Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Update on my wisdom tooth

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage

Edit MY profile

Update on my wisdom tooth _
PostSubject: Update on my wisdom tooth   Update on my wisdom tooth EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:02 am

Soz to bore you but this blinking tooth (had an infection bad symptoms)
I was on amoxacillin (sp?)for 5 days and it got better but not back to normal yet, so the dentist has given me a prescription for Metrunidazole 400mg eh? but said it could make me really ill but try and stick it out, but if it gets really bad then to stop....great lol!
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Update on my wisdom tooth   Update on my wisdom tooth EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:05 am

ugh sounds awesome! Laughing well, at least it will get rid of it, the last thing you need is infection creeping around in your head!
Back to top Go down
LesleyandBethany

About Me!
My Name: Lesley
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Update on my wisdom tooth   Update on my wisdom tooth EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:20 am

Terri, has your dentist said he will take the bugger out once the infection does?

I had two out about 10 years ago and I'm so glad I did as every time the pain flared up it got worse each time and I was getting severe headaches with it, so I would recommend if you get the option have it taken out.

Hope you are feeling better soon xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Update on my wisdom tooth   Update on my wisdom tooth EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:22 am

(yeah i agree, i got the top two taken out and no more earache/jawache/headaches now the bottom ones have a bit of room to move)
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Update on my wisdom tooth   Update on my wisdom tooth EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:24 am

He said if it reoccurs he will 'think' about it. To be honest im such a wimp id hate to have it out!
The tooth itself isnt actually hurting though, i woke up..umm about a month ago now with what i thought was locked jaw, i could barley open my mouth and it hurt to chew, my gland was all swollen and my ear hurt. (i had just had cold/flu/ear infection so thought it was due to that)
Hopefully this clears it up and doesnt dare come back! Its only half grown, its been growing for umm 5 years? Shocked
Back to top Go down
~ Katie ~

~ Katie ~

About Me!
My Name: Katie
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Update on my wisdom tooth   Update on my wisdom tooth EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:36 am

omg terri have i got u as a friend on fb? ive just had mine out..... DONT DO IT!!!
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Update on my wisdom tooth   Update on my wisdom tooth EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:37 am

Was it really bad Katie Shocked ?? Yeh ur on my fb!
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Update on my wisdom tooth   Update on my wisdom tooth EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:37 am

I hope it clears up soon. I had all of mine out as there wasn't room for them - seriously, in my big gob (?).

I would get rid, best thing I ever did - well, after the girls and James Smile x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Update on my wisdom tooth   Update on my wisdom tooth EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:40 am

Oh and by the way another reason i hate the dentist even more now is because this was the headlines in the local paper last week....
http://www.harrogateadvertiser.co.uk/news/woman_dies_in_dentist_s_chair_1_3207344
Back to top Go down
~ Katie ~

~ Katie ~

About Me!
My Name: Katie
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Update on my wisdom tooth   Update on my wisdom tooth EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:41 am

I wish you could see me. i look like elephant woman the swelling is really bad. im in the most pain ive ever felt. cant talk or eat. stitches are constantly stinging too. and the painkillers and ibuprofen arent touching it x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Update on my wisdom tooth   Update on my wisdom tooth EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:43 am

Aww bless ya, wahhh i dont want it out!
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Update on my wisdom tooth   Update on my wisdom tooth EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:43 am

I am an absolute dental coward so perhaps not the greatest person to give an opinion, however I can honestly say the top ones coming out were a walk in the park. Having the bottom one out, even under IV sedation, horrendous - give me childbirth any day! If the other one needs to come out ever, it will have to be under a general anaesthetic.
Back to top Go down
SuziandGracie

SuziandGracie

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Update on my wisdom tooth   Update on my wisdom tooth EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:47 am

i had one wisdom tooth out in the chair as it was growing out the side of the gum as it had no room, if its top ones hun have them out as (not sure if its a myth not even the dentists know for sure) the roots on top ones can just grow and grow and pierce through your eye

i am not trying to scare you as like i say no one knows for sure if this is true or myth x
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Update on my wisdom tooth   Update on my wisdom tooth EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:52 am

Its the bottom left one, i thought they were worse? I was told it was under general and a hospital jobbie? True or Myth? Omg i want to cry at the thought if it Doh Please let this infection clear up and never come back!!
Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Update on my wisdom tooth   Update on my wisdom tooth EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:53 am

Terri its not his choice if you have it out or not - if you say you want it out he should do it!

Ive had one out by local, was easy peasy never felt a thing - I'd take it any day over the pain it was causing before hand!
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Update on my wisdom tooth   Update on my wisdom tooth EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 9:00 am

Thats good to hear Lisa. I just googled it and as is everything i suppose everyone is diff but i have a feeling mine would be hard to get out as its only a tiny bit through not even half way i dnt think (i would put my finger in and feel but i cant open my mouth wide enough!) If they are fully through its just like having a normal tooth out (from what i just read anyway)
Back to top Go down
LisaMnGirls

LisaMnGirls

About Me!
My Name: Lisa
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Update on my wisdom tooth   Update on my wisdom tooth EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 9:32 am

hey Terri, just dont drink on the metronidazole.....thats when they can make you really sick!!!

Otherwise I find people tolerate them pretty well, maybe just a dicky tum

Hope your tooth sorts itself out soon xxx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Update on my wisdom tooth   Update on my wisdom tooth EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 9:37 am

mine were fine, both out in ten minutes under local and a couple of days later i was back to normal Smile fear not its better than faceache every few weeks!
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Update on my wisdom tooth   Update on my wisdom tooth EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 5:19 pm

They gave me the option of local, sedation or general anaesthetic, but that was at the dental hospital. My mum just had local at her doctors. X
Back to top Go down
Amandaplus2

Amandaplus2

About Me!
My Name: Amanda
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Update on my wisdom tooth   Update on my wisdom tooth EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 6:43 pm

I had a lower one taken out at the dentist, was ok didn't feel anything and was ok afterwards and I HATE the dentist x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Update on my wisdom tooth   Update on my wisdom tooth Empty

Back to top Go down

Update on my wisdom tooth

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Update on my wisdom tooth Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Update on my wisdom tooth Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Update on my wisdom tooth Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Update on my wisdom tooth Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Update on my wisdom tooth Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Update on my wisdom tooth Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Update on my wisdom tooth Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Update on my wisdom tooth Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Update on my wisdom tooth Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Update on my wisdom tooth Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Update on my wisdom tooth Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Update on my wisdom tooth Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Update on my wisdom tooth Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Update on my wisdom tooth Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Update on my wisdom tooth Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words