Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

birthday on a tight budget

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

birthday on a tight budget _
PostSubject: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 2:16 am

hmm elijahs birthday is coming up. we are going for a day out and have saved some pennies but we dont really have much money atm so i need to choose something to get him for less than £50. i am a bit heartbroken really because this is his first birthday ever, but we have a couple of toys from christmas that we put away knowing we wouldn't have much now so we are going to give him those...is that really horrible??!

i was thinking like megabloks and a brio toddler wobbler (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00004T19V/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE) or something?

not sure what he would definitely use, don't want to waste pennies on things he won't really need.....i was also going to get him some waterproof dungarees for summer but maybe that isn't much of a bday gift Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 2:20 am

I really wouldn't feel bad. We bought Immi a special bracelet for her bday but nothing else. Or i can't remember buying anything else. She barely plays with toys that i just didn't want to waste my money and i knew she's get spoilt by others.. which she did.
I would go with megablocks as thats about one of the only things Immi will play with and i know my neices and nephew love them too.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 2:22 am

see he really loves his stacking cups and has for a couple of months so i guess the megabloks are sort of a step up from that? im hoping he won't get too bored as we have a garden this year so new things to explore...
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 3:17 am

Tyler has blocks and he's just not interested in them, if he does ever play with them its for about 5 minutes and then he loses interest. His favourite things are hiding inside his pop up tent that we got from Amazon. He also loves just pushing around cars. you can get some really good ones.
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 3:20 am

I am planning to get some garden toys for LO this year as it will be the summer. Like a slide, i have a little pool for him. I find it hard even if u do have the money. Get him a little trike bike thing from amazon on cheap.

Char
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 3:35 am

he has a couple of little fisher price cars he likes a lot and a wooden push along turtle, i saw this though http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10094767 looks pretty cheap n fun!
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 4:00 am

Why dont you try and get 2nd hand toys? Much more for less Smile
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 4:13 am

Hey I wouldn't feel bad at all. We spent less than £50 on ellie for the simple reason we didn't think she'd play with anything anyway! We were right. We got a vtec thing that gets great reviews but she's only just started to play with it. I'm sure he'll appreciate the day out though.

I've got older kids and they cost a fortune because they tell me what they want! So don't feel bad because pretty soon your little man will be asking for footy kits and trainers etc!
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 4:18 am

that tent looks fab! Like I say Tyler loves his, he hides in it and we play peek a boo and sometimes he just likes to sit and play quietly in it. You could get some outdoor toys like a paddling pool or sand pit or something?
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 4:53 am

I really wouldnt worry about it... Aimee didnt ever play with anything we got her for her 1st birthday, they just dont get it at that age.

Sticklebricks are good too, and something he can play with as he gets older.

x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:04 am

i feel loads better reading this, thanks ladies. i saw elc do a my first paddling pool for £4 so i can maybe just get a few bits for the next few months Smile it just seems like i should be doing/giving him something special!!
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:21 am

I wouldn't feel bad about it. Chances are his going to be more interested in the wrapping paper.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:30 am

that's true...maybe i'll just get him a cardboard box for his birthday Laughing
Back to top Go down
EmzandFlick

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:33 am

We didn't buy Flick a 1st birthday pressie Embarassed
We went to the zoo Very Happy
We didn't really get her anything for her first christmas or last christmas. We got her clothes 1 st Xmas and clothes and talking Iggle Piggle and Makka Pakka last Xmas x
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:37 am

Have to say callum didnt really play with his stuff at 1 x
But he got a ball pit which he loved at that age not so much now and u can do that so cheap too x
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:38 am

That tent looks great. Me and hubby are going to get one for Immi, i think she'd love it.
We bought Immi a paddling pool last year for £2 in Asda (tesco do them too) and we got some balls to fill it and she loved it. had it out most of last summer. It's great cause you can have it outside with water when it's nice or inside with the balls when it's a bad day.
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:40 am

I was gonna suggest same as terri-have you considered looking on ebay for some bits? theres some lovely as new stuff on there. Might make your money go further. Also the 2 for 15 pound toys in argos are good value for money. Dont fret though. And yes give him the3 xmas stuff hes not gona know honey xxx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:40 am

oooh thats a really good idea shell, i think elc do them? its hard to judge what he will find amusing in a month from now he seems to be changing so quickly!
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:43 am

Oh an idea for you not necc for bd but just for fun - get some plastic bottles, wash em out and fill one with lentils and one with popcorn kernels. Bing instant maracas. I made c some about 18 months ago and she still plays with em now. Money free toy
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:44 am

I know what you mean, you think they're into something then next week they change and it's boring for them now. I must say the paddling pool &balls have lasted ages for us. She had it filled with balls in her bedroom all winter and she was still playing with it. This thread had actually reminded me to get it out of the boxes i still have yet to unpack Smile
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:46 am

And bubbles! C adores her bubble machine we got her at a year so mcuh that when it broke the grandparetns replaced it cos she was gutted.

Sorryill shut up now
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:49 am

awesome ideas! mario, eli has some of those film canisters with lentils and beans and stuff in that he loves, and a fireguard that makes a splendid noise when bashed (ahem Laughing) i think just being inventive is a good idea, we are making the old pond into a sandpit too so a bucket for that will probably be cheap
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:51 am

Also have a look in the pound shop they sometimes have some good cheap toys believe it or not!
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:51 am

And dont forget some bath crayons lol!!! Im like a bath crayon pusher i think every house should have some!
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:56 am

what do you do with the crayons when c has gone to bed Neutral sniff them i bet Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: birthday on a tight budget   birthday on a tight budget Empty

Back to top Go down

birthday on a tight budget

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: General Chat :: The Lounge-
Latest topics
» Spotting
birthday on a tight budget Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
birthday on a tight budget Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
birthday on a tight budget Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
birthday on a tight budget Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
birthday on a tight budget Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
birthday on a tight budget Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
birthday on a tight budget Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
birthday on a tight budget Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
birthday on a tight budget Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
birthday on a tight budget Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
birthday on a tight budget Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
birthday on a tight budget Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
birthday on a tight budget Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
birthday on a tight budget Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
birthday on a tight budget Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???