Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Opinions Suggestions needed!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Opinions Suggestions needed!  _
PostSubject: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 6:40 am

So now we know little bubba is a boy we've got to decide a name. We have a few we like but can't seem to decide on anything.

We've always loved the name Oliver, but it seems like there's a lot of Olivers around atm and i think it was the no.1 boys name last yr, i've always said I didn't want a really common name. Would you let this bother you or just use the name anyway?

I really like Joshua, and would probably shorten to Josh, but my aunty is called Jos and my family already have this problem with pronouncing Jos and confusing it with Josh so I don't really want to add to that. I really really love the name though!

Other names we like are Samuel and Max. I like these but maybe not enough to use them for my child. What do you think of them.

We also like Aidan but when i mentioned it to my mum and sister they said it was too chavvy, which has made me worried. What do you think... chavvy or not?

Then we come to middle names. Matt's middle name is Ronald after his Grandad, his Grandad died a few years ago and Matt's said he wants his son to have the middle name too. I think its a sweet gesture but my problem is Matt hates his middle name, as in he cringes when he hears it and hates having to tell people what it is cause he thinks it's an embarassing name, so in that respect I really don't understand why he wants to pass it on to his child. His cousin had a little boy last year and gave him the middle name Ronald so the name has already been passed on. Am I being a biatch though, should I just let him have the middle name he wants or do you think it's a little weird if he hates the name and his cousin has already used it?

Finally has anyone got any other suggestions? I literally can't think of any boys names.
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 6:43 am

Seth!

I love it but OH hates it Sad
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 6:52 am

I like Oliver too, i like that it's traditional and even though it's quite popular I don't think it will ever be cringey!!!

I like max and Samuel too

I also like ben, marcus, Saul, William, ewan.

I don't like ronald but it is nice to have a daily name but only if you like it.

Hey if you want something a bit different you could go for Rocky or Buck Smile
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 7:18 am

I like samuel,Oliver and Max. My dad's name is Ronald and he doesn't like it particularly, I don't think i would use it if you don't like it.

What was his granddad's middle name as if it were better then maybe you could use that given that the other child has already been landed with Ronald!! I do know where you are coming from as in Dan's family the oldest son always has the middle name Alvin and I said like feck will I call my child that if it is a boy!!

In terms of other names I like Joe, James, John, Tom so all quite traditional names really xx
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 7:31 am

My best friend when I was a kid had the middle name Ronald after his dad and I never thought anything of it but then I did absolutely adore him. Opinions Suggestions needed!  270211
I would only use it if you and Matt like it and are happy for your son to have it as a middle name. How about using Matthew as a middle name?

I like all the names you suggested but I agree with you on the popularity of Oliver and it would put me off tbh. I don't think Aidan is chavy but then I wouldn't have a clue.

Other names I like, William and James, obviously because I gave those names to my little man. I love them because they are both so classic and versatile, you can dress them up or down depending on the character of the person or the stage in their life.

I tend to prefer traditional names and I am not sure what I would choose if I ever had another boy.
Back to top Go down
J1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 7:35 am

i heart seth, its my fave ever

what about Ronnie??? i like that as opposed to ronald, i dont think aiden is chavvy either Smile
Back to top Go down
Laura

Laura

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 7:37 am

I have always said I would call my little boy (if I ever had one) Oliver.

I do however also love Harry and William.

Im sure there are loads of names for boys if I looked through the book xx
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 7:45 am

I don't think Aidan is chavvy either.

I'm not convinced on Seth - I'd expect him to be a redneck with buck teeth and a string vest.

I like Ben, James, Harry, Thomas, so mainly traditional names x
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 7:48 am

Joshua is on our list for a boy - Caitlin would have been that.
Max is also a possiblity for us, Stuarts fave at the min.
I love oliver, but Stuart doesnt so thats never made a top 5 for us, he thinks its too old fashioned scratch

Aidan here used to be quite a traditional, cathoilc name. Bit boring. But now it has peaked a bit with people in tv being called it. Im in the middle about it, not a fave of mine but certainly not chavvy!

I wouldnt pass on the name ronald. I like the sentiment but if Matt hates it that much like you say I dont know why he wants to pass it on. Did his granda have any middle names? We had picked Joshua George(FIL) Maxwell (my granda's middle name) Gray as Caitlins full name if she was a boy. I like middle names to be family type names.

We seem to like similar names, (Imogen was on our list for Caitlin). How about Connor, killian, charlie, daniel, morgan, dylan, harry, oscar, noah, liam, jake...
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 8:00 am

I'm quite traditional on names too, but i think thats the problem as they tend to be quite common and i like something a little less. Like Imogen.. it's well known but you don't come across a lot of Imogens. I want a name like that. Also we seem to have a lot of traditional names in the family so can't be used. Why is it so hard?!

I like Seth, Matt does too. But I don't know if it's a bit weird to say.. like the 'th' sound? Or am i being weird? Laughing

I've just tried talking to Matt about the Ronald thing again and doesn't want to change his mind so i think we're going to be discussing it will the end. I've asked about middle name but he doesn't know it... typical.
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

About Me!
My Name: Kate

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 8:57 am

I hope you dont mind me saying but i dont think seth goes with your surname, maybe too many 'h's and yeah i know what you mean on the 'th' sound!!! x eh?
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:06 am

Sorry but ronald just reminds me of McDonalds.

If we ever have a boy he is going to be William. I like traditional names too. I have lots of brothers and nephews in my family, here are some of their names, might give you some inspiration
Gary, Karl, Sean, Dean, Nick, Jamie, Jack, Kieran, Matthew, Richard, Scott, Brian, Joshua, Daniel, Callum

Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!
My Name: Lita

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:31 am

Boys names in my family - Samuel Bryn, Harry, Jack, Matthew, Michael, Aaron Robert David, Oliver Andrew, Anton, Paul, Kyle, Thomas, Mark.

Ummm others....Liam, Kai, Charlie, Ethan, Ewan, Luke, Lucas....that's all I can think of Laughing
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:32 am

i like Bailey and Milo
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:06 pm

I like all the names you said Shell but agree that Ronald is a bit odd to pass down espeicially as your OH hates it. Can he ask anyone in his family about what his grandads middle name was?

I know what you mean about not wanting a really common name too... I chose Tyler because I thought at the time it was a fairly uncommon but not strange name... how wrong was I, I know looooads of people with the same name lol.

what about alfie, archie, caleb, charlie, Isaac, Jamie, Leon, Luke, Luca/s, Sean, Thomas, hhmmmm thats all I can come up with
but just seen rollo...?? reeally?
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 8:34 am

Kate wrote:
I hope you dont mind me saying but i dont think seth goes
with your surname, maybe too many 'h's and yeah i know what you mean on
the 'th' sound!!! x Opinions Suggestions needed!  548646

I have to say i agree. Guess that ones out.

Thanks for the suggestions! There's a few I like... Charlie, Daniel, Callum, Jake. Just got to run them past Matt.

What do you think of Ross? does it just makes you think of Ross from Friends?
Back to top Go down
Clare

Clare

About Me!
My Name: Clare

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 8:36 am

boys names in our family are
richard, russell, ian, stuart, james, wayne,david, paul richard, robert, philip, neil,johnathan, richard again, then another richard, laurence, albert

but i like charlie, archie, noah,samuel, christopher elliot, a few more but cant think right now
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 8:52 am

OoH I like Elliot.
Once again thanks for the suggestions! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:11 am

My nephew is called Seth and as you know my son is Oliver lol - I was reading this thread and deliberated on telling you (Laughing) my other fave boys name..that we'll be calling our next one (if a boy) but Clare got in there first and that is Elliot <<
Back to top Go down
Zee

Zee

About Me!
My Name: Zee

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:13 am

silly thing has missed half my message off Opinions Suggestions needed!  517725 Rolling Eyes Mad Anyhoo, it went on to say - I love love love the name Elliot. I know i'm being biased but I love Seth too and think it would go nice with your surname Here are some of my friends boys names - Dylan, Jack, Joshua, Oliver, Max, Harrison, Ashton (erh, my minds gone blank now lol)

Last edited by Zee on Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:14 am

i like, bailey, milo and evan.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:37 am

Laughing pinky is spamming this post
Back to top Go down
pinkyd

pinkyd

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:43 am

mariheartselijah wrote:
Laughing pinky is spamming this post

get it, already replied, baby brain strikes again Embarassed i also like jackson, if ava was a boy we were considering it but MJ had just died and didn't want to appear a fan.
Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:50 am

my fave boys names are dylan(or dillon) braiden, toby, tristan, alfie, archie...of course oliver Very Happy oh and i love harry too(was my second choice for ollie...so he's oliver harry lol) x
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:15 am

I like Oliver. I really like Sebastian. I'd avoid Dylan if you want something different. Two of my friends have just had Dylans and therewas another on the ward after I gave birth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Opinions Suggestions needed!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Conceiving, Pregnancy & Birth :: Pregnancy :: Baby Names-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Opinions Suggestions needed!  Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Opinions Suggestions needed!  Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Opinions Suggestions needed!  Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Opinions Suggestions needed!  Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Opinions Suggestions needed!  Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Opinions Suggestions needed!  Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Opinions Suggestions needed!  Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Opinions Suggestions needed!  Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Opinions Suggestions needed!  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Opinions Suggestions needed!  Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Opinions Suggestions needed!  Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Opinions Suggestions needed!  Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Opinions Suggestions needed!  Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Opinions Suggestions needed!  Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Opinions Suggestions needed!  Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words