Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

im becoming obsessed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
michellenevan

michellenevan

Edit MY profile

im becoming obsessed _
PostSubject: im becoming obsessed   im becoming obsessed EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 5:49 am

with evan and food lol!!

my oh wudnt think anything about giving evan a sweet each day (by a sweet i dont mean full bar of choc maybe a milkyway or a couple of jelly sweets etc) but i have decided i only want him having 1 or 2 sweets a week i jst dont see point in him having sweets he loves fruit n veg and all foods really so can snack on anything and he doesnt know what sweets r so doesnt need them in my opinion
which was fine but now ive found im watching what loads of kids r eating and i cant help myself but comment and im def no angel when it comes to feeding evan he does have healthy meals but if we r having take away or things he will get tins of macaroni or ravioli - not exactly healthy and i will give him some chips if we r out (i dont really make chips in house) and like i said early he does get sweets
but i was at a resturant the other night and sitting to one side of me was this family the little girl couldnt have been much older than evan maybe 3 at the oldest she was in high chair and sat with a small glass of coke and a straw! wtf who gives there kid that age a glass of coke? well i cudnt help myself but stare and kept saying omg they r giving her coke when this other family come sit to other side of us again little girl maybe 4/5 years old and she has kids meal chips n pizza (which yeah i wud have let evan have) and her dad turns n puts salt on her chips! omg how can she need salt? how does she even know the difference between chips with salt and chips without so again i was staring and speaking bout them
then got home and laid down the law to oh about things evan is eating
i certainly dont agree with these kids gettin this sort of stuff but none of my business at the end of the day, if i dont stop obsessing over it tho i think im gonna end not giving evan any treats
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

im becoming obsessed _
PostSubject: Re: im becoming obsessed   im becoming obsessed EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:00 am

Jeez, I have to admit I would never add salt to aimee's chips (or her food) and as for coke... No flipping way!!!

She isn't having anything like that for a long time.

We are lucky in that our parents are also good with food with her because we have drilled into them that they will damage her poorly heart.

Now we just need to educate her not to add salt and drink crap x
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

im becoming obsessed _
PostSubject: Re: im becoming obsessed   im becoming obsessed EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:13 am

omg thats shocking!!!

why put salt on the food? its not the greatest thing ot have nay way so why do it?

i wont give paige coke, but if i have it n she wants a taste i let her other wise she goes mad abou the fact she cant have it.. where as if i give her a little sip she goes off n doesnt think any thing of it.
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

im becoming obsessed _
PostSubject: Re: im becoming obsessed   im becoming obsessed EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:37 am

ok, my brother was giving his kid junk food from about 4-5months..chips, pizza, coke, biscuits and chocolate.....i totally don't agree but not really my place to say anything!

lewis had his first 'chipshop' meal the other day and omg he ate more than i would!! but he only has that if there is absolutely NO other option(we were at family's and all the local shops except the chippy were shut)

the salt thing is appalling...so unnecessary
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

im becoming obsessed _
PostSubject: Re: im becoming obsessed   im becoming obsessed EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:57 am

hmmmm I dont see the harm really

If we have fish and chips it has salt on...and Izzy shares ours..we don't add salt to anything and I buy low salt foods too - so it certainly wont do her any harm. I prefer salt on chips, so who is to say the child didnt prefer it with a bit of salt?

The thing I think people need to remember is what people do when they are out isn't necessarily what goes on as the norm.

When we are out sometimes Izzy has a fruit shoot cos its handy and wont spill - and she tastes my food if we are out, even though it might not be 100& 'toddler food'
I will let her eat a great big sticky pudding if we are out - yet at home she has fruit

If people want to judge me by the tiny % of food intake they have seen Izzy with...then more fool them really cos she eats a healthier diet than most kids and probably the majority of adults!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
Mario

Edit MY profile

im becoming obsessed _
PostSubject: Re: im becoming obsessed   im becoming obsessed EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:11 am

Hmmmm well i def wudnt add salt to c's food and usually ask for her maccy d chips as and when she has it to be done without salt. I also wouldnt let her have a glass of coke but shes been allowed to try a sip of mine before now and isnt all that interested.

But i do think theres a line where it becomes 'forbidden food' then that isnt healthy either. C is a sweet and choc fiend and might have a sweetie or a bit of choc every cpl days, like today i promised her if she walked all the way to the shop and back with me holding my hand id buy her a sweetie and she got a little haribo jelly crocodile. I think moderation should always be considered
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

im becoming obsessed _
PostSubject: Re: im becoming obsessed   im becoming obsessed EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:15 am

I don't think the odd fish and chips, md's, chocolate etc etc is going to harm a child. If it was all the time then yes it would be a problem. H doesn't have sweets or chocolate or sugary cereal or juice but I don't mind an odd cheddar biscuit or chicken nuggets (birds eye) if he eats well at other meals. I'm lucky he loves veg and fruit.
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

im becoming obsessed _
PostSubject: Re: im becoming obsessed   im becoming obsessed EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:02 am

the only thing im mega obsessive about is pop.
my kids wont even be having a sip of it until its taken out of my hands.
if they want fizzy when they are 3/4 then they can have sparkling water with a little cordial in but they wont be having pop.
i used to be really addicted to pop and prob drank about 2 litres a day, now i hardly touch the stuff and have sparkling flavoured waters or just normal sparkling water, unless mixed with alcohol is my weakness lol
x
Back to top Go down
michellenevan

michellenevan

Edit MY profile

im becoming obsessed _
PostSubject: Re: im becoming obsessed   im becoming obsessed EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:04 am

oh dont get me wrong i dont mind evan having chips or mcds or choc
but im now getting obsessed that he is gettin to much of it which we dont often have mcds or chippys maybe once a fortnight and if we have chippy evan gets a couple of my chips and a pickle i give him his own tea before hand
i think its more cos my oh wud happily give evan a bit of choc or a sweet every day and i jst dont feel he needs it daily when he loves healthy snacks and now that im watching evans intake more closely im noticing all around me what ppl feed their kids!
and i dont agree with adding salt, we cant avoid salt all the time on meals it wud be impossible but i dont see the need to add more when the child is at an age they wudnt really understand
or giving fizzy juice evan has tasted fizzy juice more from my dad but i have cut back on buying it cos im trying to lose weight so we dont have it in the house often anyway
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

im becoming obsessed _
PostSubject: Re: im becoming obsessed   im becoming obsessed EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:18 am

I wouldn't add salt to a meal for Oliver, but there has been times when he has nicked food of my plate that has got salt on.

I agree with the others though when we are out and about we do tend to be a bit more relaxed and he does have 'treats' as although his portion sizes at home arn't vast amounts he does eat fruit and veg no probs, so the odd treat in my eyes is fine.

I do draw the line at cola though. We were out the other day and my mum had bought some cream soda, well Oliver spotted it and wanted some as he'd drunk all his juice..bar a little dreg in the bottom..anhoo we added a little cream soda and the look on his face was priceless Laughing he kept saying "bubbles, bubbles, tickling, tickling" Laughing But I don't make a habit of giving my LO carbonated drinks.
Back to top Go down
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!
My Name: Dilly
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

im becoming obsessed _
PostSubject: Re: im becoming obsessed   im becoming obsessed EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:03 am

I'm quite lucky that MJ doesn't really like greasy food (she has issues with grease/dirt etc being on her hands...) and when we go shopping I let MJ choose her own cereal (she is the one who eats it so therefore she should choose) and she always goes for the same things Museli, cornflakes, porridge and weetabix I have to say are you sure you don't fancy coco pops for a change or Frosties and she'll think about it and 9 times out of 10 she'll say no lol.
She raids the fruit bowl, she has her own tub in her snack drawer in the kitchen that's full of seeds (she is obsessed with seeds) I've only just recently got her to eat things like nutella and jam lol. If we have a macdonalds she'll have carrot sticks and milk as I can't eat a full portion of Mc D's chips so she has half of mine then the carrots she says are her "pudding" bless her.
She does enjoy lemonade and I only buy it once in a blue moon as I tend to forget to buy squash/fizzy pop etc as I generally only drink tea, coffee or water and MJ loves water and milk. She loves the sparkling fruit waters you can buy, she said only the other month it was nicer than the lemonade flavoured one Laughing

When I see kids eating out maybe what they are eating is a treat, MJ hasn't quite grasped the concept of a treat she wants to order chicken with salad and tortilla wraps if we go to Pizza Hut and if we go to Morissons she always says "mummy can we go raid the salad cart" pmsl

She's a funny wee thing, but that's her way I guess. If she is enjoying what she is eating then I let her be, it is setting her up for healthy habits in the future I guess. On the rare occasion we have chips in town she always says to the lady just vinegar no salt and a wood fork please. She tends to like fairly bland food, nothing spicy or salty I love you
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

im becoming obsessed _
PostSubject: Re: im becoming obsessed   im becoming obsessed EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:43 am

Caitlin does eat mcd's 1-2 a month, usually without salt as I try and remember to ask for it without. If we out for tea its only recently that Caitlin has been able to eat 'normal' meals due to her milk allergy. Recently she had spag bol & garlic bread and the time before I think was fish fingers & chips. I wouldnt ADD salt to her food but if it came with a sprinkly of salt I wouldnt send it back, if we are having a chippy Caitlin may get sausages and eat a few of our chips that are salted. I dont panic as its maybe only 1-2 a month. But yup, adding salt id be a bit taken aback.

As for coke, no I wouldnt give Caitlin a glass & a straw (though through a straw is the healthiest way to take fizzy drinks as less tooth erosion). Caitlin on a handful of occassions has had a sip out of my btl of diet coke but just does a funny face and runs off laughing. One night at MILS she was pestering her daddy for a sip and kept coming back for more. Im sure MIL & SIL if they wanted could have gossiped later that we gave her pop but in reality she has water 9 times out of 10 at home and its MIL that buys her fruit shoots and squashes the most.

Im saying all this with a 17mth old. I cant swear that by the time she is 3 as a rare treat I def wont let her have a sml glass of coke, or that if she is 4 and asks for salt I wont give her a little occassionally. The finger trick is good for that though- put your finger over hole and pretend to sprinkle! Wink
Back to top Go down
Claire

Claire

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

im becoming obsessed _
PostSubject: Re: im becoming obsessed   im becoming obsessed EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 11:29 am

if i was in a restaurant with Lilly i would give her pizza and chips and a glass of coke, wouldnt add salt though mainly cos she'd cover the chips in ketchup anyway Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

im becoming obsessed _
PostSubject: Re: im becoming obsessed   im becoming obsessed EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 11:34 am

I dont think i am obsessive about anything. My kids have a bit of everything. Nothing is off limits really. Obviously i dont feed them junk food every meal but every now and then it does no harm. I dont give Sam fizzy pop as i dont buy it but the kids do buy their own and archie has it if we have it.

I also put salt in our food, just the way i was brought us. I couldnt eat food without it and i refuse to make seperate meals from the kids. I dont use it excessively but i dont see the harm at all xx
Back to top Go down
Miss B

Miss B

Edit MY profile

im becoming obsessed _
PostSubject: Re: im becoming obsessed   im becoming obsessed EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:21 pm

i make seperat meals, kids have their kids dinner and we have our dinners. salt isnt my weakens, vinegar is lol !! if garry could each chinese every single day of the week, he would, that boy loves his noodles, so quite often i make him them at home, i dont add salt to the water thou. till joining baby forums i never gave a 2nd thought to salt contents in foods. i never added extra either. we quite enjoy a chinese or pizza in this house. i dont obsessivly cram 5 a day veggie n fruid down their throats, i know they help them selves to the fruit bowl and its empty within a day or 2 sometimes. we have a sweetie/crisps drawer, oh has a sweet tooth but they hardly touch it except alasdair, and he gets told nope 99% of the time. simply cause, hed live on sweeties if we let him!! fizzy juice, thats my weakness, i drink gallons of the stuff also innocent smothies. and i have to say im a freak, i cant drink without a straw, i hate liquids touching my teeth, it freaks me out Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

im becoming obsessed _
PostSubject: Re: im becoming obsessed   im becoming obsessed Empty

Back to top Go down

im becoming obsessed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
im becoming obsessed Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
im becoming obsessed Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
im becoming obsessed Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
im becoming obsessed Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
im becoming obsessed Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
im becoming obsessed Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
im becoming obsessed Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
im becoming obsessed Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
im becoming obsessed Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
im becoming obsessed Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
im becoming obsessed Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
im becoming obsessed Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
im becoming obsessed Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
im becoming obsessed Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
im becoming obsessed Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???