Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Opinions Suggestions needed!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 6:40 am

First topic message reminder :

So now we know little bubba is a boy we've got to decide a name. We have a few we like but can't seem to decide on anything.

We've always loved the name Oliver, but it seems like there's a lot of Olivers around atm and i think it was the no.1 boys name last yr, i've always said I didn't want a really common name. Would you let this bother you or just use the name anyway?

I really like Joshua, and would probably shorten to Josh, but my aunty is called Jos and my family already have this problem with pronouncing Jos and confusing it with Josh so I don't really want to add to that. I really really love the name though!

Other names we like are Samuel and Max. I like these but maybe not enough to use them for my child. What do you think of them.

We also like Aidan but when i mentioned it to my mum and sister they said it was too chavvy, which has made me worried. What do you think... chavvy or not?

Then we come to middle names. Matt's middle name is Ronald after his Grandad, his Grandad died a few years ago and Matt's said he wants his son to have the middle name too. I think its a sweet gesture but my problem is Matt hates his middle name, as in he cringes when he hears it and hates having to tell people what it is cause he thinks it's an embarassing name, so in that respect I really don't understand why he wants to pass it on to his child. His cousin had a little boy last year and gave him the middle name Ronald so the name has already been passed on. Am I being a biatch though, should I just let him have the middle name he wants or do you think it's a little weird if he hates the name and his cousin has already used it?

Finally has anyone got any other suggestions? I literally can't think of any boys names.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:20 am

Zee wrote:
My nephew is called Seth and as you know my son is Oliver lol - I was reading this thread and deliberated on telling you (Laughing) my other fave boys name..that we'll be calling our next one (if a boy) but Clare got in there first and that is Elliot <<

Haha love that you almost didn't want to tell me. Hubby is not sure on Elliot, sigh.

Harry is nice, i like that.

Not keen on Dylan... probably cause i have heard of a few recently.
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 6:30 pm

Jospeh, Jacob, issac, Zack, rio, Reece,aaron, caleb, elijah (sorry mari love the name haha). cirus, harvey, daniel, Lucas.

I Love all these names.

I dont understand either why OH wants ronald if his embarrassed of it, why not suggest you OHs name as a middle name instead.

Char
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 5:53 am

No he doesn't want his name as a middle name. Just Ronald. We're still arguing over it, I'm sure we will be till the end.

I really like Zach, Reese and Jacob but hubby not sure. I think in his mind now it's Oliver Ronald and thats it he won't listen to anything else.
Back to top Go down
kenty

kenty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 6:17 am

i like joey, or kaden, lewis and james Wink

it does seem weird that he'd want to pass on a name he dislikes so much...but men are weird creatures! what about compromising and having the middle name as ronny? not as 'old man-ish'
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 6:21 am

how about oscar? not sure if its already mentioned.

Quote :
elijah (sorry mari love the name haha)
haha no probs! he was nearly noah, but we used to have a cat with that name and decided that wasn't fair hahaha we also love jacob and jonah....can't have jacob though cos our surnames blake (jacob blake - sounds weird)
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 7:28 am

Bit too like Jacob Black from Twilight!

Matt won't let me use Jacob cause he thinks people will assume it's after Twilight, even though his choice for girls name was Isabella, also from Twilight Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 548646

We may have decided on Joshua Matthew now. I've decided it doesn't matter than my aunty is called Jos, people will just have to get over it, it may sound similar but it's a diff name. Matt has also decided it will be a good idea to use his name. He's so weird he was so against it before.
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 7:50 am

I love it! It's perfect!
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 8:00 am

thats lovely Very Happy my girl name was esme but stupid twilight has ruined it apparently!!!! how very dare they.
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 8:18 am

I love Esme too but Matt didn't. She's not a massive character i don't think people would connect it if you used that.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 8:45 am

hmm but i read that its popularity has suddenly shot up! we will see, it could be ten years from now Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 8:58 am

Yeah I read a lot of the Twilight names have shot up the list. Altho not sure who is calling their kids Carlisle or Renesmee?!

Esme is beautiful though, you should still use it
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 8:59 am

we will see, hubby loves lorelai and i want florence too.....oh wait, maybe i should actually get pregnant first mwahaha
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 9:06 am

Lorelai is beautiful. I liked it for first name but thought people wouldn't be able to say/spell it and I'm right, even as Imogen's middle name people get so confused about it.

Why you still on here?! go get baby making Laughing
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 3:49 am

Joshuas lovley name x
I like all different names my fav being Landon

My favs are
Blake, Chase, Lucas, Alfie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Opinions Suggestions needed!    Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Opinions Suggestions needed!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Conceiving, Pregnancy & Birth :: Pregnancy :: Baby Names-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Opinions Suggestions needed!  - Page 2 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words