Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

nappy troubles...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

nappy troubles... _
PostSubject: nappy troubles...   nappy troubles... EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 6:20 pm

soooooo 3 times in the last week elijah has been up early cos his nappy has leaked.....now it isn't loads (not through his gro-bag but through his vest) and it's always at the hip area - where the tabs are.

we have always used pampers baby dry and he has been in size 4 for a few months - theres no chance he is anywhere near 40lb and they dont seem too small...

any thoughts on how we can prevent this? are pull-up nappies better for nightime? (admittedly it is hard to get his nappy on 'straight' especially when he is tired and super wriggly/running about)

he sleeps mostly curled up on his tummy or side so that might be part of it...any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

nappy troubles... _
PostSubject: Re: nappy troubles...   nappy troubles... EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 6:25 pm

Cerys has this now and again in exactly the same area on her vest. We use asda little angels. Im thinking its sweat because it doesnt smell of wee. she sleeps on her front too. its usually more damp than wet though xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

nappy troubles... _
PostSubject: Re: nappy troubles...   nappy troubles... EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 6:31 pm

its def.wee it smells - i wonder if its because eli has been drinking loads of water because its been so warm? but then i suppose the extra water is used in cooling him down..hmmmm!
Back to top Go down
Jade

Jade

About Me!
My Name: Jade

Edit MY profile

nappy troubles... _
PostSubject: Re: nappy troubles...   nappy troubles... EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 6:50 pm

we went through a phase of this with Tyler, we didnt' have a solution.. lol oh but what about using 4+ pampers? or you can put the liners in that you use for reusable nappes to soak up any extra wee?
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

nappy troubles... _
PostSubject: Re: nappy troubles...   nappy troubles... EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 6:54 pm

4+ Wink

xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

nappy troubles... _
PostSubject: Re: nappy troubles...   nappy troubles... EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 7:57 pm

ohhhh interesting idea with the liners! we have small and large boosters so the little ones might fit actually....

NO i am not buying 4+ because a)i just bought a massive box from asda baby event in size 4 and b)my baby aint no 40lb fatty!!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
MrsDebs

MrsDebs

About Me!
My Name: Debs
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

nappy troubles... _
PostSubject: Re: nappy troubles...   nappy troubles... EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 8:13 pm

PMSL Mari - try an extra lining till you have used up your box (or take it back and exchange it if you haven't opened it yet). Also make double sure willy is pointing down and not up or sideways.

4+ are only slightly bigger than 4, not the next size up. 4 are 7-18k, 4+ are 9-20k. Hannah has been in 4+ for a while now coz she was waking up damp round the waist too. No willy issues here and she aint no 40lb fatty either Laughing, just seemed to be weeing a lot. Although recently she seems to not wee much in the night anymore scratch

xx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

nappy troubles... _
PostSubject: Re: nappy troubles...   nappy troubles... EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 8:26 pm

hmmmmm! well it is open so we will keep going with it - he has started drinking water before bed which seems to help him settle which is great so we will go to 4+ after this box - we only use them at night really though so might be a while!!!

usually check for willy issues, but in post bath very sleepy grumps i maybe miss it Smile
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

nappy troubles... _
PostSubject: Re: nappy troubles...   nappy troubles... EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 8:56 pm

I was going to say 4+ too, but yeah use up what you have first.

Caitlin in size 5 now. 4's still fit but iv moved her up to 4+, and then 5 as they are higher absorbancy. Its not really to do with weight much after they hit about 10 months.

You get less nappies as you move up though the bastards! No
Back to top Go down
XxCHARnNOAHxX

XxCHARnNOAHxX

About Me!
My Name: Charmaine

Edit MY profile

nappy troubles... _
PostSubject: Re: nappy troubles...   nappy troubles... EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 9:03 pm

Hi Mari i have had this a few times when he was littler. I would go with the 4+ i would have gone with 4+ this month but there were no boxes left nor the 4 (in the baby event, cheaper).

I had to get huggies size 4 in the end, i find them better now (first time brought) bcoz they have a stretchy bit at the back that adjusts to fit around the stomach tighter.

With pampers i found he had a big gap at the back, when i tightend it, it was too tight around thr front. lol

Char
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

nappy troubles... _
PostSubject: Re: nappy troubles...   nappy troubles... EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:06 pm

yeah i find that too char - we had loads of leaks with huggies when he was tiny so havent gone back, but these are gappy at his back but tight on his tummy especially if he is sitting up
Back to top Go down
pixel

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 0

Edit MY profile

nappy troubles... _
PostSubject: Re: nappy troubles...   nappy troubles... EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:57 pm

I'll buy the 4's off you if you want to buy 4+? saves you using them up if they're just going to leak?
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

nappy troubles... _
PostSubject: Re: nappy troubles...   nappy troubles... EmptySun May 01, 2011 3:08 am

hmm perhaps Suspect i will try being careful tonight and not just throwing it on him while he is in a fit of rage Laughing if its still a fail your little dinkychops can use them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

nappy troubles... _
PostSubject: Re: nappy troubles...   nappy troubles... EmptySun May 01, 2011 3:32 am

We use pampers as we found huggies rubbish. When we've had that problem we've found tesco own brand works so you could try that.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

nappy troubles... _
PostSubject: Re: nappy troubles...   nappy troubles... EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:32 pm

hmm well it was ok last night, but they def. arent fitting like they used to - its like the shape is wrong now?! pixel i will send john to asda this week and if they have megaboxes of 4+ i will sell you the remainder (over 100 left) otherwise we will just keep going til the box is done Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

nappy troubles... _
PostSubject: Re: nappy troubles...   nappy troubles... Empty

Back to top Go down

nappy troubles...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Baby Babble-
Latest topics
» Spotting
nappy troubles... Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
nappy troubles... Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
nappy troubles... Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
nappy troubles... Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
nappy troubles... Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
nappy troubles... Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
nappy troubles... Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
nappy troubles... Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
nappy troubles... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
nappy troubles... Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
nappy troubles... Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
nappy troubles... Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
nappy troubles... Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
nappy troubles... Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
nappy troubles... Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words