Babies & All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inHome

Share | 

More great name ideas from stuart

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Similar topics

+
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:
Number of Children: 1

Edit MY profile

More great name ideas from stuart _
PostSubject: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 7:33 am

For ages Stuart liked Bruce, karl or Toby. We tried to compromise and ended back with Joshua, or Reece. I love both those names but they just dont feel right. I then found Reuben blushlove . Its my new fave name, but PIG Stuart hates it & is point blank refusing to consider it Crying or Very sad (its so tempting to register the birth without him Wink )

Stuart has made a list of names -

Reece - Iv gone off, but do like
Jake - not sure it goes with Caitlin
Ashton - I know a girl called ashton & im put off that its girly
James - his cousins LO is called that & I think it would be weird
Max
Adam
Brody - at 1st I thought it was too american, but apparently its Scottish.
Todd - I dont like for a baby

My fave 2 are prob Max or Brody. Still not convinced but. The only name I have suggested that he likes is Nate, Id name him Nathaniel but. One's I like that im not allowed are Reuben, Alfie, Oliver, Theo, Noah (though on pain of death he may let Noah be used...just maybe Rolling Eyes )

What you think? Especially about Max, Brody & Nate/Nathaniel....

Btw baby could still be a girly Laughing

Back to top Go down
Lisa
Admin
Lisa

About Me!
My Name: Lisa

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 7:35 am

I prefer your names SNoops!
Not reallt feeling it for his choices! Ashton is ok, I dont think its girly really
Back to top Go down
http://www.babiesandall.co.uk
MrsLou&Benji

MrsLou&Benji

About Me!
My Name: lou

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 7:38 am

i like reuben Razz lol hmm we had max as our second, so guess i like that name Smile
i think brody is more girly, over ashton...i always think of ashton kutcher...xx
Back to top Go down
*Meg*

*Meg*

About Me!
My Name: Leah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 7:39 am

I like Max. I know a baby boy called Ashton xx
Back to top Go down
~ Katie ~

~ Katie ~

About Me!
My Name: Katie
Number of Children: 3

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 9:03 am

my friends baby is called max and it reminds me of something you would call your dog (no offence intended to anyone with a baby called max).

nate reminds me of a gangster black man

i like ashton (calebs middle name), my friend has a little boy called Aston.. so similar.

and brody i like aswell (my friend has a little boy named that and its lovely and unusual).

so my favourites are Brody and Ashton x
Back to top Go down
Lita
Admin
Lita

About Me!
My Name: Lita

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 9:11 am

I know a big black man called Reuben.........Laughing
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 9:21 am

Lita wrote:
I know a big black man called Reuben.........Laughing

Have you been secretly talking to Stuart Shocked ??? His reasons for disliking Reuben and Theo is that they are apparently traditional names for black people?! He doesnt even know anyone called Reuben and I know 2 white people. Not that it actually flipping matters! His reasons for disliking names are so ridiculous at times.

I just know im gona end up compromising and giving it a name im not 100% sure about. I wasnt really sure about Caitlin (again it was Stuarts fave Rolling Eyes )but I love it now and cant imagine her being anything else (though for a few weeks I did really wish id called her Megan), I guess its the baby you fall in love with not the name! Wink
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 7:04 pm

i like max (where the wild things are!) and brody (makes me think of home and away?!)

i am not keen on reuben, it reminds me of along came polly, reuben! are you for scuba????
Back to top Go down

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 8:44 pm

I love Reuben! I work with a bloke called Reuben and he's white and from Manchester! - Let me be clear, I love the name and not the bloke I work with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Max too - I don't like the other names.
Back to top Go down
*ShevAndLissieLou*

*ShevAndLissieLou*

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 8:55 pm

I like Reuben too Smile
Back to top Go down
CarlaAndCallum

CarlaAndCallum

About Me!
My Name: Carla

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:01 pm

i like Ashton and Nate xx
Back to top Go down
Shell

Shell

About Me!
My Name: Michelle
Number of Children: 2

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:51 am

Sorry I don't like Reuben, it makes me think of some posh twat to be honest. Matt was almost called Reuben, his Dad was telling people that was his name and his Mum changed her mind to Matthew last min.

I like Max, it was on our list and Jake/Jacob. I think it goes with Caitlin nicely. I like Nate too.
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 3:10 am

mariheartselijah wrote:
i like max (where the wild things are!) and brody (makes me think of home and away?!)

i am not keen on reuben, it reminds me of along came polly, reuben! are you for scuba????

Hmm not sure if its a good thing that a name reminds you of home and away? I dont want it to sound too made up/trendy. The along came polly thing has gone straight over my head (I know its a jennifer aniston film but dont think ive ever saw it)

Michelle I love the way you say 'im sorry' and then go on to say it reminds you of a posh twat, dont hold back Laughing You also burst my bubble about Ruby being a crayon lol. perhaps pg people are the best to ask as they so honest Laughing

Max I love, but like Katie said Im sure there are a lot of people who see it as a dogs name... I suppose but a dog can be called anything and its just a name at the end of the day.

I think im leaning towards Brody atm but the trendy thing is putting me off a bit especially as Caitlin is quite a traditional name, particularly here in Ireland.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 3:39 am

i definitely dont think max is just a dog name - i mean if you wanted to call him fang perhaps, or spot...but not max. im not sure why brody reminds me of h+a but my friend just called her son brody and i think its really cute Smile maybe there is a cute but more sort of gaelic version that would go with caitlin?
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 3:56 am

Brody is a gaelic name - it means ditch Laughing

Another thing holding me back from saying Brody is THE name is originally Stuart suggested spelling it Brodie. I said no as if you break it down its Bro die (brother die) and then when i found it meant ditch I had a weird feeling that if I name him Brody he will die in a ditch eh?

Please reign my irrational, over analysing, pregnant thoughts in....
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 5:46 am

well.....brodie spelled like that is too close to bridie....you know, like the scottish cornish pasty........
Back to top Go down
liberty

liberty

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 5:51 am

I like Max. I also think Jake goes fine with Caitlin (my niece and nephew are Jake and Katie so not too dissimiliar)
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 5:57 am

Never heard of them Mari, though his dad prob has as he originally from Scotland. Paisley I think, apparently it was quite a scummy area anyway? I could be wrong and if Paisley is a lovely area, iv got the town wrong!

Stuart would love a Scotish name to impress his dad (He picked Caitlin thinking it was Scotish & not Irish to please his dad I think - his dads reaction "Its a bit fenian (Catholic) isnt it?! Shocked " I find alot of the traditional Scotish names quite old/harsh.
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 6:29 am

oooh you've got me name-searching again now....is it weird that i have 3 girls names and a boys name chosen already?!

tbh i don't know the difference between scottish and irish names, that's probably massively errr ethnocentric of me! i have heard grim things of paisley and half the west coast in general but never really been so i suppose i will remain open minded Laughing

how about ruaraidh? i think that goes nicely with caitlin Very Happy or umm apparently an easier spelling (i actually had to check that 3 times) ruairi Very Happy
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 8:15 am

I like ruairi, I also like Killian and Connor but would never use them as we are from protestant backgrounds. We both have close friends that are Catholics so its not that we awful bigots, its just that here with names like those it is automatically assumed you are from the Catholic community. It wouldnt really bother me, would just be a tad confusing and is a bit 'labelling' over here. I discounted William for the same reason, its traditionally a protestant name and I dont want my kids to feel awkward in certain areas/situations.

Isnt it lovely to live in a country were there is politics in naming a baby Laughing

I think you are lucky you have your names picked. Does Mr Mari agree to them all? Have you said goodbye to Esme? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 8:18 am

aww yeah it's sh*t that something which is the polar opposite of a baby (politics) dictates what you can do!

yes i think esme has gone (said with actual real life glum face) and mr.mari does agree! although we have different preferences. who knows though by the time another baby actually comes some other ridiculous teen-flick might ruin the names hahaha boo!!

i think the added influence of already having a child with a name (obviously) makes it trickier second time round - i have a friend whos children are named douglas and brooke and i can never quite figure out a connection between the two names!
Back to top Go down
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 8:24 am

I have a friend who has duaghthers Paris and Sophie and I dont get that either. I sort of feel sibbling names should go together eg all traditional, or all modern etc.

Aw thats crap you've had to give up your name. Suppose at least you hadnt named the child the week before the books came out. My aunty and uncle are quite middle class and they had a daughter called Brittony 14 years ago - months/years later Britney Spears popped up. Then 11 yrs ago they had Rhiannon... and now Rihanna is famous. They look like 2 chav's who name their kids after raunchy popstars!

Btw you still havent assured me that im being paranoid about Brody dying in a ditch eh?
Back to top Go down
mariheartselijah

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 8:30 am

haha umm well i have peered into my crystal ball especially for you and it does seem decidedly unlikely!

apart from already getting stupid hobbit jokes (elijah wood) i can't see eli's name ever being too popular - watch this space haha im glad we didn't go with our original name of hunter though....rhymes can be cruel!
Back to top Go down
mandy

mandy

About Me!
My Name: Mandy

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 8:35 am

I had a dog called max so that ones out for me, Reuben reminds me of the racing driver Ruens Barichello, even though it's spelt differently! Adam is my ex husband so that puts me off that, I like James and Oliver, but I quite like traditional names for boys. Sorry I'm no help at all!
Back to top Go down
http://www.amandascakes.co.uk
snoopy21

About Me!
My Name:

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 8:39 am

I considered Elijah this time. I like it, not overly popular and not weird.

Just got the rhyme thing, for a min I was thinking Munter? Thats not too bad and then I though oooh Cun.... Shocked

Mandy I love Oliver but Stuart is adamant its a granda name - plonker!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Edit MY profile

PostSubject: Re: More great name ideas from stuart   More great name ideas from stuart Empty

Back to top Go down

More great name ideas from stuart

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Babies & All :: Conceiving, Pregnancy & Birth :: Pregnancy :: Baby Names-
Latest topics
» Spotting
More great name ideas from stuart Emptyby Marie-Pier Tue May 01, 2018 12:31 pm

» Help You Save The Expense Of Wedding Dress
More great name ideas from stuart Emptyby thefashion Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

» Select from online wedding dress stores
More great name ideas from stuart Emptyby dfwre Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:52 pm

» A wide collection of Wedding Decoration Ideas
More great name ideas from stuart Emptyby sahalegail Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

» Casual wedding dress in higher need?
More great name ideas from stuart Emptyby dfwre Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 pm

» An Amazing collection of Wedding Decoration
More great name ideas from stuart Emptyby sahalegail Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 pm

» Teddy Bears Picnic Party Supplies?
More great name ideas from stuart Emptyby sahalegail Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

» baby esme grace
More great name ideas from stuart Emptyby liberty Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
More great name ideas from stuart Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:28 pm

» For Sell:Stokke XPLORY Stroller/Bugaboo camel
More great name ideas from stuart Emptyby garyboatner Thu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

» Natures Sway Hammock & Stand
More great name ideas from stuart Emptyby Tell Wed May 01, 2013 8:22 pm

» Banda mobile
More great name ideas from stuart Emptyby EmVar Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

» is it enough at 10 weeks?
More great name ideas from stuart Emptyby char w Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

» Merry Christmas
More great name ideas from stuart Emptyby Lisa Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:07 am

» Are Nativity Plays Still Compulsory?
More great name ideas from stuart Emptyby Emmylou Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Most Viewed Topics
Introduce Yourself!
September 2009 mummies
10 Illegal baby names
New Weight Watchers ProPoints plan explained.
Cheesy Party songs (90s)
say hello to the sun baby sensory song???
Whats the first thing you think of?
Banda Night In ladies (pics included)
pro points calculator
Most active topics
September 2009 mummies
Introduce Yourself!
Whats the first thing you think of?
Bin it or eat it
Change the letter.
Girls and boys names.
which one???
Count to a 1000 in words