Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Learning to talk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!
My Name: Lita
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Learning to talk _
PostSubject: Learning to talk   Learning to talk EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:23 am

Is it normal for Ollie not to be talking at his age? He can say gone and that's about it Neutral Even simple things like mum, dad (or the equivilents ie mumma, dadda etc) don't seem to pass his lips? Should I be worried? I talk to him constantly and he babbles back but no 'proper' words?
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Learning to talk _
PostSubject: Re: Learning to talk   Learning to talk EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:41 am

I wouldn't worry. H still doesn't talk really just babbles and says a few words ie car, mama, daa, fissss (fish), ssss (shoes, Lewis) x
Back to top Go down
Wriggler

Wriggler

Edit MY profile

Learning to talk _
PostSubject: Re: Learning to talk   Learning to talk EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:46 am

Hey,

Honestly dont worry about it! Andrew said all gone, uh oh, mama and dad really early but then nothing else until about 20ish months! Once he started talking it was like a button clicked into place and he could talk! Now he never stops talking!

Ollie is still so young there is absolutely no need to worry!!!

All babies talk at different rates Andrew was slow with talking and Sophie has been talking for a long time. Is Ollie good with physical things? Babies tend to concentrate on one skill at a time Smile

Dont stress Ollie is still very young!
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

Learning to talk _
PostSubject: Re: Learning to talk   Learning to talk EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:20 am

Thomas didn't say anything apart from daddy (only said that at about 16 months) until he was about 21 months. Even now at 25 months he doesn't have a massive vocabulary but he is picking up and practicing new word every day so I'm not worried. Like wrigs says he was an early mover so was concentrating on getting about and din't have time for talking Rolling Eyes

xx
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

Learning to talk _
PostSubject: Re: Learning to talk   Learning to talk EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:43 am

I dont know whether there is any fact to it but people often say that boys talk later than girls but walk sooner etc. Lily is rattling away and the other girls at her nursery are too but not many of the boys - maybe just coincidence??!

My nephew never said a word until after his 2nd birthday and then all of a sudden he was off and there was no stopping him!
Back to top Go down
Natkat

Natkat

About Me!
My Name: Kat

Edit MY profile

Learning to talk _
PostSubject: Re: Learning to talk   Learning to talk EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 1:47 pm

I don't think Milo has any proper words yet, Smile he says "mama" but that can mean mum, yummy, food, dad, cat, dog etc.. just anything he happens to like at that moment! He sometimes says "ok" or "here you are" in Japanese, and says byebye, but that's really it for proper words. He talks a lot in his own mystery language, so I hope he starts using real words soon! I don't think it's unusual for boys, I hope anyway!

Professionals seem to say that by one and a half if they're babbling, if they understand what you're saying (if you ask them to bring you a book/toy, throw something in the bin for you etc) and make good eye contact, there's usually nothing to worry about. I think Ollie is still so young, so personally I don't think you should worry! (although i know i do too! Embarassed )I hope that helps! xx
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

Learning to talk _
PostSubject: Re: Learning to talk   Learning to talk EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:10 pm

dont worry, Cerys is in no rush to speak either. She just babbles. she can say "get down" and "bum" Laughing Like Natkat said, if it seems they can understand you then dont worry. Cerys understands when we say "dinner" or "all gone". She knows who the cats are if we say their names xx
Back to top Go down
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!
My Name: Lita

Edit MY profile

Learning to talk _
PostSubject: Re: Learning to talk   Learning to talk EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:21 am

That's good then Smile Ollie definitely knows what we are saying to him and he is a genius when it comes to physical stuff so he's obviously ok then Very Happy Thanks ladies x
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

Learning to talk _
PostSubject: Re: Learning to talk   Learning to talk EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 4:46 am

I'm glad you askerd Lita i was starting to worry about Tyler too... I see some of the things some of the older BANDA babies are saying (only a few months older) and I worry!
but he definately understands when we talk to him and he does babble back at us and can say some things (favourite being dadad and tig tig - our cat)

I'm sure once they start talking and never stop we'll wonder why we were so worried Smile
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

Learning to talk _
PostSubject: Re: Learning to talk   Learning to talk EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:13 am

LOL mummajade, I sometimes think ooooooh she's behind when I hear about toddlers a few months older but then I suppose a few months is a long time for toddlers to start talking x
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs

Edit MY profile

Learning to talk _
PostSubject: Re: Learning to talk   Learning to talk EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:58 am

MiniMeg wrote:
I suppose a few months is a long time for toddlers to start talking x

It really is hun - Thomas literally went from nothing (other than daddy Rolling Eyes ) to holding broken conversations in a couple of weeks Shocked. It's as if someone flipped a switch in his head and he has come on leaps and bounds since. He never shuts up - enjoy your peace and quiet while it lasts ladies Wink

xx
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

Learning to talk _
PostSubject: Re: Learning to talk   Learning to talk EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:05 pm

Aimee was the same. She hardly said anything other than 'whats that' and 'whose that' and 'daddy' until she got to 20 months.

Then one day she seemed to wake up and didnt shut up. She knows loads of words now, although she doesnt put them all together yet, but im sure it will come soon.

She is odd though... she learned how to count from 1 to 10 before she said 'mum' scratch .

x
Back to top Go down
michellenevan

michellenevan

Edit MY profile

Learning to talk _
PostSubject: Re: Learning to talk   Learning to talk EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 8:23 am

def dont worry about it hun, evan is the same i put a post up a couple of month ago in this section cos i was really worried about evan not speaking but was totally reassured cos loads of ppls lo's were the same
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Learning to talk _
PostSubject: Re: Learning to talk   Learning to talk EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:10 pm

It sounds like Oliver is focussing on movement for now, his talking will come.

Just talk to him lots and try to repeat back what he is saying when he babbles.

Wil understands everything we say to him and I made a deal with him that if he says something and I am not sure what it is I say what I think it is and if I get it wrong he says 'no' and I try again. It is working so far.

Wil started really talking at about 19 months and now manages little sentences of about 4 or 5 words although they are not always completely clear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Learning to talk _
PostSubject: Re: Learning to talk   Learning to talk Empty

Back to top Go down

Learning to talk

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Learning to talk Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Learning to talk Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Learning to talk Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Learning to talk Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Learning to talk Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Learning to talk Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Learning to talk Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Learning to talk Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Learning to talk Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Learning to talk Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Learning to talk Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Learning to talk Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Learning to talk Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Learning to talk Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Learning to talk Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words