Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Making himself sick

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Making himself sick _
PostSubject: Making himself sick   Making himself sick EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 3:12 am

Just recently my LO has been getting himself into such a state (tantrums) that he is making himself physically sick Shocked Usually when he has a tantrum, if I am unable to distract him out of it, I just ignore it..but now this is happening I can't just ignore it - its so upsetting and I can't even disract/snap him out of it. More often than not its usually 'daddy related'...as OH has been home over xmas, if he leaves the room to go for a pee, or like last night he went to get his milk ready whilst I was finishing off getting his pj's on..Oliver got so upset in a matter of seconds and was gagging and was physically sick Sad OH came to see what was going on and Oliver just got all clingy with him and took a good 15mins before he let him go.

Daddy literally can't go anywhere as Oliver kicks off, but we're not sure how to handle it as we feel like we have to give into him or he'll make himself sick. But then Oliver is learning he can get his own way by being sick, but when he does it - its not like he's intentionally doing it, he just get sooooo upset..so its not like we can disapline eh?

What to do, what to do?!

Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

Making himself sick _
PostSubject: Re: Making himself sick   Making himself sick EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 3:57 am

ohhh I dont know for sure what I'd do

What about him explainng to him that he is going to make milk/go a wee etc and that he will be back, and then talking as he goes (a bit like when they got anxious when we left the room as babies)
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Making himself sick _
PostSubject: Re: Making himself sick   Making himself sick EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 6:22 am

I saw something similar on Supernanny on tv. She said its attention seeking and the best way is to ignore it. Just clean him up and carry on as normal so he doesnt ass it with getting his own way. She may have more info on her website hun xx
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Making himself sick _
PostSubject: Re: Making himself sick   Making himself sick EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:03 am

We've tried but over the past couple of days its just got worse..he gets himself in a right state. Its awful to watch Sad OH has tried explaining and talking to him all the while but O just creates until he's in daddy's arms.

I'll check out the website. I've been trying not to acknowledge it but then I feel bad cos it doesn't seem like he's doing it deliberately and when he is sick he gets all the more upset.
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Making himself sick _
PostSubject: Re: Making himself sick   Making himself sick EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:18 am

I wonder if its like what C used to do (not sure if she still does) I remember Mario saying she passes out kinda thing..and that she doesnt know iit or do it on purpose she just holds her breathe in a paddy

If its that same thing in that they just lose control when they get so frustrated I don't think you can ignore it, cos he wouldnt be doing it on purpose so he's probably quite upset when it happens cos he doesnt understand?
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Making himself sick _
PostSubject: Re: Making himself sick   Making himself sick EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:43 am

It does sound like a similar thing to what C did. That how I feel too, I don't like to ignore it cos he gets even more upset when he's actually been sick, he looks so frightened Sad We've managed to avoid any major tantrums today, but it has involved O being stuck to OH's side allllll-day! (which has been lovely for me, managed to catch up on all my sky+'d things Laughing )
He did have a hissy fit whilst we were all walking back from my mum's as he wanted OH to carry him..screaming down the street and he did gag a wee bit but then he was fine as OH carried him into the house. Rolling Eyes

OH's back to work Tuesday so hopefully things should get back to normal (hopefully) I feel bad cos its been nice having him home, but we need normality back
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Making himself sick _
PostSubject: Re: Making himself sick   Making himself sick EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 10:32 am

awwww I'd just want to hug him, but I dont think that would help!
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

Making himself sick _
PostSubject: Re: Making himself sick   Making himself sick EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:28 am

ah zee braden does this too - he did it for a stage at bedtime - we were cleaning him up bathing him and giving him some attention and so it got more and more frequent.
Its horrible but we had to start ignoring him, literally changing him, bathing him without talking changing his bedding all in silence and putting him straight back into bed and walking off - it was horrible to do and i used to get so stressed knwoing he was going to be sick but it has actually worked - he hasn't done it for about 6 months now!
Hope you get oliver ppast it!
x
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Making himself sick _
PostSubject: Re: Making himself sick   Making himself sick EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 7:17 am

Thanks Nicola. Touch wood he hasn't done it the past 2 nights and i've managed to do his bedtime without him creating for daddy.
I've managed to find the Supernanny episode that amanda mentioned so i'll watch that, but I think i'll just do what you mentioned Nicola and try and not make a fuss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Making himself sick _
PostSubject: Re: Making himself sick   Making himself sick Empty

Back to top Go down

Making himself sick

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Making himself sick Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Making himself sick Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Making himself sick Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Making himself sick Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Making himself sick Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Making himself sick Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Making himself sick Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Making himself sick Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Making himself sick Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Making himself sick Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Making himself sick Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Making himself sick Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Making himself sick Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Making himself sick Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Making himself sick Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words