do you blame???? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Who do you blame???? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Who do you blame???? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Who do you blame???? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words