Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

Middle names - Family or random?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Middle names - Family or random?   Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 8:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Caitlin is Caitlin Emma Lauren.
Emma is after my cousin, and Lauren is after Stuarts sister.

For this baby im trying to think of family names too, & if its a boy will use George- FILs name and Maxwell -my granda's middle name. For a girl Im using Jean - my late grannys name.... and then im stuck as no other name on Stuarts side is nice. May end up using Georgia (female of George).

Im trying to go for 2 middle names again just because Caitlin has 2. I like middle names to come from somewhere and also if possible have one from each side of family.

How did you pick your childrens middle names?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
xemplus2x

xemplus2x

About Me!
My Name: Emma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Middle names - Family or random?   Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 7:33 pm

Lillie is Lillie may - Lillie just a name we liked it (only name we could both agree on!!) and May is one of my middle names which was my great nan. but as it turns out lillie may is most blinking common name ever!! lol all the lilys we know are all lily mays! lol

then Hollie is Hollie Anne, Hollie well was by accedent, was adiment I was having a boy and decided it would be Ollie. OH being in his stupid mood joking said and if we have another then we can call her Hollie... never thought of the name untill then. and sort of stuck as when she was born I still like Hollie so she was!! and Anne as its my mums middle name Smile

wish now though I gave them both 2 middle names as I have 2. but then again I hated having 2 middle names when I was younger lol xx
Back to top Go down
olliesmammy

olliesmammy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Middle names - Family or random?   Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:36 pm

Ollie is Ollie Christopher. I wanted the Christopher after my stepdad because he's awesome lol so that was decided from the begining. We had a shortlist of names and we both loved Ollie but werent sure on calling him it because we thought it was a bit of a faddy name and didn't want him to grow up with a name he hated. So when we found out he'd died we decided to go with it.

We called him boris for some reason when I was having him and everyone thought wed stick with that lol

Amelia is Amelia Jayne. Shes actually named after the books by Enid Blyton because they were my favourite when I was little. I picked Amelia when I was drugged out of my mind on morphine and told oh to pick the middle name and he came up with Jayne, which is also my mothers middle name aswell.
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Middle names - Family or random?   Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:54 pm

Jamie's middle names happen to be family names. Joseph is OH's grandad's name although I picked it because I liked it. He then has Adam after OH because he wanted it (I would have called him Jamie Joseph Matthew). Jamie isn't after anyone although my cousin is James (and its my Dad's middle name) and nephew is Jake and all the names come from Jacob. However if we'd had a girl she would have been Keira Amy Isabelle after nobody so it was partly just that they were names we liked
Back to top Go down
Mario

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Middle names - Family or random?   Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:58 pm

Caelyn is Caelyn Sandi-my mum is Dianne and Neils mum Sandra so SAN-DI. Neils choice im personally not keen though its grown on me and seems to suit her nowadays. Long term its probably better for her to be Caelyn Sandi Jackson than Caelyn Sandra Dianne Jackson

Awen is Awen Annalisa. Like Caelyns name I ceded the choice of middle name to neil in exchange for letting me have my first name and he decided to name her after me which I quite like and it rolls off the tongue nicely
Back to top Go down
SemoandHaribo

SemoandHaribo

About Me!
My Name: Emma
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Middle names - Family or random?   Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:11 am

Harry was just a name we both liked and my great grandad was called Harry, and Michael after my brother and grandad! My grandad loves his name as my grandads is Michael Harry, and we have Harry Michael! We have lots of Michaels and Harrys in our family, even Robs full name is Robert Michael lol xx
Back to top Go down
stephandhannah

stephandhannah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Middle names - Family or random?   Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 7:15 am

hannahs is marie and its after my nan. if she was a boy my names were ryan or aidan and his middle name would have been james after my grandad.

my other grans name is iris and Its on my list for my next girl (if laura wouldnt mind :p ) ive fallen in love with it. but I also like emma and for a middle name I would probably want to choose marie again?

emma iris? does that go? guess it does.
emma marie?

anyway to answer your question yes I think its nice to go with something that means something to you but I think its nice when it flows off the tongue.

Back to top Go down
gemz

gemz

About Me!
My Name: gemma
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Middle names - Family or random?   Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 7:36 am

leo is leo andrew alan, after andy and my dad...i dont really like it tbh, i wanted my dads name as his middle name but for some random reason andy shoved his name in there too Rolling Eyes

oliver is oliver harry, harry is after my grandad who passed away, it was either going to be oliver harry or harry oliver lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: Middle names - Family or random?   Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Middle names - Family or random?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Conceiving, Pregnancy & Birth :: Pregnancy :: Baby Names-
Latest topics
» Spotting
Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
Middle names - Family or random? - Page 2 Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words