Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Breastfeeding doll......

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
EmzandFlick

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Breastfeeding doll...... _
PostSubject: Breastfeeding doll......   Breastfeeding doll...... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:03 pm

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/family-parenting/educational-inappropriate-let-daughter-breastfeed-doll-article-ez4w.html

I'm not really sure how I feel about this yet....
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Breastfeeding doll......   Breastfeeding doll...... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:09 pm

Breastfeeding doll...... 61154 umm i dont know wat to think either lol. Its a werid one

char
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Breastfeeding doll......   Breastfeeding doll...... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:10 pm

Hhhhhhhhmmmmmmm???? scratch

I dunno about that one tbh Neutral

xx
Back to top Go down
jessicar1990

jessicar1990

About Me!
My Name: Jessica

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Breastfeeding doll......   Breastfeeding doll...... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:57 pm

I'M gonna have to say I don't think this is a bad thing. children are encouraged to learn what other parts of their body are for so why not boobs? also perhaps it will make girls realise that boobs do have a proper use. I'm not sure that the nipple flowers are a brilliant idea though. I'm probably biased as I breastfed sophie until she was 18months old. I would get sophie this doll.
Back to top Go down
happy

happy

About Me!
My Name: Becci

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Breastfeeding doll......   Breastfeeding doll...... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 7:35 pm

umm im 50/50 on this

at least its not like the kid puts the doll on her nipple.. Shocked because that would be wrong" Shocked

i think its good as it shows what boobs are for and then maybe in time to come people might bf more?
but i hink im a bit freaked by it as normally the whole topic with children some times is a no no. and some one people dont like mothers feeding in public .. so might seem a bit weird for other people if you get me?>
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Breastfeeding doll......   Breastfeeding doll...... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 7:38 pm

I dont think there needs to be an actual doll made for this but dont see the harm in kids knowing what breast feeding is all about.

Ive posted on here recently about C feeding her bunnys cos she watched me feeding her little sister. We have been very open with Caelyn about the whole thing, she knows milk comes out of mummies boobies-tbh shes even seen it when ive been getting Awen latched on and its leaked and totally understands its how babies eat. She will lift up her top and put bunny against her tummy and make glugging noises then she burps him afterwards. Its a natural mimicry for toddlers

That said i wouldnt buy the doll in the same way when she putsbunny on her tummy i dont exactly feel the need to tell her hes not latched on properly!!! I suppose for some though its harmless-theres never an outcry about dollies having toy bottles. You could argue teaching a kid to bottle feed a baby and change nappies is teaching them to grow up too soon (which seems to be the argment against this doll) but if they are aything like C they get a vast deal of enjoyment out of roleplay that copies what mummy is doing. C also loves sweeping the floor, dusting and loading the dishwasher-its not forcing adulthood on her just lettig her learn by mimicing
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Breastfeeding doll......   Breastfeeding doll...... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 7:54 pm

^^^^ agree with mario!

Tbh the main thing that would put me off is the price = $99 Shocked
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Breastfeeding doll......   Breastfeeding doll...... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:05 pm

im not sure tbh scratch
i mean i think the comment made about why teach little girls to breastfeed befor they reach puberty is rediculous...in that case why teach a child to give a doll a bottle before theyre old enough to have a baby of their own!!

i think its good in some ways as it will teach kids from an early age that bf'ing is normal...but in some ways it just doesnt sit quite right with me scratch x
Back to top Go down
jessicar1990

jessicar1990

About Me!
My Name: Jessica

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Breastfeeding doll......   Breastfeeding doll...... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:20 pm

i think its the idea of the top with nipple flowers on that makes it a little bit weird...
Back to top Go down
Claire

Claire

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Breastfeeding doll......   Breastfeeding doll...... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:50 pm

I don't think there is any need for it eh?
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Breastfeeding doll......   Breastfeeding doll...... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:51 pm

Maybe they thought the top would stop over enthusiastic/clever lol little girls whipping their tops up in public scratch
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Breastfeeding doll......   Breastfeeding doll...... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:52 pm

hmmmmmm i suppose the theory is that it encourages children to see bf as 'normality' as they would have done a few generations back - i never thought of it before but all baby dollies seem to have bottles don't they? its an interesting cultural comment if nothing else....

i agree with mario (i thought of c when i read the post), any toddler that is around bf and whos parents are open and honest about it, will understand and accept it - it's only after breasts have been sexified that people start to have trouble with it! Laughing
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Breastfeeding doll......   Breastfeeding doll...... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:55 pm

Imagine the look on fathers faces if this appeared on their sons santa list Laughing
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Breastfeeding doll......   Breastfeeding doll...... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 9:01 pm

hahaha having said that though, if/when we have another i wouldn't be surprised if elijah mimicked it too - it's all experimentation isn't it, and lets face it, when you're a toddler a nipple is a nipple!!
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Breastfeeding doll......   Breastfeeding doll...... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 9:07 pm

Yup! That what I meant, I think it could nearly be expected that a lil boy would try it. Some boys go through a stage of wanting to play with dolls prams so why not BF Laughing

I think most fathers dislike the idea of their son playing with prams (though I dont really get this as most dads push pram these days anyway), but I think a BF son would just tip spme dads over the edge. Instead of worrying about turning their sons gay theyd prob start worrying about them being a transexual Rolling Eyes

Iv never got why men have nipples either? scratch
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Breastfeeding doll......   Breastfeeding doll...... EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 9:14 pm

Quote :
a BF son would just tip spme dads over the edge
Laughing i reckon the main concern is that their sons would start producing milk! comes in handy when you run out for a cuppa though Very Happy
i spoke to some girls at work actually before i went on maternity leave, and they said their ohs would never be seen with a pram....weird i thought.
hm diverged a bit there Laughing yeah, the doll is probably unnecessary but i like the general idea - i started reading the comments and they made me angry so i gave up Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Breastfeeding doll......   Breastfeeding doll...... EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 10:33 pm

ooh it's a hard one isn't it.

I can see why it should be a good idea - I for one would probably be less embaressed about BF if I'd had one but then I also thing it would have made me feel more of a failure for not being able to breastfeed

so not sure really of the benefits other than raising more awareness and making bf mroe acceptable.
However, I don't think I would buy it for a daughter.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Breastfeeding doll......   Breastfeeding doll...... EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 11:22 pm

snoopy21 wrote:
Yup! That what I meant, I think it could nearly be expected that a lil boy would try it. Some boys go through a stage of wanting to play with dolls prams so why not BF Laughing

I think most fathers dislike the idea of their son playing with prams (though I dont really get this as most dads push pram these days anyway), but I think a BF son would just tip spme dads over the edge. Instead of worrying about turning their sons gay theyd prob start worrying about them being a transexual Rolling Eyes

Iv never got why men have nipples either? scratch

Just an evolutionary dead end like the appendix

I also stopped reading the comments mari as they annoyed me too. Comments like it ecourages child abuse and such is stupid. Ifd anythig it teaches breasts are more than sexual organs they have a functional use. Like i say i wouldnt buy the doll because its expensive for what it is when C will happily do the same thing with her bunny but if shes gonna pretend she is bfing bunny im not going to get all freaked out about itand tell her its wrong or bad what kind of message does that send. Im always open and honest with her about all bodily functions and body questions she asks and intend to continue to do so, i hardly think that constitutes child abuse anymore than letting her wash her dolies bits and put a nappy on them yet no one makes an outcry about that.

Ive had time to reflect on it now and think the vest thing is odd but see why they included it, its the way the dollys mouth function works-i think in a world where dolls pee puke and such a dolly that bfs is not offensive to me. Its a good counteraction to babies with bottles. I think both breast AND bottle feeding are totally fine way to feed your babies as ive bene lucky to be able to feed awen myself but couldnt with c and both should be promoted anyway that works
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Breastfeeding doll......   Breastfeeding doll...... Empty

Back to top Go down

Breastfeeding doll......

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Breastfeeding doll...... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Breastfeeding doll...... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Breastfeeding doll...... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Breastfeeding doll...... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Breastfeeding doll...... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Breastfeeding doll...... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Breastfeeding doll...... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Breastfeeding doll...... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Breastfeeding doll...... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Breastfeeding doll...... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Breastfeeding doll...... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Breastfeeding doll...... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Breastfeeding doll...... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Breastfeeding doll...... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Breastfeeding doll...... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words