Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

It is difficult!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

It is difficult!!! _
PostSubject: It is difficult!!!   It is difficult!!! EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 2:40 am

I am trying to watch what I eat a bit more after being a big fat pig over christmas so i have started checking the calorie content of stuff to make me more aware. According to a few websites I should eat 1350 calories a day to lose 1lb per week which i thought sounded ok until i realised that everything has loads of calories in it! I ate a grapefruit thinking it was a good choice and then just found out that even that has got 100 calories in it!

Am i destined to be constantly hungry or has anyone got any tips for filling but low cal foods?? xx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

It is difficult!!! _
PostSubject: Re: It is difficult!!!   It is difficult!!! EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 2:59 am

I dont eat that many calories really, although I do avoid counting them (so in reality I probably eat flipping loads!).

I dont eat breakfast (cant stand it) and I normally have a sarnie at lunch (cheese or chicken) and then have a balanced meal at night.

I rarely snack in the day or at night - unless im pregnant, then I eat about 4 bars of chocolate a night.

I have got a stone to lose after having Lily so I am going to have to start the calorie counting I think (after my meal out tonight Embarassed ).

x
Back to top Go down
Kell

Kell

About Me!
My Name: Kelly
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

It is difficult!!! _
PostSubject: Re: It is difficult!!!   It is difficult!!! EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 4:40 am

I am starting back on my ww diet tomorrow, i'll make a point of calorie counting so i can tell you what i'm eating, Every week i've done it i've lost atleast 1lb.
No you shouldn't be starving all the time.

Sometimes theres more to dieting than just calorie counting i think.
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

It is difficult!!! _
PostSubject: Re: It is difficult!!!   It is difficult!!! EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:54 am

ah it's amazing just how calorie filled foods are!!

potatoes...filling and low cal(i live on jacket spuds)

fill up on veggies...most are low cal

quorn food...i know it's veggie stuff but it's low in fat, low in calories and high in protein...so perfect!

snack-a-jacks are a yummy low cal snack

sugar free jelly is super low cal

i am on a 1200cal a day limit on days i don't exercise and tbh some days it's so hard!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

It is difficult!!! _
PostSubject: Re: It is difficult!!!   It is difficult!!! EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 10:27 am

I never realised how many calories I ate, but a thing (below) about weight gain says this for my weight etc...currently I maintain my weight so must eat 1776...which I thought was quite high? (obviously isn't though!) ..my goal weight is 8st 3lb ish (well thats what I put in the calculator) and it says to maintain that weight when I get there I will need to eat 1827 calories - that seems loads.
Anyway my point being I honestly wouldnt have thought I eat that many - so to cut down to 1200/1300 must be hard!

You need 1776.6 calories per day to maintain your current weight without exercise.

You need 1785.1 calories per day to reach your goal weight slowly and maintain that weight without exercise.

If you reduce your current caloric intake to 1276.6 calories per day you will lose one pound per week without exercise.

If you increase your current caloric intake to 2276.6 calories per day, you will gain one pound per week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Kate

Kate

About Me!

Edit MY profile

It is difficult!!! _
PostSubject: Re: It is difficult!!!   It is difficult!!! EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 10:40 am

Kenty I dont know how you do only 1200 calories on a regular basis as i am getting in a food related mood already!!

Lisa - i know it is just as annoying trying to put on weight as one of my good friends has been trying for years to gain weight and is eating loads and still really thin!

I googled how many calories are in a dominos pizza which we normally have on a Friday and nearly fainted! I reckon if you ate dominos every day you could put on a good 2 stone!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

It is difficult!!! _
PostSubject: Re: It is difficult!!!   It is difficult!!! EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 10:52 am

hahaha well it says bread is good to gain weight and theres good veggies in it! mind you it also says cut down on dairy...errr NO I like my cheese!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

It is difficult!!! _
PostSubject: Re: It is difficult!!!   It is difficult!!! EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 7:31 am

Kate wrote:
Kenty I dont know how you do only 1200 calories on a regular basis as i am getting in a food related mood already!!

i actually come in under 1200cals alot...yesterday for example, i only ate about 800cals...i tend to just eat brekkie, skip lunch and then eat loads in the evening...very bad but with 33lb down it works for me! lol
Back to top Go down
Emmylou

Emmylou

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children:

Edit MY profile

It is difficult!!! _
PostSubject: Re: It is difficult!!!   It is difficult!!! EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:17 am

Kate, I'm trying to lose 2 stone I'm not in a massive hurry, I have downloaded my fitness pal app and use that to calculate all my food intake, and exercise.. My downfall is my sugar, I have 2 in coffee and can't do the replacement chemical things Sad
If you have an iPhone you can download free and it's handy when out shopping

I'm quite taken aback by numbers of calories in things, about 140 in a can of coke ?.. It has really opened my eyes
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!

Edit MY profile

It is difficult!!! _
PostSubject: Re: It is difficult!!!   It is difficult!!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:49 am

Emma'n'Hayden wrote:
Kate, I'm trying to lose 2 stone I'm not in a massive hurry, I have downloaded my fitness pal app and use that to calculate all my food intake, and exercise.. My downfall is my sugar, I have 2 in coffee and can't do the replacement chemical things Sad
If you have an iPhone you can download free and it's handy when out shopping

I'm quite taken aback by numbers of calories in things, about 140 in a can of coke ?.. It has really opened my eyes

I have downloaded that app too and its quite good but i am constantly shocked at how many calories are in things too!! My downfall is lack of exercise, i cant think of any that i can do, i dont have much time with work etc either xx
Back to top Go down
carrieann&JJ

carrieann&JJ

Edit MY profile

It is difficult!!! _
PostSubject: Re: It is difficult!!!   It is difficult!!! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:22 am

i have just have some clebrations :O ooooopppppppssss [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

can i live on sugar free jelly

i am struggling so much so much choc in house!! xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

It is difficult!!! _
PostSubject: Re: It is difficult!!!   It is difficult!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

It is difficult!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Life :: Healthy Living-
Latest topics
» Spotting
It is difficult!!! Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
It is difficult!!! Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
It is difficult!!! Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
It is difficult!!! Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
It is difficult!!! Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
It is difficult!!! Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
It is difficult!!! Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
It is difficult!!! Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
It is difficult!!! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
It is difficult!!! Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
It is difficult!!! Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
It is difficult!!! Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
It is difficult!!! Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
It is difficult!!! Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
It is difficult!!! Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words