Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Do you want more or less time together?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Do you want more or less time together?  _
PostSubject: Do you want more or less time together?    Do you want more or less time together?  EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 11:38 am

How many hours do you spend with your partner? Do you wish you could be together more or less?

I was just wondering because Dan works at home and obviously me and Izzy are at home.

Im not talking about time they spend with kids or whatever, I mean when neither of you are working and are not sleeping...how long are you both at home?

I was just thinking about the opposite of me and Dan...we are in the house together all day even though he is working, he is in the room next to me and I make him tea, lunch, talk etc constantly pretty much (poor Dan) , whereas the other end of the scale a couple who both work full time on opposite shifts (so they don't need childcare) could in theory spend only a couple of hours a day together every day of the week.

If Dan worked somewhere other than home it would be perfect, but we are in each others pockets a bit much (alot much!), and that would be the same as a couple who both work the same hours.

Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
rach&paige

rach&paige

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you want more or less time together?    Do you want more or less time together?  EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 11:42 am

i finish work @ 8pm and we go to bed 11-12 ish on a good night, but Paige goes about 8-8.30ish so we get couple of hours if lucky Sad x
Back to top Go down
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!
My Name: Lita

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you want more or less time together?    Do you want more or less time together?  EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 11:45 am

I'd like more quality time with Stu. We never seem to get 'us' time anymore Sad
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you want more or less time together?    Do you want more or less time together?  EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:17 pm

At this moment in time I would just settle on having a man long enough for a bit of sexy time Laughing
But seriously when we were together I wanted more time together, he was always at work so it was pretty lonely xx
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you want more or less time together?    Do you want more or less time together?  EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 7:44 pm

My oh and soon me work shifts but there will be a lot of days we will have off together but other days maybe only a few hours. I am only going to be doing 20hrs so not to bad, so I think it's about right really x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you want more or less time together?    Do you want more or less time together?  EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 8:05 pm

I think we have a balance at the moment.

Oh gets in from work at 6ish so we have a few hours in the eveing to catch up. The weekends, we spend as a family. Apart from if it's raining, I run a kids football club if the weather is dry ellie and oh come and watch the games with me. If it's raining oh looks after ellie til lunch time.

I love every minute I spend with him but if it was amymore than what we have now he'd start to bug me.

Mara, you need to get a man in for sex! Do you get time without the kids?
Back to top Go down
pecan

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you want more or less time together?    Do you want more or less time together?  EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 8:16 pm

it depends if he is doing my head in or not sometimes i would like nothing more than for him to piss off Laughing other times i wish he would hurry home poor guy cant win
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you want more or less time together?    Do you want more or less time together?  EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 8:36 pm

We get Monday off together, thats our family day, I see him for a few hours on Tuesday and Wednesday, but from Thursday to Monday we don't see eachother at all only to sleep next to eachother. We have Harry in nursery on Thursdays as that is all we can afford really, so we have to work alternate shifts. It can be a bit crap at times, but as long as we get some family time together and some alone time in evening when Harry goes to bed its ok xx
Back to top Go down
tigger

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you want more or less time together?    Do you want more or less time together?  EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 10:04 pm

We travel to and from work together but at night we spend very little time together as he plays online games so i come on banda or fb. Tbh if we didn't travel to work together we would have little time together. I must admit this has started worried me if baby ever happens will things improve will we spend time together as a family. Oh travels with work too and has quite a busy social life which doesn't involve me.

I really wish we could spend more time together.
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you want more or less time together?    Do you want more or less time together?  EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 10:51 pm

I would say right now not any less not any more.
but sometimes when hes heading out to football or to the pub I just want him to come home. but its not very often. if he doesnt come home from work I get an early night and always feel so much better for it in the morning.

we have a week off together starting today so will answer this again next sunday
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you want more or less time together?    Do you want more or less time together?  EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 2:42 am

We both work full time for the same company but OH is office based and I am flexible so on days when I go to the office we travel together so we spend 20 minutes each end of the day together.

In the evenings we start off with good intentions and eat dinner together then one or both of us get our laptop out and we are physically together but we might as well be in different countries.

We tend to spend weekends together as a family.
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you want more or less time together?    Do you want more or less time together?  EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 4:21 am

I'm quite happy with the time we have, Chloe goes to bed around 7.30 and we usually have an hour clearing up and doing other things then the rest of the evening together maybe nights during the week, one night I go out, and another night he does, then we have the whole weekend together although not all that time is together if you know what i mean as we might be doing other things and sometimes family stuff, we go out as a couple and get an overnight babysitter at least once a month.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you want more or less time together?    Do you want more or less time together?  EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 5:00 am

We spend from 6 till bedtime together, rich goes to bed around 8 weekends we together for the while of it, occasionally we will have a night found different things, but we still chatting on fb or seeing if each other ok every 20-30 mins.

We went out for a lovely meal last night and we realizes we not been out on our own for a meal since before I got pg, which for us is not known.

My mom and dad used to work opposite and they more loved up than me and russ, if you want to make it work you do
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you want more or less time together?    Do you want more or less time together?  EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 5:44 am

me and sam are together all day long, generally from the minute we get up until the minute we go to bed...it actually works well for us, we don't talk all the time and are happy to have 'quiet' time so it's not like we're constantly boring each other with talking loads Laughing

i always think i'd like a little less time with him, yet whenever we're not together we end up texting each other anyways!
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you want more or less time together?    Do you want more or less time together?  EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 6:14 am

I would say I'm quite happy with how things are at the moment, with me being on mat leave and Simon finishing at 11am ish it's nice because the we have the whole afternoon to do what we like.

We have been at the other scale where Simon would leave the house at 3:30am and I would only see him for an hour at lunch til 5pm when I'd get home and TBH at the time it worked fine too.

xx
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you want more or less time together?    Do you want more or less time together?  EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:15 pm

I think ours is just right really sometimes if he does overtime i wish he was at home more but thats manly for help keep callum amused Laughing x He gets 2days off a week which we spend together we try do things on them days cos it gets boring otherwise x
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you want more or less time together?    Do you want more or less time together?  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 12:20 am

Im quite happy with the time we spend together at the moment.

He is normally home at about 5.30pm (apart from some times he may pop to pub after work and be home at 6pm). We then play with Aimee & Lily until 7pm when Aimee goes to bed. Lily then goes after her bottle at 8/8.30pm and we then spend until about 10.30/11ish together.

This is a new thing though, as Lily has only just started going in her own room in the evenings.

At weekends, he has given up one day of football, so he is gone for about 1/3 of a day whichever day he plays. The rest is family time.

x
Back to top Go down
Niccsy

Niccsy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you want more or less time together?    Do you want more or less time together?  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 12:27 am

we generally have all weekend together if i am not on nights - and all evening mon-fri again depending when im on nights.
I may pop to the gym now and again or nip somewhere with my sister but tbh we are hardly ever apart.
I like that most the time but sometimes i think we should do our own thing now and again!

if i am on nights however i do miss him lol - he gets in about 4:30 and i leave the house at 7:15 so we literally have time to eat dinner and play for a litle then put kids to bed before i go.

x
Back to top Go down
Nay

Nay

About Me!
My Name: Naomi

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you want more or less time together?    Do you want more or less time together?  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 12:48 am

I'm happy with the time spent with each other at the moment.

Richard and I used to work together and there was only about 3hrs where we were apart. When we moved and changed jobs, initially I missed him but in time it made me appreciate the time we did spend together.

Now we have Chloe I wish he had more time with her.

x
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you want more or less time together?    Do you want more or less time together?  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 1:39 am

I would like us to have a lot more time when the 3 of us are together, when we were off work at christmas for 2.5 weeks it was great. In my ideal world we would both only work 3 days a week and have 4 family days Very Happy Can't see it will ever happen tho! xx
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you want more or less time together?    Do you want more or less time together?  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 4:30 am

When I go back to work I'll be Mon - Fri 9 to 5 but my OH works an 8 day week, 2 dayshifts, 2 nightshifts and 4 days off so we get plenty time together. But sometimes if his dayshifts fall on a Sat/Sun then we have no day off together.
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you want more or less time together?    Do you want more or less time together?  EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 5:05 am

Mine works too much..but when he is home he is a complete pain in the ass. Totally messes with my routine and makes pretty much most of us cranky. He does whine that we don't spend enough couple time together. However..I told him if it really bothers him to take it upon himself..arrange babysitters..make reservations..and take me out for some couple time. xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Do you want more or less time together?    Do you want more or less time together?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you want more or less time together?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Do you want more or less time together?  Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Do you want more or less time together?  Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Do you want more or less time together?  Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Do you want more or less time together?  Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Do you want more or less time together?  Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Do you want more or less time together?  Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Do you want more or less time together?  Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Do you want more or less time together?  Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Do you want more or less time together?  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Do you want more or less time together?  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Do you want more or less time together?  Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Do you want more or less time together?  Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Do you want more or less time together?  Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Do you want more or less time together?  Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Do you want more or less time together?  Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???