Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Housework help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Natkat

Natkat

About Me!
My Name: Kat
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Housework help!  _
PostSubject: Housework help!    Housework help!  EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 5:37 pm

Don't panic, you don't have to come and do it for me! I need inspiration, as I'm finding it really hard to get enough time to get everything done. Do you get a lot done when you baby naps/sleeps, or do you prefer to work around them/ What do you feel you have to do every day?

I don't bother tidying up the living room until Milo's gone to bed, there's no point Laughing but I try to keep the kitchen clean and wiped down every day, hoover the floors everyday (although Milo does that for me now!), laundry every day etc. I feel like I'm keeping up with the little things but not getting the big things done, like organising the cupboards to make more space and have less clutter, clean the bits that are out of Milo's reach so not so important to me.

Do you have any tips? tricks? ways to clean when you have no time? Help me domestic goddesses!!
Back to top Go down
Vicki

Vicki

About Me!
My Name: Vicki

Edit MY profile

Housework help!  _
PostSubject: Re: Housework help!    Housework help!  EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 7:41 pm

i tend to try and do things like tidy kitchen cupboards and drawers when lilly is having her lunch/dinner or snack in her highchair, as she is in the kitchen with me, i also manage to sort out her room cupboards as she has toys in there so plays whilst i do it, dont really have any other advice im afraid but i think its hard to be a domestic godess when u have a toddler!! xxx
Back to top Go down
Natkat

Natkat

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Housework help!  _
PostSubject: Re: Housework help!    Housework help!  EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 8:21 pm

* Vicki & Lilly * wrote:
i think its hard to be a domestic godess when u have a toddler!! xxx

I think so too!! They are little bundles of chaos, so I shouldn't strive for perfection I guess. That's a good idea about cleaning when he eats, I have to eat when Milo does, else he tracks me down and steals my food Suspect but hopefully when he's a bit older that will work! Or else I'm going to start locking myself in the bathroom to eat!
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

Housework help!  _
PostSubject: Re: Housework help!    Housework help!  EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 9:09 pm

i work around gracie she has her own duster and empty can of polish so follows me cleaning, when my hoover comes out so does hers, clean the bathroom whilst she is in the bath, kitchen when she is having lunch, do washing every day and ironing every other day , ironing is done both with and without her around x
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

Housework help!  _
PostSubject: Re: Housework help!    Housework help!  EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 10:35 pm

I do some while c is sleeping like tidying and cleaning bathroom. The rest i do while shes around and either distract her with a spot of beebies while i speed clean or get her involved. Her fave job is doing the dishwasher with me but she also likes dusting and loading/unloading the washing machine
Back to top Go down
Mummy2aMiracle

Mummy2aMiracle

About Me!
My Name: Dilly
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

Housework help!  _
PostSubject: Re: Housework help!    Housework help!  EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 11:48 pm

Drew is still only 8 months old so I do things when is asleep, most housework gets done when he is in bed (I'm usually up until about 1-30 - 3am doing chores) MJ is 5 so helps me load the washing machine during the day. She loads up after I've sorted stuff into piles and I go upstairs to get the laundry baskets and I strip the beds on a Saturday morning. MJ loves to dust so I leave her to it then do it again properly when she goes to bed. We don't hoover as downstairs is concrete tiles and upstairs is wood so I sweep into piles and MJ uses the dust pan and brush to sweep the piles in to pan and I mop the kitchen floors when everyone is in bed because you can guarantee someone will want a drink etc and the living room floor gets mopped just before I go to bed to give it time to dry.

My day is usually 8am - 2am Cleaning, feeding, changing Drews' bum, playing, cleaning, feeding, doing some schoolwork with MJ (occasionally updating facebook and checking in with Banda lol) (you get the picture) xxx
Back to top Go down
Natkat

Natkat

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Housework help!  _
PostSubject: Re: Housework help!    Housework help!  EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 12:45 am

Suspect Hmm, sunds like I need to be training Milo better Very Happy He's very good at finding and unfolding piles of laundry I've just folded, pulling things off every shelf and flinging food around the kitchen..hmm..

Having said that, he's really good at hoovering, I put my feet up and had a cuppa while he hoovered the lounge this morning! It was bliss! I really think this pregnancy exhaustion isn't helping. Oh, and he doesn't sleep, so I fall asleep through exhaustion as soon as he does so no chance of anything happening after he's gone to sleep.

I'm delegating as much as possible to my OH, but his standards are a bit more relaxed than mine. I need to be rich so I can hire a cleaner Embarassed
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

Housework help!  _
PostSubject: Re: Housework help!    Housework help!  EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:49 am

I do things like cleaning the bathroom/polishing general wiping when callums in bed i tend too hoover when he wakesup altho when he goes to bed my floors are covered again and finger prints all over the tv again Laughing x
Kitchen i do every evening after dinners been done x
Back to top Go down
carrieann&JJ

carrieann&JJ

Edit MY profile

Housework help!  _
PostSubject: Re: Housework help!    Housework help!  EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:40 am

bump your music up and get them to help and dance around the house while doing it.. jj loves when he helps and dances with me.

if i want to get it done i will do it when he having lunch or sleeping!! x
Back to top Go down
Natkat

Natkat

About Me!

Edit MY profile

Housework help!  _
PostSubject: Re: Housework help!    Housework help!  EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 12:22 pm

So for those of you that clean while your babies eat, when do you eat?? Very Happy Or do your babies not throw a fit if you're eating and they're not?
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

Housework help!  _
PostSubject: Re: Housework help!    Housework help!  EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 12:43 pm

LOL! Hun..you and every mom out there has this exact same problem! The only time I can get a real good clean on is when they are all either in bed, or Daddy is home to cattle wrangle them while I go about from room to room. The kitchen and bathrooms are my high priority places during the day, so will putter in them all the time tidying. Weekends are my super clean days! The only time I remember my house staying clean all day was when they were at school/daycare and I was at was at work. Noone would be home to mess it up! Sigh..good ol days! BTW ...don't be shocked if your normal high standards start to plummet like a falling meteorite after number 2 arrives! xxx Laughing
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Housework help!  _
PostSubject: Re: Housework help!    Housework help!  EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 7:25 pm

I cheat and have a cleaner who comes while we are all out Wink

Wil does the hoovering like Milo and anything else that needs doing gets done while he is asleep either napping or in the evening.

I only iron what is essential, just work shirts, so it takes an hour once a week. We all have enough clothes that I only wash twice a week too and I tend to put washing away while Wil is playing upstairs after his bath.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Housework help!  _
PostSubject: Re: Housework help!    Housework help!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Housework help!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Housework help!  Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Housework help!  Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Housework help!  Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Housework help!  Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Housework help!  Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Housework help!  Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Housework help!  Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Housework help!  Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Housework help!  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Housework help!  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Housework help!  Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Housework help!  Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Housework help!  Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Housework help!  Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Housework help!  Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words