Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

For those who have given birth... :o)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

For those who have given birth... :o) _
PostSubject: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:27 am

Random but -

1) Did you dress baby yourself when they were first born? (or always hubby / midwife job?!)
2) Do you remember baby first being born - are the laid straight on you (for many reasons I have precious little recollection Sad Sad )
3) Did you have cord clamped straight away and injection to speed placenta delivery (go hand-in-hand I've been told this week scratch )
4) Oh, and did you eat / drink / nibble / sip / suck / chew ANY thing during labour? (I had some biscuits at home about 9am, contractions every 5mins at that point... baby born 6pm... so I had no drink or food for about 30hours all-in I think For those who have given birth... :o) 548646 )
5) Annnd... - if you hired Tens, which type and where from? I hired this but wondering if any better http://www.babycaretens.com/acatalog/Elle_TENS_Buy.html

6) And to those with two bubs - any ideas if we should have a double buggy?!! I thought we'd ruled out the idea but not sure now.
Two year gap, bean more than capable of walking miles but as to whether he chooses to go the same direction when I'm busy with a pram is another matter, plus maybe easier with two strapped in to go out for some fresh air, rather than newborn + toddler on reins / buggy board to juggle?! (if so, what kind! no idea where to start - or perhaps wait and see and buy one after baby's arrival!? affraid )

7) Last one, promise Embarassed - do you remember any clear signs of things being imminent the day/week(s) before?
I currently have strange craving for the smell of sponges Laughing to the point that hubby had to go out and buy me some that I could bubble up and smell For those who have given birth... :o) 270211 think that's just me and my hormones being a bit special though Laughing

Really Sorry to pick your brains on a random Saturday, any contributions helpful Smile
Have just gone back and numbered, even if you could share on a couple of points would be much appreciated For those who have given birth... :o) 137139 xx
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:52 am

Hay you Wave Hope you are good.

Right here goes-
1, Me and OH dressed baby when I had delivered placentae and had my stitches. I was just cuddling and BF'ing whilst they were doing that.

2, Oliver was laid straight on me - skin to skin with a towel over him Smile

3, I can't be 100% but I think they clamped and cut before he was laid on me..it was really quick.

4, I'd had my B/fast that morning at 9ish, contractions started at 10am. Became very sick as it was happening so quick, hospital at 1.30pm..had a few sips of water between 2pm and 4.40pm and was given tea and toast soon after giving birth. I'd taken alsorts with me, glucose tabs and crisps etc but I wasn't really thinking about eating as it was all quick, quick, quick lol. Had I been in labour longer I would have been demanding something.

5, I used a tens that i'd hired from our hospital via Anti natal classes. Totally free of charge too. We picked them up from about 37wks pg.

6, I haven't got 2 kids but if your unsure about investing in a double at the mo, you could maybe used baby carrier for bubs and bean in buggy and see how you get on. Trying short trips with Bean on reins etc.

7, Oliver was 2days early and I had no clear signs at all, nothing..nada - until the morning of waking I started with mild back ache at 8am, waters went at 9am contractions at 10am.
Although that week I was eating like a horse..after eating 2 huge sarnies I was still hungry for more. Shocked I didn't really have the runny stools as some have mentioned either.
Back to top Go down
emmaXx

emmaXx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:53 am

hiya hun i rmeber everything.. my husband dressed all of them from being born..

all my babies where placed on me straight away and cord cut by oh! my forst to placneta come away pretty quickly but didnt with amelie nearly went t theatre but they injected the cord 3 times an dit come away eventually x

my first was born at 2.43 am in morning i went into labout at 12,45 am so had no food very intnse labour..
my second was born at 10 21 am and went inot labour at 5am i new i was goona start as i had pressure and my plug a ay before he was 3 weeks early.

amelie wa\s late and had no idea until my waters burst she was born 1.37 pm an dhad no food as waters broke at 5am and where green so i panicked and couldnt eat ..i went to hospital and labour started 8 am intense til, she waas born x

i had a double with jamie and amelie just a cheap side y side one for long journeys but had a sit on buggy bored for most journeys and a pram for amelie x
Back to top Go down
RosP

RosP

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:59 am

1) hubby (with MW's help first time round), whilst I went for a bath/shower I think
2) think so
3) yes, just wanted everything over with by that poin! (Had planned to delay clamping and not have injection...)
4) not sure, possibly juice from a carton with straw 2nd time round, or that may have been afterwards (labours were quick, 30 min and 45 min after arriving at hospital).
5) didn't bother - I'm too tight
6) we've got one, Seb won't walk in the required direction and most places we go are a mile away and it is winter. But lots of people posting here and on AB say it isn't necessary. I got a P&T, 2nd hand.
7) 1st time - emotional and had my show. 2nd time was getting emotional but then had a sweep (6 days over) which I'm sure sped things up; I may have been emotional through frustration and stress.

Hope that helps! But everyone and every pregnancy is different...
Good luck!

Ros
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 3:10 am

Hiya hun - not long now!!! Shocked Shocked

1. MW dressed Libby - traumatic birth so dont think Simon would of been up to it Laughing

2. Libby was laid straight on me skin to skin

3. Unfortunately the cord was cut by docs because of said birth but remember having the injection fairly quickly and them pulling the placenta out

4. I had my breakfast at about 7ish and they inserted the pessary at about 8am - she was born at 2:02pm, then they bought in a sandwich etc. so nothing in between - maybe a few sips of drink (although I was too busy staring at Libby/bleeding etc. to worry about eating until much later)

5. Didnt have a tens machine

6. We havent gone for a double buggy - obviously dont know yet if this is a mistake but we're going to get a buggy board for her and see how she goes. Have been thinking about getting a carrier but Libby can be a little madam when out walking and sometimes I have to pick her up just to control her Embarassed so I dont think I'd cope

7. As for feeling anything - I was induced

xxxx
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 3:16 am

1- perry got her dressed when she was born, as i had a spinal block so i couldnt move todo it my self.

2- i had paige in the op room and they did try n put her on me. but by that time i didnt want her near me Sad

3- i cant remeber. i think they cut her straight away n i remember them giving me a jab on the leg

4-while i was in labour i drank 4 jugs of water

5-no tens

6-we are thinking of getting a double for this one as paige will only be two and we dont drive. plus when i go out i send most of the day out so paige still needs to nap.

7- nope.. i lost my plug a few days before.. n then it went all bloody on th emonday so got told to have it checked.. n i gave birth the saturday morning x
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 3:20 am

D'ya know, you ladies never cease to amaze me - more helpful that a whole bunch of midwives, leaflets, classes and books put together for sure!! For those who have given birth... :o) 261548
Thank you for input - really helpful - going to re-read all and share all this with hubby later too Very Happy

Tell me about it Susan Shocked madness I tells ya. Won't be long before I'm saying the same to you Wink

Birth-wise I am trying my best to be all 'what happens, happens' but I need to collect my thoughts somehow rather than just let them swirl round in there, 2nd time easier my foot, at least not pre-birth-worry anyway - am more worried this time after previous experience! (Plus different hospital so all new anyway in that regard. Also, MW has refused to go through birth plan with me as it's a different hospital scratch So just aiming to be, not so much better informed, just more involved this time? And put a few things together in my notes myself. Hence all the rambling thoughts and questions Embarassed )

Lovely pic Ros, how is little Anna doing - and Seb with his new sibling?! Can't believe she's coming up on 4 weeks already! Hope you are doing ok too xx
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 3:24 am

1. MW dressed Gracie much quicker

2. gracie was laid straight on me with a towel around her

3. Unfortunately the cord was cut before she was put on me marc didnt want to cut it.

4. I ate up until about 8pm drank all the way through but then i stayed at home until half hour before she was born so no one to tell me otherwise Razz

5. Didnt have a tens machine

6. Cant Answer

7. About 3 days before i had pains shooting down my legs where baby was so far down she was on my nerves - a few people i know had this too x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 3:51 am

C wasnt laid on me straight away but it had been a bad birth-failed induction leading to an emergency section for both of us being in distress and i was in no fit state to hold her and she needed a bit of oxygen and a cpl breaths to get her started, as i am having a planned sec im planning on asking for skin to skin immediately tnhis time. MW dressed her as i was totally incapable due to drug reactions and pre eclampsia symptoms and neil was in a state so this time will play it by ear.

No idea about cord and placenta, we had planned on delaying it being cut til it had finished pulsing and neil cutting it but again it didnt happen. Hoping he might be able to cut it this time though.

Didnt eat during labour but did drink water.

I hired a mama tens. Soe women swear by it, i cae close to wanging mine across the room in frustration personally as it was just an annoying buzzing on my back when i was already in pain

We have gotten a double buggy for days out but for nipping to corner shops have a carry sling and a lightweight stroller. After 6 months will just use leightweight stroller with a board but want to have options before then just in case as C can be erratic when out

No early signs of labour but she was yanked out two weeks early

....I am not actually that much help lol
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 3:55 am

1) Did you dress baby yourself when they were first born? (or always hubby / midwife job?!)
Yes she left us to do it - and it took us ages...then we had to get the hat on...we didnt want to move her head and was so silly we never got it on, then she walks in and just does it!

2) Do you remember baby first being born - are the laid straight on you (for many reasons I have precious little recollection Sad Sad )
Yup I remember it 100% - I had to have her cleaned as I am squimish with blood and goo!

3) Did you have cord clamped straight away and injection to speed placenta delivery (go hand-in-hand I've been told this week scratch )
Yes for both, Dan cut the cord too

4) Oh, and did you eat / drink / nibble / sip / suck / chew ANY thing during labour? (I had some biscuits at home about 9am, contractions every 5mins at that point... baby born 6pm... so I had no drink or food for about 30hours all-in I think
only drank water while pushing but during contractions I ate snack bars and drank lucozade!

5) Annnd... - if you hired Tens, which type and where from? I hired this but wondering if any better http://www.babycaretens.com/acatalog/Elle_TENS_Buy.html
I hired the mama tens although cant remember from where - it was great!

7) Last one, promise Embarassed - do you remember any clear signs of things being imminent the day/week(s) before?
I currently have strange craving for the smell of sponges Laughing to the point that hubby had to go out and buy me some that I could bubble up and smell For those who have given birth... :o) 270211 think that's just me and my hormones being a bit special though Laughing
Hmm I was due to be induced that day, but had already started to dilate when I got there - so NO I hadnt noticed lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:40 am

1) Dave dressed her himself whilst I gave directions lol.
2) As soon as Amelia popped out she was laid on me. Her cord was clamped and Dave cut the cord then I had the injection. They asked me what I wanted as soon as I got in the delivery room and again before pushing and again before giving.
3) Her cord was clamped and Dave cut the cord then I had the injection.
They asked me what I wanted as soon as I got in the delivery room and
again before pushing and again before giving.
4)
I was bought Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and then toast after she was born. Dave ate it all as I just couldn't face it despite my MW encouraging me to. I did have a few spoons of soon at lunch but saw that again, tmi! My MW kept encouraging me to drink plenty and bought me fresh cups and jugs of iced water throughtout my entire stay in the delivery room. She also bought me a fan! (Seriously amazing MW's at the countess hun!)
5) I bought a MamaTens from the website.

6)
Hmmm not sure.

7) I couldn't miss my early signs as I was in slow labour from Tuesday evening with regular quick contractions Tues, Weds, and Thurs. I had a little bleed a week before the Tues too.
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:56 am

1)think midwife did it the 1st time then oh did it with oliver as i was in no fit state to be getting up Laughing
2)leo was quickley plonked on me whilst they cut the cord but as he wasnt breating he was wisked streight away, he came back wrapped in a towl.
oliver was plonked on me, blood guts and all, had my nightie pulled up so on bare skin
3)leo's cord was clamped streight away by mw, dont remember having the injection though but im presumung i did at some point! with oliver my mum cut the cord and they injected me around the same time
4)with leo as it was an induction i was given a hospital lunch, dont think i had dinner but was sucking on sweets and drinking energy drink, which came back up streight after For those who have given birth... :o) 981624 with oliver i think i had some chicken around 4pm...think that was the last thing so didnt eat for about 17 hours, but had a cuppa and water
5)the tens i hired was recomended by my mw, they were getting new equiptment so if you hired it for £20 you got to keep it...so that one did for both of them Smile
7)my morning sickness returned with a vengence for about 5 days befor he was born. id also been losing my plug in little bits for about 3 days x
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:59 am

1) Aimee - James and the midwife dressed her.
Lily - James had already gone home, so the midwife dressed her.

2) Aimee - they put her on me and I was like 'wtf, get her off of me!' (I had torn so badly and was shaking really bad with shock.
Lily - Yep, they gave her to me, which was lovely.

3) Yes, they clamped the cord and gave me the injection.

4) I didnt eat anything in my labours. Mainly as they were at night, and to be honest, I probably couldnt have eaten anyway.

5) I didnt hire a tens machine, sorry Sad

6) I had ruled out getting a twin, but in the end we did get one. I have only used my single one so far, as James has always been with me. But in the summer I will probably use it loads to go to the park with the kids and when I am on my own.

I got a bargain twin Mamas & Papas one from our local argos discount place which was something like £250 down to £99.

7) I had to be induced with Aimee, so there were no 'signs'. With Lily I had a sweep and they told me I was 4cm and all I had noticed was some period type pains in the night.

xx
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 7:21 am

1) with lily-ann she had to go to scbu so she was already dressed when i got to see her but with lewis i dressed him after about an hour of being cuddled in the blankets with him

2) i was off my face with lily-ann(G&A) but i remember her actual birth, she was whisked away from me, but with lewis i got to sit up and watch him come out of me and then he was instantly given to me

3)cord was clamped almost instantly with both of mine...with lil miss i had the injection but placenta didn't detatch so had to go to theatre, with lewis had the injection...no problems
4)didn't eat a thing during labour with either of them(and i was in labour from thursday afternoon til sunday night with lily-ann!)

5)never hired a tens so no idea there

6)i think alot of mums of two small ones say a double is essential! i have a p&t and LOVE it...wouldn't be without it, but with your lil guy being able to walk i'd say a buggyboard and reins would be a better idea

7)with lily-ann i started losing bits of my plug the night before...no real signs before that. with lewis, i had absolutely no signs..went to bed,had a bit of nookie, woke up about 6am fully in labour(had lewis at 10.45am)
Back to top Go down
michellenevan

michellenevan

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 7:33 am

GraceBean&Pip wrote:
Random but -

midwife put nappy on and told oh to dress evan but that was bcos they were still trying to get my placenta out and i was away to get moved from midwife unit to to labour suite, think it it had gone smoothly wud have been me that dressed baby - oh was shitting himself lol!

i gave birth standing up in bathroom and evan was unconscious so left dangling between my legs until emergency crash team came in (was only seconds felt like hours tho) after he was sorted and fine my mum and oh held him they did give him to me but as my body was in shock and placenta was stuck they had to take him off me again
cord was clamped whilst evan was dangling between my legs as soon as cord was cut i was moved back to bed from ensuite bathroom and then got inj for placenta - it didnt work

4) Oh, and did you eat / drink / nibble / sip / suck / chew ANY thing during labour? (I had some biscuits at home about 9am, contractions every 5mins at that point... baby born 6pm... so I had no drink or food for about 30hours all-in I think For those who have given birth... :o) 548646 )
no i didnt eat from friday tea time til i gave birth on the sun morning tried drinking but it wasnt goin down well, they tried to get me to eat but it was making me feel sick hence the reason i ended up exhausted and my body went into shock i had that kerratosis thing where ur body starts shutting down and sumit goes in ur urine? was jst cos i was exhausted with being in labour so long and cos i cudnt eat due to feeling sick or drink, i was totally fine after scoffing my tea and toast that i got didnt get it til lunch time sunday tho when placenta was finally delivered and i cud get cleaned up

sorry didnt use tens, i do know u can buy them in boots tho no idea of cost

6) And to those with two bubs - any ideas if we should have a double buggy?!! I thought we'd ruled out the idea but not sure now.
Two year gap, bean more than capable of walking miles but as to whether he chooses to go the same direction when I'm busy with a pram is another matter, plus maybe easier with two strapped in to go out for some fresh air, rather than newborn + toddler on reins / buggy board to juggle?! (if so, what kind! no idea where to start - or perhaps wait and see and buy one after baby's arrival!? affraid )

no i had no signs at all, then the friday morning whilst in babies r us pickin up last part of my pram i felt wet rushed home and it was mucus plug had gone then waters started leaking tea time and i started contractions early hours of sat morning so was all pretty quick

Really Sorry to pick your brains on a random Saturday, any contributions helpful Smile
Have just gone back and numbered, even if you could share on a couple of points would be much appreciated For those who have given birth... :o) 137139 xx
Back to top Go down
Wriggler

Wriggler

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 7:49 am

1. OH dressed baby both times Very Happy

2. Andrew had his cord clamped (and he did a wee everywhere) then was laid straight on me and Sophie was laid straight on me but then taken away because she was rather blue and once she cried they gave her back.

3. Yeah cord was clamped straight away and once cut they gave me the injection.

4. I certainly didnt eat anything during Andrews labour I was sick throughout and i sipped water and lucozade but couldnt keep it down. With Sophie i ate before leaving the house about 9am and then i dont think i ate anything during labour at the hospital (but at home i was in labour because i was 7cms when i went in with her!)

5. I didnt get a Tens machine sorry!

6. There was only 12 months between my children so i needed a double buggy there was no other option but Andrew is only just starting to walk alongside the pram properly now but even now he gets tired or has a strop and wont want to come the way i want him to so he gets in the pushchair then! I personally wouldnt be without my double however if you cant afford or dont want a double i would definately get a buggy board. Actually i'd get the ones that they can sit on as well (seat to go?)

7. No signs with Andrew what so ever i totally didnt expect him to come when he did! Sophie though i had braxton hicks for about a week before she came, they were always 7 mins apart and always lasted 30 secs and then all of a sudden they just became proper contractions that started 7 mins apart and for 30 secs lol

I had the sponge craving all the way through my pregnancy!! lol its a strange one isnt it!!

Hope that helps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 8:03 am

i had sponge craving too, buit it was to eat it Embarassed it only happend when my iron was low though, even when i wasnt pg x
Back to top Go down
xx maxi xx

xx maxi xx

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 8:22 am

1. midwife dressed both times

2. both where laid straight on me skin to skin after cord clamped

3. cord was clamed straight away both times and then got the injection

4. didnt eat anythin with both labours, they where both short labours

5. never had a tens mahine

6. they have a pram each cause im always with oh when we go on days out and jamie will need his single when i start taking him to play skool next week, but i will be getting a double buggy when hollie is around 6 months for when im on me own and i want to take them the park or for a walk.

7. no signs at all with jamie and went 10 days over, was 3 days early with hollie and kinda new labour would not be far away as had strong braxton hicks every evening beforehand.
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:12 am

1) Did you dress baby yourself when they were first born?

Hubby did it and midwife helped cause Imogen was being all wriggley.

2) Do you remember baby first being born - are the laid straight on you?

Pretty much. I don't really know if it's normal but Immi was REALLY blue so although they put her on me they lifted her off and was rubbing her then putting her back.

Yeah, have the cord clamped, hubby did it then injection and placenta straight out.

4)
Oh, and did you eat / drink / nibble / sip / suck / chew ANY thing
during labour?

I remember having water. My memory of those contraction every min hours is awful though so i might have had toast, i know hubby had toast.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:30 am

Oh yeah just reread that, also developed a thing for the smell of sponges. Was very smell orientated anyway as did all my cleaning with tea tree oil. Seems to be soap this time
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:59 am

No. As far as I remember Caitlin stayed wrapped in towel/blankets for the hr while I was stitched etc (it was july though). Then OH and mum left and midwife auxilary dressed caitlin at side of room while I tried to give myself a bed bath (epidural). Once Caitlin was dressed & in crib she finished cleaning me up/helped me get fresh nightie on.
2) Do you remember baby first being born - are the laid straight on you
Yes, she was placed straight on me for a cpl mins and then quickly looked over by midwife before being given back to me & then OH & mum took turns having cuddles while I sucked on G&A and got stitched.
3) Did you have cord clamped straight away and injection to speed placenta delivery
yes. There wasnt really much discussion about it in delivery suite. Think I agreed at an ante-natal app & they literally just told me when they were doing it, I dont really remember it.
4) Oh, and did you eat / drink / nibble / sip / suck / chew ANY thing during labour?
I was induced, pessary given at night. So had pains during night and then toast at about 8am. Waters broken about 11am when 2cm, sipped water/lucozade, she was born at 2.49pm. Had toast again at about 6pm maybe.
7)do you remember any clear signs of things being imminent the day/week(s) before?
Nope, I was induced on due date due to high BP
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 1:05 am

No i was rushed off to have a bath not long after birth before i left he was naked when i got back my mum was holding him dressed so i think she and the midwifes did it x
2) Do you remember baby first being born - are the laid straight on you
Yes they asked if i wanted him straight on me or washed first but if i had seen him with blood and stuff it woulda made me sick my tummys very sensitive but he was then put on me after a quick wipe x
3) Did you have cord clamped straight away and injection to speed placenta delivery
yes OH cut the cord and they did the injection straight away and literally pulled it out x
4) Oh, and did you eat / drink / nibble / sip / suck / chew ANY thing during labour?
Its so hot in the labour room they gave me a cup of water with a straw during birth then after had juice didnt eat anything till that evening dinner time x
7)do you remember any clear signs of things being imminent the day/week(s) before?
I was 10days late after a sweep so just signs from that xx
Back to top Go down
betty

betty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 10:59 am

(or always hubby / midwife job?!)

The midwife dressed him, after he had his first feed etc,
she dressed him and put his hat on!

2) Do you remember baby first being born - are the laid
straight on you (for many reasons I have precious little recollection For those who have given birth... :o) Clip_image001For those who have given birth... :o) Clip_image001)
and 3) Did you have cord clamped straight away and injection to speed
placenta delivery (go hand-in-hand I've been told this week For those who have given birth... :o) Clip_image002)

When he was pulled out of the pool his cord snapped and he was
taken away for a few minutes to sort that out, while I got out the pool and had
the injection to speed up the placenta delivery. When I first got to hold him
(only a few minutes later) he had a nappy on and was in a towel!

4) Oh, and did you eat / drink / nibble / sip / suck / chew ANY thing during
labour? (I had some biscuits at home about 9am, contractions every 5mins at
that point... baby born 6pm... so I had no drink or food for about 30hours
all-in I think

I woke up in labour at 6.00am, at 11.00 I had two jam sandwiches
in the house, but soon brought them up when I was in the hospital having gas
and air! All I had apart from that was lots of water, The midwife left a jug
next to the birthing pool because the gas and air dries your mouth.

5 and 6- no tens machine and I only have
the one child.

7) Last one, promise For those who have given birth... :o) Clip_image003-
do you remember any clear signs of things being imminent the day/week(s)
before?

I had no signs but as I was 13 days late I assumed it would
sometime soon! The first signs were contractions and a tiny show at 6.00 am and
I had him at 6.00pm that day.
Back to top Go down
Natkat

Natkat

About Me!
My Name: Kat

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 5:50 pm

It was the midwife, I had a bad reaction to the post-c section antibiotics and didn't see Milo until the day after he was born.

2) Do you remember baby first being born - are the laid straight on you (for many reasons I have precious little recollection )

He was cleaned up and laid next to my head, then hubby had the 1st hug while I was having my antibiotic reaction.

3) Did you have cord clamped straight away and injection to speed placenta delivery (go hand-in-hand I've been told this week )

eh? I have no idea! Is that bad? I guess they just took the whole lot out at the same time, as it was never mentioned to me!

4) Oh, and did you eat / drink / nibble / sip / suck / chew ANY thing during labour? (I had some biscuits at home about 9am, contractions every 5mins at that point... baby born 6pm... so I had no drink or food for about 30hours all-in I think )

I was induced , and getting really painful contractions so couldn't eat. Went in on Friday morning, gave birth Saturday, first meal was breakfast on Monday! Was out of it all day Sunday, after they knocked me out after my bad reaction. Felt fine though!

5) Annnd... - if you hired Tens, which type and where from?

No Tens, unfortunately.

I'm really wondering about this too! Esp if i have another c-section, a sling might not work out for me. Milo can walk miles, but will flat out refuse if a bit tired or nervous about where he is. Thinking of a front and back seat as it were, rather than double width.

7) Last one, promise - do you remember any clear signs of things being imminent the day/week(s) before?

No signs, had constant braxton hicks for weeks beforehand, even after induced got much stronger contractions but no other signs at all. To be fair, I wasn't over my due date when I was induced, it's not like my body had much choice!

Hmm, I doubt I was any help, as i had a strange birth, but i'm so excited for you and hope it all goes really really well! Fingers crossed for you! xx
Back to top Go down
GraceBean&Pip

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 7:58 am

For those who have given birth... :o) 827557 Thank you each and every lady sharing info, all helpful & appreciated.
Saw diff MW today who said if I go through the tick-list in notes she'll go over it / fill in blanks with me at next appt (@38+3wks... Shocked ) so at least that's something.

Thank you again xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: For those who have given birth... :o)   For those who have given birth... :o) Empty

Back to top Go down

For those who have given birth... :o)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
For those who have given birth... :o) Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
For those who have given birth... :o) Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
For those who have given birth... :o) Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
For those who have given birth... :o) Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
For those who have given birth... :o) Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
For those who have given birth... :o) Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
For those who have given birth... :o) Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
For those who have given birth... :o) Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
For those who have given birth... :o) Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
For those who have given birth... :o) Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
For those who have given birth... :o) Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
For those who have given birth... :o) Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
For those who have given birth... :o) Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
For those who have given birth... :o) Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
For those who have given birth... :o) Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words