Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

god whats going on?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
AuthorMessage
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

god whats going on? _
PostSubject: god whats going on?   god whats going on? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 6:57 am

more elijah sleeping troubles.

now, for the most part i have actually given up, elijah spends half the night in his cot then the rest in bed with me pretty much every night. that's all well and good and has been fine, he has been quite settled and bedtime routine etc hasn't changed

so whhhhhhyyyyyyy this week has elijah suddenly decided that instead of 6.30/7 for bedtime, he won't sleep til 10????? nothing has changed except a bit of teething. it's driving me crazy as i can't get an early night for work (selfish haha) and elijah is miserable in the evening because he really should be asleep.....

we cut his naps not long ago, less than a month ago but he really couldn't cope/manage so still has a little nap in the morning and another longer one after lunch, but nothing unusual......argh any ideas? maybe it will just pass now his teeth have settled down
Back to top Go down
Natkat

Natkat

About Me!
My Name: Kat
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

god whats going on? _
PostSubject: Re: god whats going on?   god whats going on? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:41 am

I wish I could give advice but I could never sort Milo out so I'm probably not the best person to ask.. Crying or Very sad Will just send you some virtual chocolate to get through the late nights and the stress! hope someone has some good advice for you soon.

If it helps, Milo sleeps really really well now, even of he does seem to dream about trains (went in to see him when he was stirring - he shouted "TRAIN!! CHOOchooo zzzz" and fell back asleep Laughing )

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
EmVar

EmVar

Edit MY profile

god whats going on? _
PostSubject: Re: god whats going on?   god whats going on? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:06 am

Oh that's a right nightmare, you must be knackered.

Imogen just has one nap in the middle of the day, straight after lunch - it's just the routine nursery got her into and it seems to work quite well cos she's definitely ready for bed come the time, which is 7-7.30pm.

I've always been quite strict on not bringing her in bed with me, even when she's been poorly cos she just can't settle in a strange environment, and neither can we cos we don't want to squish her.

xxx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

god whats going on? _
PostSubject: Re: god whats going on?   god whats going on? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:36 am

thanks ladies Laughing

im not bothered about the bed bit at all, i can sleep fine these days with elijah snoring in one ear and hubby in the other haha its just the bedtime thing!!!

i am just hoping it is cos he has been so sore with his molars and he will decide to go back to sleeping from about 7 - it was so nice having a couple of quiet hours, he was going from 7pm-10pm which was absolute luxury Very Happy
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

god whats going on? _
PostSubject: Re: god whats going on?   god whats going on? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:30 am

Hmm well I'm not the best to give advice because we can't normally get Jamie down to that kind of time anyway but what's the weather been like near you? We've found whenever its hot it takes us even longer to get Jamie down and he doesn't sleep very well when he finally does
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

god whats going on? _
PostSubject: Re: god whats going on?   god whats going on? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:49 am

its been really hot and close here too - although it was hot earlier in the year and lighter and it didn't have the same effect. we fell asleep the other day being hypnotised by the fan Laughing
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

god whats going on? _
PostSubject: Re: god whats going on?   god whats going on? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:56 am

After having a brilliant sleeper (Libby) I used to be so naive and think that it was down to routine and that the reason children didnt sleep was down to the parents not providing a good bedtime routine (let me finish before you get mad Laughing)

BUT I have done the same routine for Dexter now for about 2 months, not changed it at all but some nights he will go down at 7pm and some nights not until 10pm (in fact it was 1am the other night Sleep ), some nights he will sleep for 8/9 hours straight and some nights will wake every 3 hours (like last night).

Now I actually think some babies/children naturally just dont sleep well.

I dont know what to suggest hun, hopefully it is his teeth that are playing him up and he gets back to normal very soon. xx
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

god whats going on? _
PostSubject: Re: god whats going on?   god whats going on? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:05 am

I was like you and thought it was parents but now realise there's not much you can do. Should have been prepared because I didn't sleep and my nephew didn't sleep
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

god whats going on? _
PostSubject: Re: god whats going on?   god whats going on? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:06 am

could be teeth, could be this weather, I struggle to sleep when it's so humid, and Chloe's the same too. Hope it passes soon for you x
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

god whats going on? _
PostSubject: Re: god whats going on?   god whats going on? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:09 am

Quote :
Now I actually think some babies/children naturally just dont sleep well.

cheers haha i know it must be really hard to understand when you have had a brilliant sleeper (me next please!!!) but you do just eventually get used to it, its just a weird change!
Back to top Go down
LisaGandAmelia

LisaGandAmelia

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

god whats going on? _
PostSubject: Re: god whats going on?   god whats going on? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:21 am

I'm totally with Susan on this one. I think routine etc helps but some tiddlers just aren't that keen on sleeping sometimes, or all the time. Nothing the parents have done, just the way the child is.

How about cutting out his morning nap and bringing the lunchtime one a little earlier so that he's a little more worn out come bed time?

I have to say that Amelia is a lazy lump but even she had disturbed sleep when cutting molars so it could very well be that, poor sausage! x
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

god whats going on? _
PostSubject: Re: god whats going on?   god whats going on? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:33 am

he is normally up at 6/7am so if he is still awake by 11 he is on his last legs Laughing i do want to go back and try to cut the naps again because i do feel he is ready but atm i need the rest hahaha umm selfish Wink and also he is overtired so don't want to make it worse if that makes sense?

think i will give it til after the weekend and see where we are
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

god whats going on? _
PostSubject: Re: god whats going on?   god whats going on? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 5:15 am

Could you not try and switch it so that he has a longer morning nap and then a shorter afternoon one then? No idea if it would work or he'll sleep for longer
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

god whats going on? _
PostSubject: Re: god whats going on?   god whats going on? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 5:26 am

its totally hit or miss liberty - some days he will need to be woken up for lunch but not want a sleep in the afternoon - other days he will miss the morning nap and want 1-2 hours in the afternoon.....and again like today will only have 30 mins at 10am and 30mins at about 2; he is currently screaming his lungs out at hubby after i have been seeing to him for 45 minutes........yawn!!!
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

god whats going on? _
PostSubject: Re: god whats going on?   god whats going on? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 5:49 am

Oh well. It was a nice idea! Hope he goes down for you soon. At least Jamie just sits and plays
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

god whats going on? _
PostSubject: Re: god whats going on?   god whats going on? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 6:04 am

haha well he has given in now, so 2 hours earlier than the past few nights hoorah! hopefully we are heading back in the right direction Smile
Back to top Go down
Suse

Suse

About Me!
My Name: Suse
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

god whats going on? _
PostSubject: Re: god whats going on?   god whats going on? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 6:12 am

I feel your pain Mari, mine on the other hand has been asleep on and off since 6:30pm but keeps waking every half hour for milk and a cuddle Mad

Fingers crossed Eli has had an off couple of nights and he's back to sleeping well again.

xxx
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

god whats going on? _
PostSubject: Re: god whats going on?   god whats going on? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 6:21 am

aw susan, it will get better! i hope you find success quicker than us though, i was sure i was going to completely lose my mind at several points over the past year Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

god whats going on? _
PostSubject: Re: god whats going on?   god whats going on? Empty

Back to top Go down

god whats going on?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Children & Parenting :: Toddler Talk-
Latest topics
» Spotting
god whats going on? Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
god whats going on? Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
god whats going on? Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
god whats going on? Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
god whats going on? Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
god whats going on? Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
god whats going on? Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
god whats going on? Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
god whats going on? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
god whats going on? Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
god whats going on? Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
god whats going on? Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
god whats going on? Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
god whats going on? Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
god whats going on? Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words