Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Suicide & Heaven

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
jessicar1990

jessicar1990

About Me!
My Name: Jessica
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Suicide & Heaven _
PostSubject: Suicide & Heaven   Suicide & Heaven EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 8:30 pm

Hi,
My uncle killed himself after being tormented by what i think was quite a long time of mental illness, and not really getting the help he needed.

His funeral is soon and They frown apon letting a suicide victim have a church service. Some won't allow it. Apparently the belief is that you wont go to heaven if you kill yourself.

My question is;
Do you believe that you dont go to heaven if you commit suicide?
Should People be allowed church services/burials if they have committed suicide?
What religion are you and has this affected your answer?

I think that Church services should be allowed, That people do go to heaven, as long as they have not done anything terrible, like murder etc. I was Christened, and share some Christan views but I dont consider myself a Christian.
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Suicide & Heaven _
PostSubject: Re: Suicide & Heaven   Suicide & Heaven EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 9:17 pm

i think that is discusting they wont allow a church service...i think its a load of rubbish they wont go they heaven...tbh i dont really know what i believe in reguards to the after life...is there a heaven and such?? but i think once again religion is being used as a scare tactic and a controll method
im christend catholic btw, but i strongly disagree with some of the things they teach, i dont practice any religion, i believe what i believe, but i certenly dont think you uncle will be discriminated agains for being ill and taking his own life, its so sad he didnt see any other way out..im sorry for your loss and i really hope you have a lovley service for himxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Suicide & Heaven _
PostSubject: Re: Suicide & Heaven   Suicide & Heaven EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 12:13 am

That's terrible. He had an illness that caused him to kill himself. Why shouldn't he be allowed a proper church service etc x
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

About Me!
My Name: Donna
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

Suicide & Heaven _
PostSubject: Re: Suicide & Heaven   Suicide & Heaven EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 12:19 am

I have to say i am the most nonreligious person ever and dont believe in god, heaven etc.
I think no matter what the cause of death EVERYONE has a right to the funeral they choose. Its bloody disgusting this day and age that religion still plays a part in things like this.

What about human rights!!!!
Back to top Go down
jenshayne

jenshayne

Edit MY profile

Suicide & Heaven _
PostSubject: Re: Suicide & Heaven   Suicide & Heaven EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:52 am

First off hun..I want to send my condolences to you and your family on such a tragic loss. It's bad enough to lose a loved one, and have this to contend with. So giant hugs to you hugz As for the religious part of it..I doubt anyone truly knows what happens to someone when they take their own life. From what I understand in the bible..God decides..not man...and God loves everyone. Mental illness is a disease..no different from cancer..MS..diabetes.. etc. I think it differs too from what denomination you are. Protestant churches are more accepting of things, knowing that we humans are afflicted with so many crisis's and ailments. No one knows the mind of the person who has hit so low to take their own life...and if the church is so quick to judge..where were they when he was hitting rock bottom? If anything... the church failed him. I think that's why I stopped attending..as the church has become a little clique of "members only" attitude instead of reaching out to every child of God.
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Suicide & Heaven _
PostSubject: Re: Suicide & Heaven   Suicide & Heaven EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:47 am

My cousin committed suicide 8 years ago, he left a partner and a daughter and a 14 year old son. Two weeks ago son who was 22 also killed himself.

They both had catholic church services by a lovely preist, as k's funeral was only a week ago I remember the service well. The preist said that K decided to go before he was taken.

Obviously none of us know (because we're alive) but the preist led us to believe that k was in heaven. And for all of us there, we got comfort from that he was at peace and with his dad.
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

Suicide & Heaven _
PostSubject: Re: Suicide & Heaven   Suicide & Heaven EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:04 am

Mara - I challenge you on the most non-religious title Wink (well organised religion anyway)

When asked my religion I always say 'self-belief' and that's what I am.
My religion say that your only idol or god is yourself and you are all the things that other religions say their god is. I see external gods as an excuse to blame someone else for what happens and not take full responsibility for your own life.

On the suicide and heaven issue. I don't believe in heaven but I do believe in souls returning to their soul groups to come back to life in the future as someone else to learn lessons they missed in previous lives. So I would say that a suicide victim would come back to deal with learnings they haven't gained.

The ultimate goal is to reach your beautiful self where you have perfected the art of being you (you the soul) and then you reach Nirvana and don't have to come back again. I suppose in many ways Nirvana is like the Christian heaven.
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Suicide & Heaven _
PostSubject: Re: Suicide & Heaven   Suicide & Heaven EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 3:26 am

I would like to think that if there is a God and Heaven that he wouldn't deny someone heaven for being so troubled that they felt they had no other option, after all isn't the whole ethos of Christianity based around forgiveness? So why doesn't that apply after death. I was raised as a Christian, but I do think that so many of the beliefs and views of the Church need rethinking. Big hugs to you for your loss xxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
marie

marie

Edit MY profile

Suicide & Heaven _
PostSubject: Re: Suicide & Heaven   Suicide & Heaven EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:48 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss

This really gets to me, as i lost someone special to Suicide....

Do you believe that you dont go to heaven if you commit suicide?
I believe you dont go to heaven straight away, you get nursed better first... find the reason why you felt the need to take your own life.... NO way do i believe that people who commit suicide go to HELL which a lot of religions believe in

Should People be allowed church services/burials if they have committed suicide?
Yes, why should'nt they have a proper send off..... is'nt the pain they went thru enough, let alone there families not being able to say a proper goodbye

It breaks my heart, that people who take there life, are seen as selfish.... its far from that.... if only they realised... there problem or whatever there suffering isnt a long term thing.. things improve/get better over time..... once your gone your gone, nothing can ever change that

xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

Suicide & Heaven _
PostSubject: Re: Suicide & Heaven   Suicide & Heaven Empty

Back to top Go down

Suicide & Heaven

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge :: Debates & Polls-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Suicide & Heaven Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Suicide & Heaven Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Suicide & Heaven Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Suicide & Heaven Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Suicide & Heaven Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Suicide & Heaven Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Suicide & Heaven Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Suicide & Heaven Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Suicide & Heaven Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Suicide & Heaven Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Suicide & Heaven Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Suicide & Heaven Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Suicide & Heaven Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Suicide & Heaven Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Suicide & Heaven Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words